• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions sign Golden Tate

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really, really glad that our defense isn't half as bad as you seem to think it is. The way you're carrying on about it you'd think our defense was one of the worst in the league last season, rather than a middle-of-the-pack unit like they were...

A middle of the pack defense who is without two of their starters (Delmas and Young, though Young could re-sign) and in need of upgrades at CB and OLB.

When you continue to spend money and top picks on offense and it isn't working, at what point do you say -- You know what, maybe we should try and upgrade our defense?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 year deal. Forget a WR at 10. There's our no.2
Best decision the Lions could have been made this offseason. Those of you who have been around know that i have been begging for Tate even before the season ended. With the exception of TE and some depth, the Lions are done on offense and can use the draft to concentrate on defense.

The pressure on Stafford to produce and CJ to stay healthy just increased tenfold.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you continue to spend money and top picks on offense and it isn't working, at what point do you say -- You know what, maybe we should try and upgrade our defense?

When you don't hire Jim Caldwell and swear to do everything possible to help your 40 million dollar face of the franchise QB.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure skew stats all you want. 25th most passing yards given up

A ND education isn't all that it's cracked up to be, now is it.

He is talking about overall defense determined by the most important statistic (ppg) and you are talking about one phase of a defense by a less important measurable. And he is skewing the stats?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guy's are gonna love him.. competitive attitude 100 percent… He's a very reliable dude… Came through allot for us in big moments… I compare him allot to Hines Ward because he's not a big tall guy but he's compact and tough as they come with good hands… Very crafty after the catch and the dude can block … You guy's just got a good player trust me… Been watching him for years…

I was a huge fan of him when he was beating up on Michigan at ND and love his attitude. Hopefully Harvin will stay healthy for you guys to take away the sting of losing him.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure skew stats all you want. 25th most passing yards given up

A ND education isn't all that it's cracked up to be, now is it.

I haven't skewed a damn thing. I gave you what the OTHER stats are. You simply used one aspect of our D.

As far as a education goes, I'd rather have one from ND than one from an alleged former Saginaw superintendent that got banished to Thailand. I bet they love your long winded googled posts over there huh?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you don't hire Jim Caldwell and swear to do everything possible to help your 40 million dollar face of the franchise QB.

Swarm, you should probably merge my initial Tate thread with this one.

And delete black magic's

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a huge fan of him when he was beating up on Michigan at ND and love his attitude. Hopefully Harvin will stay healthy for you guys to take away the sting of losing him.

Yeah Harvin will be our slot guy... Hopefully he can stay healthy because Obviously he's one of a kind when he's out there... Pete is gonna grab some receivers no doubt... I think Tate's price tag for us right now was just to much for the cap with big contracts around the corner for Russ, Sherman and Thomas.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- Maybe Detroit can sign another WR, TE and Fullback. Then they can trade up for to take Sammy Watkins.

I had high hopes for the Lions this offseason. They just continue to make the same moves over and over.

Draft a RB in the 1st round -- he is out of the NFL.
Trade up to draft a RB in the 2nd round -- He is a healthy scratch.

Let's use our cap space to sign Reggie Bush.

Draft a WR in the 2nd round -- out of the NFL
Draft a WR in the 2nd round -- he is on his 3 major surgery in 3 years
Draft a WR in the 3rd round -- out of the NFL

Let's spend our cap space to rectify the picks we've wasted.

Can we PLEASE start doing something for the defense? We don't have to win games 38-30. I love you Detroit Lions, but you are absolutely frustrating sometimes.

While I can agree with this post. You do also realize a #2 WR was a glaring need!!! CJ out meant no offense whatsoever! Does it solidfy the WR spot? NO, it does mean they should go defense first two picks and look for a slot WR in the 3rd. Still wishing for a trade down and get a extra 2nd or 3rd rd. pick. I was all Sammy 1st pick. Now I am Dix or Pryor, followed by Van Noy in 2nd. SHazier will not be there.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a punk bitch but he's a huge upgrade to the WR corps and a good signing overall..

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying it like it is... Lol perky?

Bears fan. Do you expect to like it or down play it??

Tate has skills. Does it mean we move ahead of best duo WR in league? Not sure, but I will take CJ coupled a true#2 over Marshall and Alshon anyday. Tate for sure gives us a #2. Best drop rate %since 2011. Yea I will take that!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although the contract was too high..

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can agree with this post. You do also realize a #2 WR was a glaring need!!! CJ out meant no offense whatsoever! Does it solidfy the WR spot? NO, it does mean they should go defense first two picks and look for a slot WR in the 3rd. Still wishing for a trade down and get a extra 2nd or 3rd rd. pick. I was all Sammy 1st pick. Now I am Dix or Pryor, followed by Van Noy in 2nd. SHazier will not be there.

this :10:

if that trade down did occur, picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd, Shazier would have value trading up to get, IMO, possibly using that 3rd.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't skewed a damn thing. I gave you what the OTHER stats are. You simply used one aspect of our D.

As far as a education goes, I'd rather have one from ND than one from an alleged former Saginaw superintendent that got banished to Thailand. I bet they love your long winded googled posts over there huh?

Wrong Guy... micro

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong Guy... micro

Still didn't skew any stats. You just failed to put up the entire defense. Did u think we don't have google?

Our D was middle of the road, plain and simple. It kept us in some games and lost others. It needs help, but out WR situation was fucking bleak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no- you made the post about skewing the stats. I saw it.

I'm guessing he meant the 2nd part. I feel I'm spot on. But I digress, I stand by my middle of the road stance.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, get Steve Smith for the slot too.