• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions game

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His blocking.

I see people say this, and mean it. Sure TWill is a good blocker as far as WRs are concerned, but that's not his primary responsibility.

TWill is a substandard #2, and I really wonder if he would even fit as a #3 anymore. The guy is just not a good WR. And while a potential replacement might not be able to block as well, I think it would not be a stretch to say we could get another guy in here to perform the primary function of a WR better than Williams -- for example, Brice Butler perhaps.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty nervous.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not agree with this. Just two years ago people were saying Gurley might be a flop. And no one thought the guy was worth a damn in the passing game under Jeff Fisher. Amazing what a change in scheme can do for a player.

Zeke for his career is averaging 103 yards per game on 4.7 yards per carry. In Gurley's best year, last year, he only averaged 87 yards per game on 4.7 per carry. For Gurley's career he is averaging 75 yards per and 4.2 per carry.

Gurley is a great player, but he is also the flavor of the month among RBs right now. Yes, his numbers in the passing game look very good right now, and over the last season plus, but again, I think it has a lot more to do with scheme than ability. Also doesn't hurt that Goff is a MUCH, MUCH better passer than Dak.

I would take Zeke over Gurley 10/10 and not even think twice.

JMO

I have both in Fantasy (keeper league) and have since both were rookies. Gurley is definitely more valuable.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have both in Fantasy (keeper league) and have since both were rookies. Gurley is definitely more valuable.

I'm talking about real football. Bet you play PPR, too.

But to humor you, Gurley was only more valuable last year -- and Elliott missed 6 games. What about the year before? Still a loonngg way to go this year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about real football. Bet you play PPR, too.

Standard. Don't get me wrong I'm not trading or benching either. But as far as FF goes Gurley has been a godsend.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see people say this, and mean it. Sure TWill is a good blocker as far as WRs are concerned, but that's not his primary responsibility.

TWill is a substandard #2, and I really wonder if he would even fit as a #3 anymore. The guy is just not a good WR. And while a potential replacement might not be able to block as well, I think it would not be a stretch to say we could get another guy in here to perform the primary function of a WR better than Williams -- for example, Brice Butler perhaps.

I think you are right that he could be replaced but he is a good blocker which should help the run game.

I am not in anyway advocating keeping the guy around, because as you say he ain't much more than a #3 right now. 18 yards in 3 games make you very dispensable if you are a WR. Seems like other than Cole, no one is much of anything in the passing game and so far he is averaging 4 catches a game.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right that he could be replaced but he is a good blocker which should help the run game.

I am not in anyway advocating keeping the guy around, because as you say he ain't much more than a #3 right now. 18 yards in 3 games make you very dispensable if you are a WR. Seems like other than Cole, no one is much of anything in the passing game and so far he is averaging 4 catches a game.

As far as Williams goes, yes any replacement will likely be a downgrade in the blocking department, which could be detrimental to the running game. On the flip side of that, a more competent WR on the outside that actually presents a threat downfield opposing defenses have to account for could help the running game too by backing defenses off a little bit.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Williams goes, yes any replacement will likely be a downgrade in the blocking department, which could be detrimental to the running game. On the flip side of that, a more competent WR on the outside that actually presents a threat downfield opposing defenses have to account for could help the running game too by backing defenses off a little bit.

True dat

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy and real football are worlds apart. Aikman was one of the worst fantasy QBs around. IMO Zeke is a better football player than Gurley. How many points do you get for every time Zeke pass protects? Right now Gurley is a better receiver. We keep hearing we are going to use Zeke more in that way but until it happens we can't assume he is as good as Gurley in that aspect.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When we had a more explosive offense and he was a little younger and better we could get away with having T Will as a blocker on early downs and he served a purpose for this team. Due to talent and scheme that no longer is the case. I don't even think he is a #3 at this point. He is only here this year because of his contract IMO. unless we cut one of the QBs, I wouldn't be surprised if we bite the bullet when Irving is back and cut T Will

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going on their receiving ability.
I do not agree with this. Just two years ago people were saying Gurley might be a flop. And no one thought the guy was worth a damn in the passing game under Jeff Fisher. Amazing what a change in scheme can do for a player.

Zeke for his career is averaging 103 yards per game on 4.7 yards per carry. In Gurley's best year, last year, he only averaged 87 yards per game on 4.7 per carry. For Gurley's career he is averaging 75 yards per and 4.2 per carry.

