• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions currently sowed up the 8th overall pick

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!! We drafted another TE. Can never have enough TE’s!!!

I have a feeling we will see Detroit using 4 TE sets. Only explanation to spend 3 draft picks and 25 million on the TE position.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know who PJ Anderson is.

Never mind. It is PJ Johnson from AZ. He would be my next choice after Daylon Mack to spell Snacks. Watched his highlights. He even looks like Snacks.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Travis Fulgham ODU and RB Ty Johnson MD. Dont know either of these guys.

So I looked at this guys highlights and I am plesantly surprised. This kid can fly and he is not one of those delicate speed backs though. He will put his head down and try to run through people too. Needs a little more polish but a nice late round pick. Returns kicks too.

Most of the MI fans know him because he torched MI when they played.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different everybody and same Dumb results... TE 8th overall. Should have just taken a longsnapper to help the fucking punt game.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!! We drafted another TE. Can never have enough TE’s!!!

I have a feeling we will see Detroit using 4 TE sets. Only explanation to spend 3 draft picks and 25 million on the TE position.

Quinn loves drafting depth.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions should have PLENTY of depth at the TE position. They signed 10 UDFA’s and 2 of them are TE’s.

I’d say we should have the TE position set for at least until the next draft.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well we didnt get any better at WR. I dont want to see a lot of Amendola or the Jones. Expect Bevell to use a lot of 2 TE sets. Wagner could use the help too on the right side so it does make some sense. Would have rather have Toilolo sign and skipped the Nauta pick and added another G.

Seems like he hit on every other pick. Its odd (parden the pun) that picks 1,3,5,7,9 were good but 2,4,6,8 were not.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we didnt get any better at WR.

Passing on Metcalf at #8 I could understand but at #43 was inexcusable. Especially for a LB off major shoulder surgery and off field issues. Passing on a guy with TO type upside at #43 is insane. He will blow up with Russell Wilson.

I am just super disappointed with the first 2 picks.

Quinn hones in on a guy he likes and just takes him. NEVER looking to get additional value. He could of traded down a few spots and still probably landed either of those first two picks.

I am 80-90% sure if Josh Allen fell to us at #8 that Quinn STILL would of took Hockenson cause of his honed in approach.
Ed Oliver was a 3 time all american in his 3 years in college and only fell because of Daniel fugging Jones and Clelin Ferrell super reaches. All of us who watched Michigan knew Devin Bush was an elite playmaker top tier prospect at a HUGE area of need(Even Quinn admitted it on camera, that's why he selected Alama-Francis the 2nd).

TE is and always has been a LUXURY pick. It's just super irresponsible to take one in the top 8, on a 5 win team.

On the bright side, I like the 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks. Hopefully they pan out.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on Metcalf at #8 I could understand but at #43 was inexcusable. Especially for a LB off major shoulder surgery and off field issues. Passing on a guy with TO type upside at #43 is insane. He will blow up with Russell Wilson.

Quinn hones in on a guy he likes and just takes him. NEVER looking to get additional value. He could of traded down a few spots and still probably landed either of those first two picks.

I am 80-90% sure if Josh Allen fell to us at #8 that Quinn STILL would of took Hockenson cause of his honed in approach.
Ed Oliver was a 3 time all american in his 3 years in college and only fell because of Daniel fugging Jones and Clelin Ferrell super reaches. All of us who watched Michigan knew Devin Bush was an elite playmaker top tier prospect at a HUGE area of need(Even Quinn admitted it on camera, that's why he selected Alama-Francis the 2nd).

TE is and always has been a LUXURY pick. It's just super irresponsible to take one in the top 8, on a 5 win team.

On the bright side, I like the 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks. Hopefully they pan out.

Agreed. Round 2 was really bad. Could of had Cashman in the 4th too who is more of a WILL. Hock should be real good, but I also dont like the idea of drafting a TE in round 1. Just hope Bevell makes it look good that we did.

I really like Ty Johnson. Did not know much about him till we picked him. He is similar to Tevin Coleman with a little more toughness.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Round 2 was really bad. Could of had Cashman in the 4th too who is more of a WILL. Hock should be real good, but I also dont like the idea of drafting a TE in round 1. Just hope Bevell makes it look good that we did.

I think TJ will be a good player but Ed Oliver has franchise player potential. I actually would of been fine with Brian Burns over TJ too. Because if he hits 12 sack edge rushers are really hard to find and most teams don't let them walk without good reason.

