• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: lions vs WFT now or never

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is not the guy b/c he got hurt? cmon. The DH benching was on an d off the field. In a normal year he would have stood with DH but with the division the way it is I can see what he made the move. RR wanted to win now. How can you fault him for this?
allen is not the guy because he is 1-10 as a starter

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith wins his next two and we are a half game out of first you think RR puts in DH? No way.

Weren't they supposed to beat the Lions if Smith played average to well? This is a bad team Dean, it just is.

That said, if they win the next two, (love your optimism) but so what? Has there been a team in this division that's won two in a row? If they do it, wouldn't they also have to hope that no other team in the division does the same? Since we're speculating, isn't it also possible that they lose the next two, especially the one in Dallas? (I believe that Cincy beats them badly). Then what? I'm not denying either possibility but I considered one, you the other in our posts. At the moment neither perspective is out of the question.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why people are so upset about a guy the owner wanted to draft. Funny how last time he did that it did not turn out well either. << turning on the Police .... Message in a Bottle>>

Yep. Snyder has already ruined Haskins. Just like he ruined Griffin. There are only 2 types of players Snyder has been involved with. Those who are already ruined - Albert Haynesworth, Donavon McNabb, Jeremiah Trotter, Jeff George etc. Or players he will personally ruin. Griffin, LaVar, Haskins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't they supposed to beat the Lions if Smith played average to well? This is a bad team Dean, it just is.

That said, if they win the next two, (love your optimism) but so what? Has there been a team in this division that's won two in a row? If they do it, wouldn't they also have to hope that no other team in the division does the same? Since we're speculating, isn't it also possible that they lose the next two, especially the one in Dallas? (I believe that Cincy beats them badly). Then what? I'm not denying either possibility but I considered one, you the other in our posts. At the moment neither perspective is out of the question.

Im just saying that Smith starts this week.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Snyder has already ruined Haskins. Just like he ruined Griffin. There are only 2 types of players Snyder has been involved with. Those who are already ruined - Albert Haynesworth, Donavon McNabb, Jeremiah Trotter, Jeff George etc. Or players he will personally ruin. Griffin, LaVar, Haskins.

Snyder didn’t ruin RGME...he ruined himself.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder didn’t ruin RGME...he ruined himself.
I started to say that too but then remembered how Dan flew to the hospital to hang out with his bowling buddy and the Griffin's (parents included) along with Dan decided to make Robert a pocket passer. Dan did help ruin Griffin. He had to be Lamar before Lamar to succeed.

I am a big Penn State fan. Lavar was a free lancer in college and continued to be one in the NFL. If anyone besides Lavar ruined him it was Greg Williams. Lavar's knee did not last though so he retired.

Not sure what Snyder did to ruin Haskin's.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith wins his next two and we are a half game out of first you think RR puts in DH? No way.
You're not still holding out hope that the Skins end up on top of the NFC east are you? All that's gonna do is make it easier for the FO clowns to fuck off our 1st rd draft pk. .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not still holding out hope that the Skins end up on top of the NFC east are you? All that's gonna do is make it easier for the FO clowns to fuck off our 1st rd draft pk. .

Im just saying they are playing Smith b/c RR thinks we still have a shot. Sty thinks DH is going to play.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to say that too but then remembered how Dan flew to the hospital to hang out with his bowling buddy and the Griffin's (parents included) along with Dan decided to make Robert a pocket passer. Dan did help ruin Griffin. He had to be Lamar before Lamar to succeed.

I am a big Penn State fan. Lavar was a free lancer in college and continued to be one in the NFL. If anyone besides Lavar ruined him it was Greg Williams. Lavar's knee did not last though so he retired.

Not sure what Snyder did to ruin Haskin's.

RG3 was a huge asset expenditure. Dan went there to check on his investment. RGME decided he was a pocket passer.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say Snyder ruined Griffin. Somebody empowered him with enough confidence to walk into a meeting with Mike Shanahan and write down/bring in a list a of plays from Shanny's playbook that Griffin would no longer run. Bottom line though. Griffin turned out to be not so smart and injury prone as shit which is a terrible combination for a QB who relied on his legs/running the way Griffin did.

Far as LaVar yeah, he was a knucklehead before, as legend has it, during a meeting with Snyder ol' Dan told him if a play is called and he wanted to do something different, you do you, LaVar. What truly fucked LaVar though, at least imo, was either Joe G or Triple G. And after he injured his knee opening week against Chicago in 2004. With the Skins having a 4-9 record and no playoff hopes. LeVar was activated or reactivated and brought back in week 14 to play a meaningless game against Frisco where he promptly reinjured his knee again. There was no reason to bring him back at that time, none.

