• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions vs. Browns Live Game Day Thread

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you put the blame on Linehan. Stafford hit his WRs in the hands twice and both of them were dropped.

I don't think the Lions can win, no matter what they do, in the eyes of some fans. Against Arizona, everyone is up in arms when they play conservative and take the lead into the half. Fans are pissed off at Linehan.

Against Cleveland, they are trailing 7 and try to move the ball by throwing it, as that can't run for the life of them right now. Durham drops a 1st down right in his hands. Edwards drops a bomb that hits him right in the hands. It is once again, Linehan's fault.

I truly DO NOT like Linehan, but he can't go out there and catch the ball for the Lions.

Not just this game, but for several years now we've been down in the 2 minute drill with 2 or 3 timeouts and we go 3 and out with 3 passes of 15+ yards in a row. It's like he thinks we don't have time to use the regular offense all of a sudden...

The drops are clearly a player issue, and a big one at that. Our players need to wake the fuck up, but Linehan also hurts the defense when he calls a series like that one.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great blocking on that screen from Sims. Felt like forever since we'd scored today.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then suddenly he gets creative like that and we score on long plays. He seems to go vanilla whenever the game is on the line, rather than trying for the kill.

To be honest I hope they keep going after that Edwards connection deep down the sideline. If he can establish himself as a deep threat we'll be in much better shape. Right now Megatron is the only thing the saefties are worried about beating them over the top; if Edwards put the thought in their heads that should help open up everyone else a tiny bit more...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now that's more like it.....I predicted Bush would have two TDs on page one......That's one Reggie, I need one more, and Ansah still needs to create a turnover for my Prophecy to come full circle.:laugh3:

Call me Nastrodomuzz if it happens.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just this game, but for several years now we've been down in the 2 minute drill with 2 or 3 timeouts and we go 3 and out with 3 passes of 15+ yards in a row. It's like he thinks we don't have time to use the regular offense all of a sudden...

The drops are clearly a player issue, and a big one at that. Our players need to wake the fuck up, but Linehan also hurts the defense when he calls a series like that one.

If Durham catches the ball -- we have a first down. If Edwards catches the ball -- we are in field goal position already.

Am I wrong that people lost it when the Lions decided to play safe and go in with a 7 point lead against Arizona? They said Linehan doesn't know how to go for the jugular. Now he opens it up and the WRs drop the ball and people are calling Linehan out for being aggressive.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That series before the half was actually some good play calls but rhe guys couldn't catch.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You're not wrong. Linehan, always, no matter what. Unless we win, then he's just usually wrong.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Durham catches the ball -- we have a first down. If Edwards catches the ball -- we are in field goal position already.

Am I wrong that people lost it when the Lions decided to play safe and go in with a 7 point lead against Arizona? They said Linehan doesn't know how to go for the jugular. Now he opens it up and the WRs drop the ball and people are calling Linehan out for being aggressive.

You are correct. But I think the score of both games was different before the half......

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suh with neutral zone infraction. thats going to cost him. probably 2 game suspension.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and suh touched a QB. He's done for the year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to eat some SERIOUS crow regarding DeAndre Levy. He is playing like a monster this year.