• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS FIRE SCHWARTZ OFFICIALLY

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point while mayhew has whiffed quite a bit, he has also brought in quite a surplus of talent. He deserves another draft to see if last years success can be duplicated. The thing that should concern fans is that it took the lions org this long to can schwartz. It exemplifies exactly whats wrong with the lions as a whole.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how an O-line who can't get 3rd and 1 without going into shotgun is the best if the NFL but if you guys say so.

I don't think they're awful or anything but this elite best in the NFL stuff is coming out of left field. This time last year Reiff couldn't play LT in the NFL and the Lions were passing on Ansah, moving Reiff to RT, and taking an O lineman in the top 5. This year they're the best fucking O-line in the league. God damn I love you crazy bastards.

:suds:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So mind numbing listening to vapid caller after vapid caller on 97.1 bitch about Stafford not being Brady or Brees. I wonder if every city has these kind of fans. They probably do.

There are several on here.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know who said the lions oline was the best, anyhow they are good though. Not the best, but definitely not the problem.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strongly disagree on this one, and I'd suspect I'm not alone. Our o-line got a lot of recognition this year and all the numbers are there to support us having one of the best few o-lines in the league. This one is much more fact than opinion.

Megatron, as much as I love him, was not the best WR in the NFL this year. Top 5 still, imo, but not the single best this year on the whole.

And our RBs were indeed the first combo to both have 500 yards rushing and receiving in the same season.

I realize you're probably just in a bad mood like the rest of us, but I stand by my statement about our o-line being possible the best in the NFL this season. Our season was a bust, but don't sell us short where praise is actually do...

I gave the Lions props -- they were vastly improved from years past and have a chance to improve, as the unit is very young, outside of Ravioli. When the team, as a whole ranked 22nd in YPC on the ground. I have a hard time saying they were the best.

While they only gave up 23 sacks on the year -- a lot of that has to do with Stafford getting rid of the ball and that coupled with the drops is why only 3 QBs in the NFL had a worse completion % than Stafford and started 16 games (Kaepernick, Manning and Geno Smith).

If Detroit had the best OL in the NFL -- they wouldn't be throwing the ball OVER AND OVER on 3rd and short. As I said -- I think they were vastly improved over years past and were one of the highlights of the season for the team, but I couldn't say they were the best or even top 5 in the NFL. I wouldn't have a problem saying top 10 though with a chance to be even better next year with a year of experience under their belt.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know who said the lions oline was the best, anyhow they are good though. Not the best, but definitely not the problem.

I agree with this 100%

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WeMustOverreact.jpg

Kind of similar to how many fans are overreacting extremely to stafford. The lions were not going anywhere this season and I personally look at it as a good year for staff development wise.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've got five offensive lines that performed better than Detroit's I'd like to know who they are, please.

5 offensive lines I believe were better than Detroit's -- San Francisco, Seattle, Philadelphia, Denver and New Orleans.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on some of the player comments after Schwartz spoke to them about being fired maybe the lack of discipline wasnt the coaches fault. It sounds like many of them are just plain stupid. Anyone expressing "surprise" over this has got to be a complete idiot.

Its because none of them know what discipline actually entails as they had schwartz as their coach and he didnt do it. Duh, whats discipline.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing this is a message board.

Otherwise, this would sound like a hen party.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Detroit had the best OL in the NFL -- they wouldn't be throwing the ball OVER AND OVER on 3rd and short
Weve all bagged on Linehan/Schwartz for their play calling all year but now it's the bad O-line as the reason why we pass on 3rd and short? I don't buy it. They tried getting cute too often IMO.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weve all bagged on Linehan/Schwartz for their play calling all year but now it's the bad O-line as the reason why we pass on 3rd and short? I don't buy it. They tried getting cute too often IMO.

:agree: How many times did Bush and Bell get the first 8 or 9 yds. then pass on 3rd and short? Too many times. Bad playcalling is IMO also.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was meant to be over reactionary as I was mocking the notion that the Lions O-line who just surrendered 5 sacks to a team who will be picking ahead of us in the top 10 next April is somehow the top unit in the NFL.

Reiff and Warford are keepers. Don't be shocked if the new staff looks to upgrade the other 3 spots sooner than later. Be great if Waddle pans out. Why does everything have to be "biggest need!!!" for it to be addressed? Dramatic.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because it can't possibly be both? Had no idea Ravioli was this elite road grader. This coming from the same crew of Lions fans who told me Reiff couldn't play LT in the NFL this time last year. You guys are crazy do you know that?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it can't possibly be both? Had no idea Ravioli was this elite road grader. This coming from the same crew of Lions fans who told me Reiff couldn't play LT in the NFL this time last year. You guys are crazy do you know that?

I never said Reiff couldn't play LT. Don't pin that on me. Look elsewhere brah. And I never said Raiola was "elite". I said this o-line was one of the tops, not THE top. Why must everything be so dramatic about this topic? I think only a couple people called them the top unit. Address them maybe?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't reply to everyone one at a time I'm not TPaul. I'm swinging at everyone at once right now. Brawl.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on?

What is the "Lions are the best O-line in the NFL" talk based on? Did you see Stafford get clobbered 5 times yesterday?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I especially liked when this week Schwartz let Stafford drop back with only a few seconds left before halftime like the fans wanted last week, and Stafford got drilled into the ground like they were looking for oil.

Just glad he didn't get hurt vs. the Vikes after that ass kicking he took.