• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions currently sowed up the 8th overall pick

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE is one of the cheapest positions to sign. Hell — Travis Kelce makes the same amount per year as the nickel CB we just signed.

TE that can block well and be a redzone threat are pretty rare and TJ was getting mocked to the Bills at 9 quite a bit. If he's the guy staying put was the right move(Although i wanted Oliver more). Stafford still has no touch on his throws and needs all the hands guys he can get. Being cheap to re-sign when the time comes is a plus for drafting a TE not a knock.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE that can block well and be a redzone threat are pretty rare and TJ was getting mocked to the Bills at 9 quite a bit. If he's the guy staying put was the right move(Although i wanted Oliver more). Stafford still has no touch on his throws and needs all the hands guys he can get. Being cheap to re-sign when the time comes is a plus for drafting a TE not a knock.

Are you serious with the ‘cheap to re-sign’ being a plus? The ONLY guarantee a team has for any player is his rookie deal.

It is quite simple why next to no teams waste a first round pick on a TE. There is zero value in doing so. You are guaranteed nothing for the next contract unless you want to tag them. So being ‘cheap to re-sign’ is ridiculous. Only guarantee would be if we tag him.

We signed the best two way TE on the market this offseason for basically the same contract we are paying T.J.
Yet to sign a guy to be our 3rd CB, We spent 9 million a year.

St Louis had Aaron Donald for what 4 years 12 million on his first deal with a team option for a 5th year? OBJ had a what, 4 year 10 million dollar deal? Martin had a 4 year 9 million dollar deal? (I used these three, because of the Ebron pick and these three being needs for Detroit at the time, who we passed on to take a TE)

Donald signed for what 120 million in his next deal. OBJ for 95 million. Martin for 84 million.

Even if TJ was the consensus number 1 TE and is the most dominating TE in the history of the NFL on his rookie deal — his value based on salary cap wouldn’t come close to the premier positions in the NFL.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a picture of an actual OSU fan, Mr Big Nut. Don’t kill me on the name, that’s what google said.

If someone is a grown adult and dresses up like that before a sporting event. They are either completely insane or the biggest cuckold ever.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different everybody and same Dumb results... TE 8th overall. Should have just taken a longsnapper to help the fucking punt game.
Hockenson was rated the best TE in the draft but Detroit has bigger needs than at TE.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know? An OSU fan gave it to me when I lost an Avy bet on the UM/OSU game two years ago. I think it is an OSU fan and they added the text to it?!?
You sure that aint john wayne gacy? I heard he was a a buckeye fan... like most every other clown on earth...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone is a grown adult and dresses up like that before a sporting event. They are either completely insane or the biggest cuckold ever.
I think the dude who dies his mustache Red is worse that Mr Big Nut
9079245-large.jpg

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the dude who dies his mustache Red is worse that Mr Big Nut
9079245-large.jpg

Both taking pictures with their mouth's open.
A sure sign of high soy in the bloodstream.
I will guess they are cucks instead of being insane.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if the Lions didnt screw up their first 2 picks. Our draft could have looked like this. This would have been awesome. I would have replaced Fulgham and Nauta with the 2 OL we got in UDFA (Badger Ben and Pope) but the result would still be the same after UDFA.

1 8 DET Devin Bush LB Michigan
2 43 DET Irv Smith TE Alabama
3 81 DETfrom MIN Will Harris S Boston College
4 117 DETfrom ATL Austin Bryant DE
5 146 DET Amani Oruwariye CB
6 184 DET Travis Fulgham WR Old Dominion
6 186 DETfrom ATL Ty Johnson RB Maryland
7 224 DET Isaac Nauta TE Georgia
7 229 DETfrom MIA P.J. Johnson DT Arizona

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if the Lions didnt screw up their first 2 picks. Our draft could have looked like this. This would have been awesome. I would have replaced Fulgham and Nauta with the 2 OL we got in UDFA (Badger Ben and Pope) but the result would still be the same after UDFA.

1 8 DET Devin Bush LB Michigan
2 43 DET Irv Smith TE Alabama
3 81 DETfrom MIN Will Harris S Boston College
4 117 DETfrom ATL Austin Bryant DE
5 146 DET Amani Oruwariye CB
6 184 DET Travis Fulgham WR Old Dominion
6 186 DETfrom ATL Ty Johnson RB Maryland
7 224 DET Isaac Nauta TE Georgia
7 229 DETfrom MIA P.J. Johnson DT Arizona

Yeah but TJ only dropped 2 passes in his college career.
He is the second coming of Gronk in the Travis Kelce/Jason Witten mold.
_ Every Lions homer

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but TJ only dropped 2 passes in his college career.
He is the second coming of Gronk in the Travis Kelce/Jason Witten mold.
_ Every Lions homer

He is compared to Kelce a lot but I dont see it. I do like that he has great hands as that is need with the way staff throws (Its why Ebron looked like dog shit here and now looks decent elsewhere).

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is compared to Kelce a lot but I dont see it. I do like that he has great hands as that is need with the way staff throws (Its why Ebron looked like dog shit here and now looks decent elsewhere).

Rumor has it he blocks better than Dave Casper, and is way better as a receiver than Tony Gonzalez. Drafting him was the equivalent of getting Willie Roaf and Jerry Rice with a single pick.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it he blocks better than Dave Casper, and is way better as a receiver than Tony Gonzalez. Drafting him was the equivalent of getting Willie Roaf and Jerry Rice with a single pick.

Interesting comparison.

Rumor from most Lions fans is he is a mix between Joe Thomas's blocking skills and the receiving skills of Jerry Rice.
Either way. We have a future hall of famer and the Lions will win the super bowl now.
Quinn is officially the smartest man in the room and has figured out a new model for success that the rest of the league will be adopting and mimicking for years to come.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comparison.

Rumor from most Lions fans is he is a mix between Joe Thomas's blocking skills and the receiving skills of Jerry Rice.
Either way. We have a future hall of famer and the Lions will win the super bowl now.
Quinn is officially the smartest man in the room and has figured out a new model for success that the rest of the league will be adopting and mimicking for years to come.

I would still complain about the pick if this came true

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comparison.

We're going to the Superbowl!!!!!!!!

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puff puff pass

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread

hurts muh head.