• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Win Loss Prediction Thread.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was originally looking at 7-9 but the Offense looks decent so far but will need to stay healthy in order to compete. Defense looks very good again. I will go with 9-7 now. Obviously if Stafford gets hurt all bets are off.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense looks very good again.

raw

Rotational iDL looks suspect to say the least

LB corps is depleted and unproven

CB2 isn't any better than it was last year. Oruwariye needs to be brought along slowly. Tabor is a huge question mark as to what he offers. Melvin coming off a down year, new system, not much to go upon previous years in a positive manner. Agnew looks as lost as Oruwariye.

I'm not believing that DL is going to improve those CB's when you consider the talent or lack of outside of Slay.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raw

Rotational iDL looks suspect to say the least

LB corps is depleted and unproven

CB2 isn't any better than it was last year. Oruwariye needs to be brought along slowly. Tabor is a huge question mark as to what he offers. Melvin coming off a down year, new system, not much to go upon previous years in a positive manner. Agnew looks as lost as Oruwariye.

I'm not believing that DL is going to improve those CB's when you consider the talent or lack of outside of Slay.

How so? We added Daniels to the DTs. So we have him and Snacks with A'shawn and Hand rotating in. Big improvement there. Atkins or Johnson will be the 5th most likely. Loewan would most likely replace Hand if he goes on the PUP.

Melvin was very good before playing in the Raiders zone defense. He looked decent the other night. Coleman has been a disappointment so far though.

LB is an issue and we cant afford any more injuries but it still looks better then last year. JRM looks much better now and Tavai seems decent. The rest are the same guys.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen anything from the players expected to be the starting DL unit to know what kind of chemistry they'll have once the season begins. I think after playing those first four games will give us some idea as to what we might expect for the remainder of the season (depending on opponent).

There is nothing to go off of from the pre-season so far.

I'll take the wait and see approach.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hand if he goes on the PUP.

He's not eligible for PUP. He was healthy for training camp and practiced so that negates him from being put on PUP unless they changed the rules since 2017.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anything from the players expected to be the starting DL unit to know what kind of chemistry they'll have once the season begins. I think after playing those first four games will give us some idea as to what we might expect for the remainder of the season (depending on opponent).

There is nothing to go off of from the pre-season so far.

I'll take the wait and see approach.

I agree in that respect. The scheme is changed a little from last year too. There will be a lot more 3-4 alignments. It could take a few games for them to get up to speed. The limited quarter and a half looked good except for some bogus penalties.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not eligible for PUP. He was healthy for training camp and practiced so that negates him from being put on PUP unless they changed the rules since 2017.

He was not healthy all preseason and has not played at all so he should be eligible.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin was very good before playing in the Raiders zone defense. He looked decent the other night.

Once again, I want to see regular season reps against starting caliber players and for at least those first four games. All those new players including Coleman and Melvin have to communicate with Slay and Diggs and others who are starting DB's and create that chemistry and cohesion on the field. It's not automatic as it takes time and real game reps (Time playing together being the biggest factor). You have to know what your teammates are seeing, thinking and how they react to various sets the offense is showing pre-snap and post-snap. jmo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could take a few games for them to get up to speed.

My point exactly. There's no telling how or when they'll jell as a unit. They have talent on that entire DL but they have to come together in real time and during games that count.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not healthy all preseason and has not played at all so he should be eligible.

Once again, I'll post those rules. I did this just a few days ago for you.

What does PUP list mean for NFL players?

Players who start the preseason on the PUP list may not practice until cleared by team medical personnel. They can attend team meetings and work out. Once cleared, they can return to the field.

If a player practices during training camp, they are not eligible for the PUP list. Instead, the team has to cut the player or put them on injured reserve.

If a player finishes preseason on the PUP list, they can be placed on the regular season PUP list.

Players on the PUP list may not practice or play the first six weeks of the season. After the sixth week, the player must be allowed to return to practice, placed on injured reserved or released within five weeks

Hand was involved in Live Practices.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I'll post those rules. I did this just a few days ago for you.

What does PUP list mean for NFL players?

Players who start the preseason on the PUP list may not practice until cleared by team medical personnel. They can attend team meetings and work out. Once cleared, they can return to the field.

If a player practices during training camp, they are not eligible for the PUP list. Instead, the team has to cut the player or put them on injured reserve.

If a player finishes preseason on the PUP list, they can be placed on the regular season PUP list.

Players on the PUP list may not practice or play the first six weeks of the season. After the sixth week, the player must be allowed to return to practice, placed on injured reserved or released within five weeks

Hand was involved in Live Practices.

OK, didnt know he actually physically practiced. I thought he had surgery. So then he goes on IR for 6 or 8 weeks or is he done?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I want to see regular season reps against starting caliber players and for at least those first four games. All those new players including Coleman and Melvin have to communicate with Slay and Diggs and others who are starting DB's and create that chemistry and cohesion on the field. It's not automatic as it takes time and real game reps (Time playing together being the biggest factor). You have to know what your teammates are seeing, thinking and how they react to various sets the offense is showing pre-snap and post-snap. jmo.

Thats fine. Still not sure how you think anyone can be worse then Nevin Lawson. Thats addition by subtraction.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, didnt know he actually physically practiced. I thought he had surgery. So then he goes on IR for 6 or 8 weeks or is he done?

He hasn't had surgery and the big brace he was wearing initially is no longer from what I read.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine. Still not sure how you think anyone can be worse then Nevin Lawson. Thats addition by subtraction.

Lawson could run with WR's (for the most part-maybe a 1/2 to full step behind), he couldn't turn that head around to make a play. He had very few issues in tackling and the physicality department.

I don't miss #24 at all. The former #24 that is.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawson could run with WR's (for the most part-maybe a 1/2 to full step behind), he couldn't turn that head around to make a play. He had very few issues in tackling and the physicality department.

I don't miss #24 at all. The former #24 that is.

Hopefully noone does. He was also a penalty machine.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious or did you forget the sarcasm font?
I've already stated it... the Lions will either get the nod from the NFL to win or the Lions will bow to the Packers win/loss record for the forth time in Stafford tenure. Sorry, but I'm not jesting.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-1. We get cheated at Soldier Field as usual, but the Lions kick everybody else's asses.

And then we go to the Superbowl.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-1. We get cheated at Soldier Field as usual, but the Lions kick everybody else's asses.

And then we go to the Superbowl.

My kid’s all star flag football team did this this summer in Canton during the Tournament. Went 5-0 beating everyone’s asses. Defense allowed 0 points in those 5 games. Lost championship 7-13 to a 3rd year travel team.