• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: lions vs WFT now or never

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said all along it was wrong dean , hardly Monday morning qb ing . You just looked at the small piece while I looked at the complete picture

And DH faced better teams as well

I mean you are looking at now. At the time DH was awful. RR saw the division was winnable b/c of the Dak injury so he made the switch. He wasn't going to wait for DH to develop on the field and off the field when the division was winnable. You cant fault a coach for doing that AT THAT TIME. Now in present day you cant fault RR for making that switch. It didnt work out but with the Eagles losing today we still have a shot at it. That is why he will still start Smith next week.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I would like to ask y'all. Did any of y'all notice the deep pass that Young got the penalty on only took 3 seconds? Not even Darrell Green could run 50 yards in 3 seconds.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I would like to ask y'all. Did any of y'all notice the deep pass that Young got the penalty on only took 3 seconds? Not even Darrell Green could run 50 yards in 3 seconds.
Yeah, not sure what you’re getting at though. The rook made a dumbass mistake

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank for Trevor.
LOL, yeah. I am like Cali. I want them to win every game they can. I was for tanking many years ago to get Heath Shuler. We know how that turned out. :L

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have taken a hard look Tua

I haven't ever believed in Haskins .... I hoped but he didn't show anything other than a big arm.

Yeah, there were a few good throws in some of the OSU highlight reels, but I can't say I ever believed in Haskins either. Not that it was his fault. Just a whole lotta shit went down that none of us could've predicted. That said. Tua looked solid once again today. Nothing spectacular, but I get the impression that as long as he stays injury free. He's gonna end up as the real deal. Whereas here we are as Skins fans once again lamenting another bullshit and wasted season. Watching as our new HC claimed to be chasing a fuckin pipedream called the NFC East Champions that wouldn't of meant shit anyway had we achieved it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? The guy who sabotaged that growth?
Yeah, the only real evidence I have of Haskins being an issue. Is the Darrell Green article where DG said Haskins had an issue with arrogance and overconfidence. That's not quite the same though as not taking the job serious.

I realize some football fans take whatever a HC or a certain sportswriter might say as gospel and there are certain HCs and sportswriters who may've earned that level of trust. None of them are coaching or writing in Washington far as I'm concerned. It would be nice if we actually got an honest accounting of what happened with Haskins......and I don't mean 2 years after the fact like what happened with the Shanny/Snyder/Nabby situation.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some young players make smart plays. We are not a smart football team Coaches and players. To lose like that after that comeback just shows how undisciplined this team is. RR should be going crazy.
From where I'm sitting. RR hasn't done much to change anything that's been going on at Redskins Park for quite some time now.

For all the coaching changes that have happened with this team. They have managed to stay amazingly consistent with terrible penalties, secondary breakdowns, terrible starts, speaking of which. This is WFT at halftime of all their games

Philly - down at halftime 17-7
Arizona - down at halftime 20-0
Cleveland - down at halftime 17-7
Baltimore - down at halftime 21-10
Los Angeles - down at halftime 20-7
NYG - down at halftime 13-10
Dallas - up at halftime 22-3
NYG - down at halftime 20-3
Detroit - down at halftime 17-3

The WFT is also the only team in the NFL this year w/o a single point scored on their opening drive.

RR does have a lot to be crazy about this year and he can look in the mirror for quite a few of those reasons.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From where I'm sitting. RR hasn't done much to change anything that's been going on at Redskins Park for quite some time now.

For all the coaching changes that have happened with this team. They have managed to stay amazingly consistent with terrible penalties, secondary breakdowns, terrible starts, speaking of which. This is WFT at halftime of all their games

Philly - down at halftime 17-7
Arizona - down at halftime 20-0
Cleveland - down at halftime 17-7
Baltimore - down at halftime 21-10
Los Angeles - down at halftime 20-7
NYG - down at halftime 13-10
Dallas - up at halftime 22-3
NYG - down at halftime 20-3
Detroit - down at halftime 17-3

The WFT is also the only team in the NFL this year w/o a single point scored on their opening drive.

RR does have a lot to be crazy about this year and he can look in the mirror for quite a few of those reasons.