Far as Haskins goes. What Snyder did to him was he drafted him or made the Skins draft him, whatever. When that happened by the transformative properties of football Haskins was touched by Snyder and done for. IMO since he became owner there isn't a single decision that Snyder has made from a football player personnel standpoint that has ever worked out. Unless you wanna count allowing Bruce Smith to hang around long enough to break the sack record.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say Snyder ruined Griffin. Somebody empowered him with enough confidence to walk into a meeting with Mike Shanahan and write down/bring in a list a of plays from Shanny's playbook that Griffin would no longer run. Bottom line though. Griffin turned out to be not so smart and injury prone as shit which is a terrible combination for a QB who relied on his legs/running the way Griffin did.

Far as LaVar yeah, he was a knucklehead before, as legend has it, during a meeting with Snyder ol' Dan told him if a play is called and he wanted to do something different, you do you, LaVar. What truly fucked LaVar though, at least imo, was either Joe G or Triple G. And after he injured his knee opening week against Chicago in 2004. With the Skins having a 4-9 record and no playoff hopes. LeVar was activated or reactivated and brought back in week 14 to play a meaningless game against Frisco where he promptly reinjured his knee again. There was no reason to bring him back at that time, none.

Far as Haskins goes. What Snyder did to him was he drafted him or made the Skins draft him, whatever. When that happened by the transformative properties of football Haskins was touched by Snyder and done for. IMO since he became owner there isn't a single decision that Snyder has made from a football player personnel standpoint that has ever worked out. Unless you wanna count allowing Bruce Smith to hang around long enough to break the sack record.
I agree with all three points. It is hard to believe a man could own a football team and not know more than he does after 20 years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying they are playing Smith b/c RR thinks we still have a shot. Sty thinks DH is going to play.
He could play again but I doubt it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do yhink that he plays again, but Only to be set up to fail. Didn't you write that "IF they win the next two, no way?" Well right now the team is 3rd in the division with a record of 2-7. That's an average of 1 win in every 4.5 games and doesn't give confidence that there's anything close to winning two games in a row.

YOU posted, with the Kyle change that this was a move towards winning the division. Well, now we know for certain that, this team is no better positioned to do that after four games with Allen and now Smith. Sure the offense appears to be running more smoothly now, but who can say that Haskins wouldn't have produced equal function by playing the Detroit, Giants twice and the Goat-ropers? So, I ask you, do you still see this team winning the division? Again, I admire your optimism but I just don't see it.

In as much as Haskins goes, he has no trade value worth speaking of, and even if the intent is to get rid of him, playing him does one of two things... enhances his value or puts them exactly where they are with him now. It's a lot easier to justify moving on when a guy is given a fair shot and he "fails" than it is in merely moving on from him then realizing your shortcomings if/when that same guy goes elsewhere and becomes everything that you claimed that he couldn't be.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing @Dean Kyle Allen is 1-10 as a starter in this system, but you insist that he's ONLY played 3 gAmesbury here, Ok, I'll give you that distinction but why are you so hard on the youngster, who is with his 3rd HC in 1.5 years, second OC in that same period of time and by your reasoning has ONLY played 4 games here?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing @Dean Kyle Allen is 1-10 as a starter in this system, but you insist that he's ONLY played 3 gAmesbury here, Ok, I'll give you that distinction but why are you so hard on the youngster, who is with his 3rd HC in 1.5 years, second OC in that same period of time and by your reasoning has ONLY played 4 games here?
its all about disliking him, nothing more or the same "standards would apply

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and if healthy, he also starts against the Ropers as well. So far, since the move from rebuild to win the division commenced the team is 1-4. After these next two, the road gets tougher and you're hoping at that time they've both won and are still in the division race. On the other hand, I don't think that they will get past the 2-6-1 Bengals and I believe that Dallas plays better at home especially on Thanks-taking!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its all about disliking him, nothing more or the same "standards would apply
I'll admit, that I'm a big supporter of Haskins doing well, and as you state fair is fair and he hasn't gotten that yet. Regret is a difficult thing to have to deal with in life, and it is a disservice to this team, and fans/ followers/ supporters to not give him a fair shot to develop or fail as a pro. Perhaps he fails as so many now believe, but can you imagine what the posts are going to be like if board members, are looking back and saying, as they've done with coaches, "we had him here but..."