• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: lions vs WFT now or never

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do yhink that he plays again, but Only to be set up to fail.
I don’t see this personally. But as we only truly have our opinions about it all at this point, I can understand why some might.

I could see DH playing again. I’ve shifted my mind a bit about this. And for some of the reasons you've mentioned, mostly trade value and Cuz he might HAVE to.

Tho, if we see RR make (is it Montes...the other QB) active and he goes that direction, Definitively DH is done here...for good.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, that I'm a big supporter of Haskins doing well, and as you state fair is fair and he hasn't gotten that yet. Regret is a difficult thing to have to deal with in life, and it is a disservice to this team, and fans/ followers/ supporters to not give him a fair shot to develop or fail as a pro. Perhaps he fails as so many now believe, but can you imagine what the posts are going to be like if board members, are looking back and saying, as they've done with coaches, "we had him here but..."
i dont know what DH will be or not be . what i believe is he went through 3 HC's , 2 of which dont want him and this covid off season which hurt his development

in my opinion he shouldnt have been benched and certainly not for that BS public reason . if we had a shot at the division (which i highly doubt ) it would have been perfect to see how he performed in those supposedly " must win " games " and really see if he is your guy .. what you said now is he isnt your guy because you didnt have faith in him to lead you

as it turned out both CDC and Allen did no better against the cream puffs then DH did vs the playoff contenders . if we win the next 2 games , so what ? we are 4-7 and facing a tough stretch with PITT , 49ers , seatle while finishing up vs the panthers and eagles

we have a legit shot at 6-10 but we havent cashed in on any of our legit shots this season really . i believe DH could have done the same thing or better

the reality is once you lost faith as a HC in DH then its over no matter what he says in piublic

if he is lazy , doesnt study , is arrogant then we dont want him anyway none of which has been proven to my satisfaction although others disagree. they could be right for sure

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and if healthy, he also starts against the Ropers as well. So far, since the move from rebuild to win the division commenced the team is 1-4. After these next two, the road gets tougher and you're hoping at that time they've both won and are still in the division race. On the other hand, I don't think that they will get past the 2-6-1 Bengals and I believe that Dallas plays better at home especially on Thanks-taking!

I am not sure how you can hate a country that you are so PRIVILEGED to be a citizen. And you miss the entire point of Thanksgiving.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do yhink that he plays again, but Only to be set up to fail. Didn't you write that "IF they win the next two, no way?" Well right now the team is 3rd in the division with a record of 2-7. That's an average of 1 win in every 4.5 games and doesn't give confidence that there's anything close to winning two games in a row.

YOU posted, with the Kyle change that this was a move towards winning the division. Well, now we know for certain that, this team is no better positioned to do that after four games with Allen and now Smith. Sure the offense appears to be running more smoothly now, but who can say that Haskins wouldn't have produced equal function by playing the Detroit, Giants twice and the Goat-ropers? So, I ask you, do you still see this team winning the division? Again, I admire your optimism but I just don't see it.

In as much as Haskins goes, he has no trade value worth speaking of, and even if the intent is to get rid of him, playing him does one of two things... enhances his value or puts them exactly where they are with him now. It's a lot easier to justify moving on when a guy is given a fair shot and he "fails" than it is in merely moving on from him then realizing your shortcomings if/when that same guy goes elsewhere and becomes everything that you claimed that he couldn't be.

Of course we have a shot at winning the division. If we stop beating ourselves every game we could get 7 wins. IF we miss Fg's, turovers,and stupid penalties then we wont win any. You can say that for any team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how you can hate a country that you are so PRIVILEGED to be a citizen. And you miss the entire point of Thanksgiving.
no politics , both of you

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we have a shot at winning the division. If we stop beating ourselves every game we could get 7 wins. IF we miss Fg's, turovers,and stupid penalties then we wont win any. You can say that for any team.
you need 9 to be a legit playoff team ,anything else is fake

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see this personally. But as we only truly have our opinions about it all at this point, I can understand why some might.

I could see DH playing again. I’ve shifted my mind a bit about this. And for some of the reasons you've mentioned, mostly trade value and Cuz he might HAVE to.

Tho, if we see RR make (is it Montes...the other QB) active and he goes that direction, Definitively DH is done here...for good.
Time will tell, so we take a wait and see position until then.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know what DH will be or not be . what i believe is he went through 3 HC's , 2 of which dont want him and this covid off season which hurt his development

in my opinion he shouldnt have been benched and certainly not for that BS public reason . if we had a shot at the division (which i highly doubt ) it would have been perfect to see how he performed in those supposedly " must win " games " and really see if he is your guy .. what you said now is he isnt your guy because you didnt have faith in him to lead you

as it turned out both CDC and Allen did no better against the cream puffs then DH did vs the playoff contenders . if we win the next 2 games , so what ? we are 4-7 and facing a tough stretch with PITT , 49ers , seatle while finishing up vs the panthers and eagles

we have a legit shot at 6-10 but we havent cashed in on any of our legit shots this season really . i believe DH could have done the same thing or better

the reality is once you lost faith as a HC in DH then its over no matter what he says in piublic

if he is lazy , doesnt study , is arrogant then we dont want him anyway none of which has been proven to my satisfaction although others disagree. they could be right for sure

No one knows what DH will be and that's the point. There's a certain historical sensitivity in calling people lazy, and less than necessarily studious. I'm going to leave it there. Now, regarding this so-called play-off run, where are the wins? Where's the evidence that this team would be 0-5 had Haskins started them? They are, in fact, 1-4 since this great move was made and the "1" came against the Ropers.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that this isn't political but in response to that total nonsense above...