I also wasn't very upset that they passed on Devin Bush UNTIL they drafted this dude in the 2nd round and then Quinn saying that LB was a huge need. THAT pissed me off more. It was really obvious to 99% of draftniks that there were only 2 legit LB prospects in this draft and White was long gone. Hence the reason PIT traded up and grabbed Bush at #10.

TJ should be a good player but I think Quinn just fell in love and "drafted scared". Scared if he traded back a few spots that TJ would be gone and he wouldn't know what to do. I saw a video of him talking about the 2nd round pick and he said he fell in love with him back in October of last year. So he had this guy honed in since October? It's like the arrest and shoulder surgery didn't deter him or have his stock drop at all because he already fell in love. Reminds me of Tabor so much. Falls in love with some plays the guy makes but ignores that he doesn't have NFL speed.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly my thoughts. There are reasons, in the past decade 26 teams haven’t spent one 1st round draft pick on a TE, let alone THREE 1st round picks and 2 of them top 10 picks. Positional value.

TE is one of the cheapest positions to sign. Hell — Travis Kelce makes the same amount per year as the nickel CB we just signed.

You’d think after Pettigrew and Ebron — Detroit would learn their lesson. Unless T.J. Hockenson is being named all-Pro during his rookie deal — they got zero value from the pick. If you draft a top 20 CB or top 20 DE or top 20 OL, etc. You get value, because you would never be able to sign a player of that caliber to a rookie deal like that.

I’m just glad we were able to secure 4 TE’s this draft, to go along with the 25 million spent on James. Seeing as we had no holes to fill — we can afford to draft luxury picks like this.:L

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my thoughts. There are reasons, in the past decade 26 teams haven’t spent one 1st round draft pick on a TE, let alone THREE 1st round picks and 2 of them top 10 picks. Positional value.

Couldn't of really said it better myself.

I really didn't think we would go this route with the signing of James. He is a damn good player. TE is the arguably the weakest positional value in the draft. If you hit on pass rusher, QB or LT/RT and have them playing that rookie contract. The team gets such HUGE salary cap value. Hard to believe that Quinn doesn't recognize that.

I really don't see how he could of had TJ ranked over Ed Oliver. Ed Oliver was a true junior coming was a 3 time all american in all three years he played. Followed up with elite level athleticism at the combine. He had to be one of the highest floor prospects with franchise caliber player upside. Not only that but pass rushers positional value is light years higher than a fucking TE.

To have Hock ranked higher. He has to be IMMEDIATELY questioned on his scouting talent. The fact that he has yet to draft a pro bowler (outside of punt returner lol). Teez Tabor debacle (drafting a CB that runs 4.7 with a top 50 pick lol). This Alma-Francis clone who not only had major shoulder surgery, an arrest and runs 4.83 in the 40. We could be looking at a Millen type GM again.

I do like his 3rd,4th and 5th round picks. Let's hope they can salvage this draft.
I will keep an open mind heading into this season but if these guys don't secure a wild card berth at least. I am done with this clown show.

One last thing I noticed. They get two blocking TE's but what are there plans for RG and an underachieving RT in Wagner? Ok, you got Hock lined up next to Wagner to help run block but they blow up the RG and make the stop anyways?
Is that Joe Dahl guy gonna play RG? Shouldn't he be developed enough by year three?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Round 2 was really bad. Could of had Cashman in the 4th too who is more of a WILL.

Has Quinn or Fat Pat even said in any interviews if they plan to play him at the WILL? Or he is just gonna be a backup to Davis?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't of really said it better myself.

One last thing I noticed. They get two blocking TE's but what are there plans for RG and an underachieving RT in Wagner? Ok, you got Hock lined up next to Wagner to help run block but they blow up the RG and make the stop anyways?
Is that Joe Dahl guy gonna play RG? Shouldn't he be developed enough by year three?

Crosby will probably beat out Wiggins this year. He deserve a shot IMO. UDFA Pope will become our swing tackle.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Quinn or Fat Pat even said in any interviews if they plan to play him at the WILL? Or he is just gonna be a backup to Davis?

Not to my knowledge. It is possible he will start as the backup to all 3. He did well on off the ball stuff but it was against shit players. He is too slow IMO to be a WILL. I would rather have Will Harris out there (and his name is Will so....)

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions should have PLENTY of depth at the TE position. They signed 10 UDFA’s and 2 of them are TE’s.

I’d say we should have the TE position set for at least until the next draft.
Dude that avy is trash. Please burn it.