• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions vs. Eagles Gameday Live!

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team won today. Keep crying about the refs

For sure a better coached team. Much more focused and less mistake prone. You have to admit the Nick Fairley roughing the passer was beyond ridiculous though.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense quit in the second half. Tackling was horrible. They had nothing left. Of course it could be worse. We could be the Browns who had the game absolutely stolen by the refs literally. They basically just took the ball and put it on the 1 yard line twice and gave the Pays 2 TDs in the last 3 minutes.

Typical east coast bias. I don't think the refs were flat out horrible in this game. Other than the Nick Fairley penalty. The Suh penalty for defensive holding was a head scratcher too. But all in all, the 5 targets to Megatron was moronic. Dude should get 10-15 a game regardless of weather. The tackling on defense was flat out scary. A lot of that had to do with players slipping on the field.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not seem like Calvin was affected by the weather.. So a head scratcher indeed for his lack of targets..

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like every time someone wins the losing teams blame the refs. Celek went to his knees on an automatic TD keeping it from being (40/42 to 20). One team had one offensive TD, the other team would of had 5 if they need it. One team had 238 total yards one team had 309 just rushing and about twice as many yards in total. The late hit was absolute garbage. I dont remember the replay of the Suh hold but either way does that change the outcome?

I just dont know why CJ didnt get 3 times as many targets?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pathetic....

Lions are the only north team to not have QB issues this year and they are only 1/2 game up with the bears yet to play.....at least the last 3 are indoors right? But i see the pack coming back giving the lions a chance to clean house finally.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pathetic....

Lions are the only north team to not have QB issues this year and they are only 1/2 game up with the bears yet to play.....at least the last 3 are indoors right? But i see the pack coming back giving the lions a chance to clean house finally.

Oh I can definetly see it. This is the worst division in football and Lions can't even gain any ground with a healthy team.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pathetic....

Three out of the last four games Staff has been under 50%. That's an issue in my book.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three out of the last four games Staff has been under 50%. That's an issue in my book.

When they are not in a dome, they dont usually look good.....remember everyone thought that win in washington was great? But then we also lose at home to TB.

I dont know, it either falls on the coaching staff.....or the lions are really cursed....

Does anyone else wonder if you switched the whole patriot team with the lions except for coaches....would our coaches and the lion uniforms make brady and company look bad? And im talking about the good patriot teams.....would brady get the ball down 2 with 1 minute to go, and go 4 and out? Would we still find new ways to lose? I just cant understand how players come and go and its still the same old lions with no consistency even when they have talent like this year.....so frustrating....last thing i want to see is the bears and their arrogant fans make the playoffs, using their back up QB.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was not even as close as the score. Two special teams scores are unheard of.

The turnovers make the Lions a very average team at best. Bell this week, Bush the last couple, and Stafford the last 4-5 games with the timely turnover. It's killing this team.

The better team won refs sucked but not that they caused that type of point spread.

This team really needs a Bill Cower type to install some discipline IMO.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is just not ready yet. The discipline has gotten a little better, but still making mistakes at critical times. Turnovers have been the biggest issue. Cant continue to turn the ball over several times a game. We are also no longer creating any turnovers.

I think better coaching would help, but I dont thinkthat is the main problem. The main problem is we have superstars committing turnovers. Not sure how that gets fixed.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Stafford the last 4-5 games with the timely turnover.
I would put the last lost fumble on Raiola. He snapped it too early according to Stafford's reaction. However, he still should've fell on that ball. But I can also see him wanting to grab it and make a play. Those things happen in a split second so it's hard to judge on that.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think better coaching would help, but I dont thinkthat is the main problem. The main problem is we have superstars committing turnovers. Not sure how that gets fixed.
But don't you think that's an issue coaching takes care of? It can't be that all of our stars seem to have this issue can it?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad luck plays a factor in a lot of them but execution certainly comes down to the players. If the calls were risky trick plays you could put it on the staff but that's not the case. I have issues with this coaching staff but the turnovers can't be put on them. Yesterday's game shouldn't be put anywhere but inclement weather.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fumbling shouldn't need to be coached at the professional level anymore than a linemans three point stance IMO. Bell bounced around the league plenty before he stuck in Detroit. Ball control would seem like an obvious reason to me. Bush suffers from the same disease. He fumbled twice as much his second season as he has so far this year. Can't imagine how much Id hate him if he fumbled 8 times. Stafford can get somewhat of a pass on his 5 fumbles yesterday, due to conditions. Still wasn't acceptable, even if the excuse is somewhat valid. Not that it even matters. The defense lost this game, IMO. (Not that anyone but Ross did much to help the team be in a position to win.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me you're not judging Staffords accuracy in this game?

Im merely stating facts. 3 out of the last 4 he has been under 50%. Coincidently, the Lions have lost 3 out of the last four. I don't blame him for this loss. There were multiple factors at play. Several more detrimental than anything Staff did or didnt do. But had Detroit somehow won, I certainly wouldn't be giving him credit.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im merely stating facts. 3 out of the last 4 he has been under 50%. Coincidently, the Lions have lost 3 out of the last four. I don't blame him for this loss. There were multiple factors at play. Several more detrimental than anything Staff did or didnt do. But had Detroit somehow won, I certainly wouldn't be giving him credit.

I'd agree with all of that but I'd never use this game to judge his recent accuracy issues.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with all of that but I'd never use this game to judge his recent accuracy issues.

Me either. Im not judging. (I am disappointed though)That was no way to play football. Fair, but nothing that Im going to base any longstanding opinion off. Unless we're talking effort. In which case Id like to kick Houston in the pods for a lack of it.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to deny that those two terrible calls didn't have a factor in the outcome of the game, because it did.. But there were also many other chances the Lions had and they just kept hanging themselves.. No this game wasn't 100% on coaching but they still should be held accountable for the majority of the Lions mistakes...