Gurley is a great player, but he is also the flavor of the month among RBs right now. Yes, his numbers in the passing game look very good right now, and over the last season plus, but again, I think it has a lot more to do with scheme than ability. Also doesn't hurt that Goff is a MUCH, MUCH better passer than Dak.

I would take Zeke over Gurley 10/10 and not even think twice.

JMO

I got you. I probably shouldn’t have said that. Both are really good. I was just thinking about Gurleys receiving. I’ve seen Zeke catch an 80 yard pass. It was a screen though. I do think he can be a good receiver. Different offenses, different lines. I would take Zeke because Gurley has had a bad knee injury already.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? had not heard this.

Maybe complain was the wrong word for Beasley. Hurns came out and said he wants the ball more. Beasley more or less stated a fact than complained I guess. He said the WRs were open and have been.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Jerry is drinking again. This is what he said: Despite the slow start to the season, owner and general manager Jerry Jones believes the Cowboys' offense can be like the Rams' offense. "When I look at what we might be able to do and I put my finger on personnel and then move up with what I know we want to do with our personnel,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas Friday, “I don't think it's a reach to think maybe we could approach that kind of productivity."
Jerruh would be right as long as he is talking about the 2009 rams

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason Butler and dak were on the same page. So it would be wise to give Butler plenty of snaps going forward. Teams will stack the box and will keep defenders in the check down area dak throws to. Passes need to be thrown deeper down the field

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the simple things this team never does. Putting guys in motion can cause confusion and help to get guys open. One of the main reasons to put a guy in motion is to help the QB figure out what defense the opponent is in. I've been harping on this for years. WTF.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the team listens to the criticism of the Offense because it is pretty consistent from fans, media and even our own players and coaches seem to know what we need to do. Our entire offense is built around running the ball and PAP. Dak has proven to be able to pick up big first downs with his legs and If we just do a little more of what we did after we fell behind and open things up it was clear it was better for both running game and passing game and for God's sake throw downfield a little. Dak is clearly more comfortable with his drops, reading the defense and locating the open guy in the shot gun than when he has to turn his back to the defense and then pick everything up again. So just Let him do it.

I expect a good showing today from both the Offense and the defense. I think the Offense gets it going and while this is the type of Offense that our D struggled to contain in the past I think we have changed and should be able to contain their weapons. I also think we get our first interception (or two) today.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I disagree with that I heard from the team this week: I don't understand why an Offense that is trying to find out who it's best receiving weapons are is going to stop rotating all of our guys in. I'm glad to see T Will out of the rotation, but I think we need to play Gallup to continue his growth and because he has proven to be able to make big plays. Obviously Beasley plays a lot and Austin too. Hurns is a bigger body that can get open for 3rd downs on the slants we like to run and Thompson gives us a deep threat but also seems to be making big plays in the no huddle. Lastly Butler seems to be active to play, not to watch. So I don't get the talk about just going with 3 or 4 guys. I'm fine with rotating them less, but until we know who our best guys are it's hard to think this is the way to go.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I disagree with that I heard from the team this week: I don't understand why an Offense that is trying to find out who it's best receiving weapons are is going to stop rotating all of our guys in. I'm glad to see T Will out of the rotation, but I think we need to play Gallup to continue his growth and because he has proven to be able to make big plays. Obviously Beasley plays a lot and Austin too. Hurns is a bigger body that can get open for 3rd downs on the slants we like to run and Thompson gives us a deep threat but also seems to be making big plays in the no huddle. Lastly Butler seems to be active to play, not to watch. So I don't get the talk about just going with 3 or 4 guys. I'm fine with rotating them less, but until we know who our best guys are it's hard to think this is the way to go.

“ Sling it around” - that’s what I’m hung up on right now. I don’t think it means throw it 40 times. He could have meant changing it up some with the rotations, but like you said who comes out. All have seemed to have a role. I’m hoping to see some screens to Tavon personally. Get him in some space and see how it goes.

The tap pass - I have always wondered why this is used. I use to think it was so Geno Smith could boost up stats for the Heismann race back when was in college. I saw it yesterday in college and the WR fumbled the tap. Of course the defense dove on it and thought they had a turnover. Incomplete pass , much like the shuttle pass. I get it - still a little odd but it does take away a bad hand off exchange