I agree. Everything has been awful all around this organization this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you are looking at now. At the time DH was awful. RR saw the division was winnable b/c of the Dak injury so he made the switch. He wasn't going to wait for DH to develop on the field and off the field when the division was winnable. You cant fault a coach for doing that AT THAT TIME. Now in present day you cant fault RR for making that switch. It didnt work out but with the Eagles losing today we still have a shot at it. That is why he will still start Smith next week.
Yes I can ,he should have stuck with the guy
And see if he rose to the occasion in what our own coach said was a rebuild

By benching him you said you aren’t the guy . But that should have played out on the field and I said from day one that Allen wasn’t the guy and he wasn’t.

And of course I would start CDC . We need to know if he can hold up as a placeholder QB which he may have to be .

We will have to spend a high pick again for a qb ( which I wouldn’t do ) and will have to live with the typical rookie qb mistakes year one again until we give up on him too

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, let's be clear about what's going on here. Dwayne will get another shot to start for this team. Here's a list of the remaining schedule. Unless Smith is injured or plays so horribly bad that there's no choice, he'll get the next two. After that, (because the division dreams are lost) RR will want to "take another look at Dwayne because he's earned it and the organization wants to evaluate for the future."

Bengals 2-5-1 (Alex Smith starts)

@ Goat-ropers 2-7 (Alex Smith starts)

@ Steelers 8-0 (Dwayne Haskins starts)

@ 49ers 4-5 (Dwayne Haskins starts)

Seahawks 6-2 (Dwayne Haskins Starts)

Panthers 3-7

@ Eagles 2-5-1

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, let's be clear about what's going on here. Dwayne will get another shot to start for this team. Here's a list of the remaining schedule. Unless Smith is injured or plays so horribly bad that there's no choice, he'll get the next two. After that, (because the division dreams are lost) RR will want to "take another look at Dwayne because he's earned it and the organization wants to evaluate for the future."

Panthers 3-7

@ Eagles 2-5-1

Exactly. DH will get the Steelers, 49ers, and Seahawks because that is exactly the same thing as Bengals, Cowboys x 2, NYG x 2, and the Panthers (which may be too tempting to play DH because they are that much better than us).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Panthers 3-7

@ Eagles 2-5-1
seems like DH would start vs all the good teams and the rest of the qbs go against the cupcakes

fair or not the HC has said DH cant play in games that could get us in he playoffs(meaningful ones ) so in my world that means he isnt the guy

so now we wasted a top 15 pick and will have to waste a possible top 5-10 pick on a position that should have been solved already while LT , TE LG , WR (2) , safety (3) LB (2-3) get pushed further down the needs list

now people will point to the FA market and think we will have tons of cap space (one poster said we had the 6th most last season but what he didnt tell you is at the start of it we didnt have the 6th most , no where near it ) and with the virus and such revenues will be down so even if you have the most space , you wont get what you could have had under normal circumstances

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why people are so upset about a guy the owner wanted to draft. Funny how last time he did that it did not turn out well either. << turning on the Police .... Message in a Bottle>>

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I can ,he should have stuck with the guy
And see if he rose to the occasion in what our own coach said was a rebuild

By benching him you said you aren’t the guy . But that should have played out on the field and I said from day one that Allen wasn’t the guy and he wasn’t.

And of course I would start CDC . We need to know if he can hold up as a placeholder QB which he may have to be .

We will have to spend a high pick again for a qb ( which I wouldn’t do ) and will have to live with the typical rookie qb mistakes year one again until we give up on him too

Allen is not the guy b/c he got hurt? cmon. The DH benching was on an d off the field. In a normal year he would have stood with DH but with the division the way it is I can see what he made the move. RR wanted to win now. How can you fault him for this?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Panthers 3-7

@ Eagles 2-5-1

If Smith wins his next two and we are a half game out of first you think RR puts in DH? No way.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why people are so upset about a guy the owner wanted to draft. Funny how last time he did that it did not turn out well either. << turning on the Police .... Message in a Bottle>>
Exactly. Another reason why I don't buy in to the theory that RR had predetermined the fate of DH before he got here. I'm sure Dan made it clear to any HC candidate that he has a lot invested in DH (as much for his ego as anything else). For RR to go to Dan after 4 games and say "tough luck, the kid ain't gonna cut the mustard" and for Dan to give the nod, tells me that there is something going on between DH and the coach, but it most likely is that RR doesn't believe he has the talent to become a top tier QB. No one wants to consider that DH was just a bad pick. Why, I don't understand. As you point out, when has Dan ever made the right pick?