• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: lions vs WFT now or never

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that was just more of the mixed messaging. No more no less. And given the current state of this laughable division this year...still an accurate assessment, lol

Of course!

Just gotta stick my :2cents: in again here. You play the schedule in front of you. To me, it’s not about ‘embarassing’ In terms of wins for the division. It remains playing hard, with fight and if the division happens, so much the better for a developing and young team. nothing embarrassing to me about a young team experiencing a one and done playoff round. In fact, I’d argue, a valuable learning experience for their tool kit.

Wouldn't it be funny if the team that wins the NFC East went on to win a playoff game or two before they are eliminated?

Stranger things have happened.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so putting forth that the kid isnt trying hard enough, if this is the case, is an unfair charge

I am a big fan of calling a spade a spade.

If DH is playing video games, then he is lazy.

If DH is working on his health, but not putting in time to study film, the playbook, and the plan, then he is misguided.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be funny if the team that wins the NFC East went on to win a playoff game or two before they are eliminated?

Stranger things have happened.
I would love it for the irony and ‘it’s not a legitmate’ Win folk. I would definitely crow a bit if it happened. Don’t expect it...but tbh...with this division and a bit of continued health, luck and hard play...I could absolutely see it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it for the irony and ‘it’s not a legitmate’ Win folk. I would definitely crow a bit if it happened. Don’t expect it...but tbh...with this division and a bit of continued health, luck and hard play...I could absolutely see it.
I know if one losing team winning a playoff game . They lost the following week and followed that playoff achievement with a 7-9 non playoff team the following year .

I wonder should I crow if we lose on round one ? Or point out we lost 10 or more draft spots to go 6-10 the following year

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know if one losing team winning a playoff game . They lost the following week and followed that playoff achievement with a 7-9 non playoff team the following year .

I wonder should I crow if we lose on round one ? Or point out we lost 10 or more draft spots to go 6-10 the following year
To me it isn’t about crowing as much as rooting for our young guns to play opportunistic FB and take advantage of whatever this year affords. It’s not about legitimacy...I know this team is not ‘good’ however you define it... but I just view things in different terms than you. And that’s cool. I respect your point regarding not being ‘legitimate’ by your standard, I simply don’t share the fools gold angle from the perspective that if they learn, everyone wins...regardless the total wins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it isn’t about crowing as much as rooting for our young guns to play opportunistic FB and take advantage of whatever this year affords. It’s not about legitimacy...I know this team is not ‘good’ however you define it... but I just view things in different terms than you. And that’s cool. I respect your point regarding not being ‘legitimate’ by your standard, I simply don’t share the fools gold angle from the perspective that if they learn, everyone wins...regardless the total wins.
Not worth the loss of draft position just so you can chest thump . Which one poster is only interested in . I am not sure there are any lessons you can pick up doing one and done other then you didn’t belong in the first place . Those lessons need to be learned when you are truly worthy of being there not by backing your way in . I am sorry but I have too much pride in my accomplishments to accept trash as being good and a true professional won’t accept that either.

Now if we get 6 wins and draft at 15 because we played the best we could then I am fine with it but to win a division with that garbage and pick in the 20 ‘s just to chest thump is just stupid and fake

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll point out what I think is valuable. Post season play for young guys who have never been there. That experience is valuable whether you have 5 laughable wins (which seems likely with this hilarious division) or 9.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so putting forth that the kid isnt trying hard enough, if this is the case, is an unfair charge
No, it's not unfair, just unnecessary. How difficult would have been to simply follow that "I've seen enough of Dwayne Haskins" remark with some non damaging clarity that also happens to be true?

Perhaps something akin to.. "We (or I if he wanted to put the onus on himself) believe that the previous approach to his development didn't serve him well, so the decision is being made to get him on the proper track."

Almost everyone would have understood this, pretty sure Dwayne would have appreciated it and more importantly, there would still be some trade value for a guy that every other team would have understood as needing seasoning.

Last edited: