• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions get the 16th pick

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering if we trade up to number 1. BQ did say that he considers Shwartz a G so that still leaves us thin at Tackle. Maybe we trade up for number 1 and Tunsil and move Reiff to RT. Titans keeps saying many teams are offering.

Still, I don't think it is BQs style, but it is still a possibility for now.

Hoping Conklin and Decker there or only one left and Colts jump up two spots with all the talk of us taking a tackle. Only two spots, but can fetch a 3rd or multi pic deal. Then... I will stop, don't need Blue getting all happy with trade down scenarios.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be pissed at all if they snatched up Stanley at #16

I think he'll be similar to how Backus was as a LT he has good technique pass blocking, average athleticism , no mean streak, and poor run blocking technique/power. That said i'd be happy getting a guy like that at pick 16 plug him in at LT and move Reiff over to his more natural RT position.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just thinking i like Joe Haeg a lot in the 2nd its a little earlier than he's being projected, but i doubt he lasts until or 3rd rounder. Decent physical tools and solid technique could be a good LT or RT for us if we go defense in the first only real knocks on him is he played at an FCS school so he hasn't been tested against speed and is his power is a little lacking. Hell i'd be happy if we took him even if we wen't Stanley(or Spriggs) in the first it would be nice to have some depth on the oline for once.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that Indiana T Jason Spriggs's stock is on the rise and "several personnel people [now] believe he’s a lock to be selected in the bottom third of round one."

The analyst continued with this humdinger: "Many around the league believe Spriggs is the best pure left tackle in the draft not named Laremy Tunsil." That's probably because Ronnie Stanley of Notre Dame is not considered by many of Pauline's sources to project neatly to left tackle in the pros. Spriggs has tremendous athleticism, flooring scouts with his showings at both the Combine and his Pro Day. "Scouts agree Spriggs does not have the natural bulk or power compared to the top tackles in the draft and that affects his run blocking," Pauline wrote. "However, most scouts believe this is easily correctable and will come as he physically matures and works in the environment of an NFL weight training program.""- Rotoworld

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that Indiana T Jason Spriggs's stock is on the rise and "several personnel people [now] believe he’s a lock to be selected in the bottom third of round one."

The analyst continued with this humdinger: "Many around the league believe Spriggs is the best pure left tackle in the draft not named Laremy Tunsil." That's probably because Ronnie Stanley of Notre Dame is not considered by many of Pauline's sources to project neatly to left tackle in the pros. Spriggs has tremendous athleticism, flooring scouts with his showings at both the Combine and his Pro Day. "Scouts agree Spriggs does not have the natural bulk or power compared to the top tackles in the draft and that affects his run blocking," Pauline wrote. "However, most scouts believe this is easily correctable and will come as he physically matures and works in the environment of an NFL weight training program.""- Rotoworld

I think if we can trade back a couple spots and still get Spriggs that would best case scenario and more BQs style. A lot of this may depend on whether D Levy is truly on track to return. If not we may go LB in round 1.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be similar to how Backus was as a LT he has good technique pass blocking, average athleticism , no mean streak, and poor run blocking technique/power. That said i'd be happy getting a guy like that at pick 16 plug him in at LT and move Reiff over to his more natural RT position.

I'd be fine with that. Stanley can protect Matt in pass pro and Reiff could possibly create a power running game on the right with Schwartz or Warford. This new TE Mulligan is nothing but a blocker.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you seen anything on Ridley's contract? OTC still has him as a Jet oddly enough in a player search. All the other Lion FA signings are there.

You're the new resident capoligist, so show me your skills.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Laremy Tunsil drops to #16 to solve the Lions woes...

I just need to find a way to devalue his draft position.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am on the fence with him. He is one of those spread guys so it is a bit risky despite him being the consensus best lineman in the draft.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm happy to take him if he's there.

Would rather see Quinn go defense, early and often in this draft. The best coach on the staff is Austin, might as well give him weapons to work with.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 days. 17 fucking days.

That was plenty of time for Mayhew to fuck something up. I don't have that feeling of dread this time.

You watch. I'll be out of weed for the draft. I need to smoke this up and get more before the draft.

My path is chosen.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 days. 17 fucking days.

That was plenty of time for Mayhew to fuck something up. I don't have that feeling of dread this time.

You watch. I'll be out of weed for the draft. I need to smoke this up and get more before the draft.

My path is chosen.

Draft is way too far back now. this 2 month dead time is lame.