@#$%^&*()_*(&&*^$$^#^&%*&(%^&**&(%^%#%*)&^)(%^$@#!@@$#&%(O*)!!!

and furthermore,

@@#%^TY()P){)(*&^%$#$%^&O(&*IT^&%^#$%&^&()&*&^$%^&*(P)P((*I&U^$%^&O(*P())(_(O*&$^&*%&&*(*P(O*&^E%$%^&P)*O&^$%^$&*(O(*(&*^&U^$E%&*!!!

dammit!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what??? They had a shot at winning the division, and they made a move. Then assured everyone who dared listen to that BS, that the move was made in order to give the team their best shot at winning, right? Well 1-4 later and you're telling me that if not for the reasons why they are a bad team there would be a chance? I can't remember the coach who said it, but @Dean, my brother, "they are who we thought they are!"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's revisit this no matter what happens with him. If I'm wrong, I'll definitely give you props for taking this position.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what??? They had a shot at winning the division, and they made a move. Then assured everyone who dared listen to that BS, that the move was made in order to give the team their best shot at winning, right? Well 1-4 later and you're telling me that if not for the reasons why they are a bad team there would be a chance? I can't remember the coach who said it, but @Dean, my brother, "they are who we thought they are!"
in the interest of in fact piling on every single reason for the teams failure he gave in regards to the new qbs can apply to the old one

and before we go with the TO's and such both allen and CDC had key turnovers and cost us games . CDC took a sack that cost us points vs the lions and missed JD 2x's that cost us TDs . same with allen , he missed throws

but what shows the bias here is when DH does it with less time in the offense and against better teams he is a bum . when the others do it its conveniently left out

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the interest of in fact piling on every single reason for the teams failure he gave in regards to the new qbs can apply to the old one

and before we go with the TO's and such both allen and CDC had key turnovers and cost us games . CDC took a sack that cost us points vs the lions and missed JD 2x's that cost us TDs . same with allen , he missed throws

but what shows the bias here is when DH does it with less time in the offense and against better teams he is a bum . when the others do it its conveniently left out
That's all that I'm saying, you just said it better!:yes::thumb:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows what DH will be and that's the point. There's a certain historical sensitivity in calling people lazy, and less than necessarily studious. I'm going to leave it there. Now, regarding this so-called play-off run, where are the wins? Where's the evidence that this team would be 0-5 had Haskins started them? They are, in fact, 1-4 since this great move was made and the "1" came against the Ropers.

If a person is lazy in comparison to another, or not as studious, then sensitivity be damned.

And I have been saying for a while DH was done wrong.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to win your division to make the playoffs. Simple as that.
Again if your standard is that low I can’t help you

It’s embarrassing

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a person is lazy in comparison to another, or not as studious, then sensitivity be damned.

And I have been saying for a while DH was done wrong.
Everyone at some point in their lives is "lazy" compared to another person, and/or appears not as studious. What does it prove, beyond a cowardly way of purposely attempting to denigrate based largely in the shortcomings of the person offering such opinions? Everyone learns differently that is a fact, to say and/or purposely call into question how one does so, is an exercise in ignorance bereft of fact, and an attempt to suggest that one knows the ONLY true way, while the other falls short because they don't subscribe to, or utilize that methodology.

BTW: You're right, DH was done wrong and you were one of the first to say so! Good call!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone at some point in their lives is "lazy" compared to another person, and/or appears not as studious. What does it prove, beyond a cowardly way of purposely attempting to denigrate based largely in the shortcomings of the person offering such opinions? Everyone learns differently that is a fact, to say and/or purposely call into question how one does so, is an exercise in ignorance bereft of fact, and an attempt to suggest that one knows the ONLY true way, while the other falls short because they don't subscribe to, or utilize that methodology.

BTW: You're right, DH was done wrong and you were one of the first to say so! Good call!

Exactly. With regard to DH, I definitely would not say he was lazy, just like I wouldn’t say RGME was lazy. I think both worked very hard on the physical fitness side of things. I don’t believe RGME worked hard where he was short. As for DH, all we can go by is what is reported. He apparently doesn’t study enough, does not comprehend what is studied properly, or it is all lies.

Everybody does learn differently and at different levels. We agree. We are not all equal in everything we do. Sometimes people fall short in key areas. Perhaps DH falls short in key areas for his development as a QB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. With regard to DH, I definitely would not say he was lazy, just like I wouldn’t say RGME was lazy. I think both worked very hard on the physical fitness side of things. I don’t believe RGME worked hard where he was short. As for DH, all we can go by is what is reported. He apparently doesn’t study enough, does not comprehend what is studied properly, or it is all lies.

Everybody does learn differently and at different levels. We agree. We are not all equal in everything we do. Sometimes people fall short in key areas. Perhaps DH falls short in key areas for his development as a QB.
GK for communication/ public relations director of the WFT! ( I certainly wish that the HC chose his words as wisely)

Last edited: