• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter DB Stanford

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB STanford!!!!!!!!! Again Detroit drafting Character..........Dumbass pot heads don't to go to Stanford........Someone is running the show and it Ain't Mayhew.......Would love to know who is pulling the strings on this draft.........I'm loving it!!!!!!!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be able to sleep all summer knowing we don't have dipshits just drafted on the roster..........This isn't Mayhew doing this.......This is totally not how he does business.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that pick. Can't go wrong with rolling the dice on a big corner, imo. Sounds like a good, balanced, all-around CB or even possibly a safety.

Not thrilled about Abdullah because of the fumbles, but if he corrects that he's a very explosive back.

Definitely appear to be filling needs and targeting character...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a Caldwell draft. All high Character picks. Carter is physical and can play press. Saw anywhere from late 2nd to early 4th round grades on him. Many experts think he is under-rated.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the trade up but Carter seems solid. Good size 6'0...4.5 forty...jumps through the roof at 40" vert. Started all 3 years at Stanford which is impressive. Ok Im in. I liked Bennett though...didn't like Carl Davis for the record...bad attitude and lazy.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that pick. Can't go wrong with rolling the dice on a big corner, imo. Sounds like a good, balanced, all-around CB or even possibly a safety.

Not thrilled about Abdullah because of the fumbles, but if he corrects that he's a very explosive back.

Definitely appear to be filling needs and targeting character...
Yup I agree...no BPA this year! Just filling holes...its about damn time.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a Caldwell draft. All high Character picks. Carter is physical and can play press. Saw anywhere from late 2nd to early 4th round grades on him. Many experts think he is under-rated.
I agree, seems like they are trying to build a smart football team with high character. I like it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 1st pick and like they drafted a CB in the 3rd.

Not sold on Abdullah. Thought there were better RB's to be had. Not a bad draft though. High character.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter was another guy the Lions brought in for a visit. It would be huge if he ends up being good.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 1st pick and like they drafted a CB in the 3rd.

Not sold on Abdullah. Thought there were better RB's to be had. Not a bad draft though. High character.

Saw some clips of Abdullah catching the ball and saw some games and he's really good with routes down field and catches the ball very clean.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some clips of Abdullah catching the ball and saw some games and he's really good with routes down field and catches the ball very clean.

Catching the ball is the part of Abdullah's game that I like. We already have Riddick though, who I thought they were high on catching the ball out of the backfield.

If running the ball between the tackles is something the Lions want to do -- I'm not sure Abdullah is the guy. He struggles holding onto the ball and he is pretty much maxed out for his size. So it isn't as if he could bulk up.

He fits the high character theme. I just see him as kind of theo riddick type, used to catch balls on 3rd down and to relieve Bell. He isn't a guy you are going to give the ball to 20-25 times a game and grind out the clock.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching the ball is the part of Abdullah's game that I like. We already have Riddick though, who I thought they were high on catching the ball out of the backfield.

If running the ball between the tackles is something the Lions want to do -- I'm not sure Abdullah is the guy. He struggles holding onto the ball and he is pretty much maxed out for his size. So it isn't as if he could bulk up.

He fits the high character theme. I just see him as kind of theo riddick type, used to catch balls on 3rd down and to relieve Bell. He isn't a guy you are going to give the ball to 20-25 times a game and grind out the clock.

I thought he runs well between the tackles and is explosive. I like Riddick but they do have different run styles. Abdullah is much harder to tackle in the open field.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is a big physical corner that likes to hit. He will get in pursuit and be a strong run supporter. But he lacks athleticism and speed to work the slot. The slot is where the secondary really was lacking last year.

Carter reminds me of Spivey and like Spivey he seems more suited to safety than CB. Watched the ASU game and he was unremarkable. Maybe he showed enough to be coached up but I think he will be a special teams guy and depth in the defensive backfield.

The best thing he does have going for him is size and his willingness to get involved in hitting/run support.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he runs well between the tackles and is explosive. I like Riddick but they do have different run styles. Abdullah is much harder to tackle in the open field.

He doesn't dance around and has great hands, but I can't call someone who ran a 4.6 explosive. I think he will be a solid player, but if the Lions were looking for a homerun threat, IMO, they should have went with Duke Johnson or Tevin Coleman.

You can't go wrong with his character or his hands though. I read he hasn't dropped a pass in 2 years. I guess it all depends how the Lions are going to use them.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer Fucking Abdullah...... What. The. Fuck.

Why were hell bent on turnovers I'll never know.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't dance around and has great hands, but I can't call someone who ran a 4.6 explosive. I think he will be a solid player, but if the Lions were looking for a homerun threat, IMO, they should have went with Duke Johnson or Tevin Coleman.

You can't go wrong with his character or his hands though. I read he hasn't dropped a pass in 2 years. I guess it all depends how the Lions are going to use them.
Hands!?! Are you shitting me?

Dude is addicted to fumbling.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer Fucking Abdullah...... What. The. Fuck.

Why were hell bent on turnovers I'll never know.

LMAO, I was waiting for your smitty to come out about that pick........I''ll give him the benefit of the doubt until he turns into Ryan Raburn....

I think I heard a stat or a comment that he hasn't turned it over while recieving the ball in two years.....That has to make you a little less pissed.....

To me, he's a scat back type while I keep hearing some talk about inside the tackles runner....(he's to tiny for my liking) but i think he was drafted to play a Reggie Bush role on the out side and Bell still up the middle.