• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions sign new CB

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 34 years old. Solid pick up Martin! I feel good about Saturday.

Every year mayhew signs washed up, aging cbs. I can only imagine how good the dline would be if the secondary could cover for more than two seconds. I dont want to hear about how "good" the pass defense was last year either. It was a lucky pass defense in that it played weak offenses. When they played a good offense lke philly they got slaughtered.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 11541
This is how i picture tpaul while he reads the lions message board...

from the neck up that looks exactly like him lol

Stafford has improved greatly. Good to know. He is on target with most of his throws and Caldwell said all his mechanics are much better.

High praise from the guy who coached Peyton Manning. The greatest QB in the history of the NFL.

Are you sure Caldwell isn't just "another coach running his mouth" old friend?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year mayhew signs washed up, aging cbs. I can only imagine how good the dline would be if the secondary could cover for more than two seconds. I dont want to hear about how "good" the pass defense was last year either. It was a lucky pass defense in that it played weak offenses. When they played a good offense lke philly they got slaughtered.

chimeracity.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Florence was ranked as the 19th best CB last year by PFF. That's higher than I would have expected for sure.

Me too. Maybe PFF is full of shit.

Lions released CB Drayton Florence.

Florence lasted 12 days on the roster. He had a strong season in Carolina, but surely benefited from the Panthers' dominant front-seven. Getting released from a Lions team desperate for cornerback help isn't good for the 33-year-old.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy Ebron has a Mohawk.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Florence was ranked as the 19th best CB last year by PFF. That's higher than I would have expected for sure.

Well i guess thats why LAST YEAR WAS LAST YEAR. Its this year and the guy couldnt even make a team that needs CB help.

"Florence is another upgrade this season,". ......funny shit there.....upgrade for what?

Well start looking on the waiver wire for released 35+ yr old CB's .....they will be a future lion and then tpaul will try and explain how its a great pickuo. Another UPGRADE....

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked terrible in preseason. I stated on another thread that he would probably be cut.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admit i really like van noy....think hes going to be a player. Just wish we had drafted dennard. Future wouldve looked bright on defense with ziggy van noy and dennard. Or even fuller. Oh well. Van noy is starting to be one of my favs on defense. Guess he can take the spot i used to have for willie young.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i guess thats why LAST YEAR WAS LAST YEAR. Its this year and the guy couldnt even make a team that needs CB help.

"Florence is another upgrade this season,". ......funny shit there.....upgrade for what?

Well start looking on the waiver wire for released 35+ yr old CB's .....they will be a future lion and then tpaul will try and explain how its a great pickuo. Another UPGRADE....

What a douche bag. Do you ever contribute anything productive? Try posting some shit once in a while that doesn't involve trolling me, hey? Your middle school girl routine gets old after a while.

Heaven forbid I discuss a guy we signed- what a homer! At least I can take solace in the fact that, no matter what happens here on the 'Hoop, you're still an idiot.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also like how you take a quote of mine out of context and post it as if it were a stand-alone comment. I'd explain to you what taking something out of context means, but that concept is a bit beyond the 6th grade level, so you'd be in way over your head.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a douche bag. Do you ever contribute anything productive? Try posting some shit once in a while that doesn't involve trolling me, hey? Your middle school girl routine gets old after a while.

Heaven forbid I discuss a guy we signed- what a homer! At least I can take solace in the fact that, no matter what happens here on the 'Hoop, you're still an idiot.

Oh boy here he goes. Face turning all red....smoke coming out the ears. And he calls me a douchebag AGAIN. no other words? But yet if i say something back, im the bad guy....but yet he can go name calling....i swear id bitchslap your funky lil ass. Im not an internet tough guy, but i didnt call u any names.

Lol@middleschool girl. Anytime buddy.....lame fucker!!!

Dont get mad at me because i got on the lions for signing an old bum...then u stuck up for him telling us how he was ranked the 19th best cb LAST YEAR..then they cut his ass a few weeks later..

Maybe id contribute something productive ONCE THE LIONS DO ON THE FIELD

Like i said youre all tough n shit on here. But id bet youre soft as charmin in real life.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like how you take a quote of mine out of context and post it as if it were a stand-alone comment. I'd explain to you what taking something out of context means, but that concept is a bit beyond the 6th grade level, so you'd be in way over your head.

Sort of like your 2nd grade burns, disses, cracks, etc etc.....

Out of context? I pasted what you said.....if he was an upgrade, why didnt the bottom CB get cut instead?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That's all I'm saying, so I don't see how that gets twisted into me saying we have an awesome secondary or something?! Our CBs suck as a unit. Mathis is decent, but old. Perfectly good right now, but we definitely need to add his replacement very soon. Florence is another upgrade this season, no, he won't help us in the future, but he also didn't cost a draft pick, so who cares? He was available and better than our current depth CBs.

Please don't twist that into "Florence and Mathis are Hall of Fame CBs.""

There i posted more...u said theyre not HOF BUT notice you said hes better than the current CB's. Well why didnt they get released? You said he was an upgrade THIS SEASON....THIS SEASON....DID YOU MEAN THIS PRESEASON?

Keep trying to act like you know something when you obviously dont. Too blinded by the homerism.....

And we all know whats coming in 3- 2 - 1..........

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admit i really like van noy....think hes going to be a player. Just wish we had drafted dennard. Future wouldve looked bright on defense with ziggy van noy and dennard. Or even fuller. Oh well. Van noy is starting to be one of my favs on defense. Guess he can take the spot i used to have for willie young.

Seemed like a productive post.....was talking how i love our 2nd round pick for once.....we ALL cant love EVERY move the lions make...

If we traded stafford for cutler i bet cutler would be the shit eh?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit acting like a little bitch and whining about name-calling. You've been popping in every couple weeks and talking shit at me out of the blue, so don't pretend to be the victim here. If you're going to act like a jackass, I'm going to treat you as such, simple as that.

No reason you get to just come out of nowhere and sling mud and then act like I'm the aggressor- anyone and everyone can see that you just popped in and started running your mouth, and now you're crying about the way I responded.

#butt-hurt

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i want to see is the youngsters, Slay, Green, Greenwood and Bentley get as much time on the field as possible this year and then some. Bentley is the only one who has had a decent amount of game experience, IMO. When are these kids going to get live meaningful game experience if we keep old vets around. Mathis was good for them last year as a mentor, so I have no problem with him being here again this year. They've got to get a minimum of 7-8 consecutive games played in order to learn how the position is played in the NFL and that's simply nothing more than an appetizer. Green got quite a bit of action due to injuries late 2012 (5-6 games) and quite a bit of snaps last year. Many CB's new to the league need consistent consecutive reps every game, even if only in nickel and dime, for 16-24 games before you know what you truly have. (outside of the obvious, dude just can't cut it in this league)..... JMO

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You act surprised to see a response when you post something like this after not getting a response from the picture you posted suggesting that's what he looks like. TPaul used to respond to every negative post with his "rainbow" outlook. I don't see him doing much of that anymore. You posted this trying to get a rise out of him and then act like the victim after he does offer a retort. You're just trolling now dawg.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to suggest the Lions take a look at Jamarcus Russell on the backup QB board. Maybe this isn't a good time.