• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions currently sowed up the 8th overall pick

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Taylor isn't there, they might as well go another direction.

I'd rather see them take T.J. than Jonah Williams.

Not a big fan of Daniel Jewamiah.
Dude was trying to tout that Bama RB as a top 5 player in the draft until he found out that he ran 4.6 lol.

As much as I want D. I can never really bitch about taking OL. Dominant O-lines almost always guarantee a playoff berth.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've gone to absolute shit the last couple years but sometimes you can find little tidbits that are worthy

I stopped reading them a long time ago. The ads are just bananas. Try to click on something and the page is jumping all the fuck over.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions host Clemson DL Clelin Ferrell, 2 others on pre-draft visits

Here's a list of players confirmed or reported to have taken pre-draft visits to the Lions: WR N’Keal Harry, Arizona State (per NFL Network); WR John Ursua, Hawaii; TE Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M (per Houston Chronicle); TE Drew Sample, Washington; TE Noah Fant, Iowa (per NFL Network); DL Clelin Ferrell, Clemson; DE L.J. Collier, TCU; DT P.J. Johnson, Arizona; OLB Josh Allen, Kentucky; OLB Brian Burns, Florida State; LB Darius Harris, Middle Tennessee State; S Taylor Rapp, Washington; CB Joejuan Williams, Vanderbilt; CB Jamel Dean, Auburn (per NFL Network), S Johnathan Abram, Mississippi State (per NFL Network); DB Lonnie Johnson, Kentucky

I'm not seeing many LB (as in a WILL LB) that BQ/MP have met with whether it was at Shrine Game, Senior Bowl, Local, Combine. So far, It's a very small list. Walter had listed Bush, Cashman, just recently Darius Harris, Junior McMullen-Miami Ohio, Anthony Pittman - Wayne State (I'm sure Joique Bell was involved), Juwan Young - Marshall, Sione Takitaki -BYU.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a perfect fit as a true 3-4 Edge/OLB.

Isn't that what Matt Patricia's defense is for the most part?

MP scheme is more multiple/versatile (4-3-4, 3-3-5, 4-2-5, 3-2-6) than true 3-4 in teams like Texans, Broncos, Skins, Cheese-heads (TB is switching to a 3-4 now that HC Arians is there and brought his former DC Bowles). Burns, right now, fits better as a stand-up edge rusher attacking from outside of OT/TE. He wins with speed against OL more so than anything else at this time. He has an array of pass rush moves in spin, chop, push-pull, swim. He doesn't win with physicality.

Burns in our system would be an eventual replacement for Kennard.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/solak--cornerback-rankings

5. Julian Love
CB, Notre Dame
Just a football player, man. A smart player who clearly watches film and understands his opponent; a safe player who can win in a multitude of techniques and alignments; a locker-room player who's ready to contribute Year 1. Love's physical traits aren't overwhelming, but the dude's just a football player.

Love is the last corner on my Top-10 list I'd be comfortable with in almost any scheme. Draft him in Round 2, make him your CB2, and chill forever.

BB_72; I've been saying somewhat the same. I'm not crushing on him but he's a day 1 starter at CB2. You could even drop from #43 down late into 2nd round and quite possibly into early 1/4 of 3rd round but I wouldn't go beyond 10-12 slots downward.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solak: Cornerback Rankings | The Draft Network

8. Sean Bunting
CB, Central Michigan

If you read my Greedy blurb, you know I'm willing to risk it all for long corners who can flip and fly: that's Bunting. Really loose hips for a 6-foot+ corner, and that transitional speed shows up nicely in zone, where Bunting is strong.

The press coverage is currently disappointing, but tools wise he's got what you need. Bunting may benefit from playing off-coverage early, working on his mirror-match ability, and translating that down onto the line of scrimmage so that he relies on his feet more and his hands less.

BB-72; By the end of year two you should have a lock-down CB2 with Bunting. He needs to clean up footwork from overly choppy at times to smooth transitional footwork while not crossing over so damn much in transition to pedal as he can panic at times. He'll need to refine hand placement along opponents hips/rib cage as he has a tendency to latch onto for help in his mirror.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8. Sean Bunting
CB, Central Michigan

If you read my Greedy blurb, you know I'm willing to risk it all for long corners who can flip and fly: that's Bunting. Really loose hips for a 6-foot+ corner, and that transitional speed shows up nicely in zone, where Bunting is strong.

The press coverage is currently disappointing, but tools wise he's got what you need. Bunting may benefit from playing off-coverage early, working on his mirror-match ability, and translating that down onto the line of scrimmage so that he relies on his feet more and his hands less.

BB-72; By the end of year two you should have a lock-down CB2 with Bunting. He needs to clean up footwork from overly choppy at times to smooth transitional footwork while not crossing over so damn much in transition to pedal as he can panic at times. He'll need to refine hand placement along opponents hips/rib cage as he has a tendency to latch onto for help in his mirror.

He was a lot more appealing when he was getting mocked into day 3. I'm not sold on him as high as he's been being projected lately.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Ya-Sin deserves to be 6th in these rankings while David Long and Bunting should be right behind him.

Layne, Isaiah Johnson and Savion Smith are not currently better than those three listed right above. Johnson was rated behind Bunting.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a lot more appealing when he was getting mocked into day 3. I'm not sold on him as high as he's been being projected lately.

Neither Layne nor Bunting should be in top 75 as far as I'm concerned and Bunting is currently more technically sound in his mechanics than Layne. Layne gets the hype because of his length in arms and height and nothing more than that outside of potential.

Bunting deserves to be in back end of 3rd round and into early 4th round as much as Layne. I've seen Bunting in some mocks in mid to late 2nd round just as much as Layne. They don't belong there. They'll both be over-drafted if that happens and Layne is higher-risk and less-reward. imo

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Round 4 tops. Definitely more comfortable round 5.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Ya-Sin deserves to be 6th in these rankings while David Long and Bunting should be right behind him.

Layne, Isaiah Johnson and Savion Smith are not currently better than those three listed right above. Johnson was rated behind Bunting.

I think Layne is a baller. IJ has a high ceiling but has a ways to go to get there so I agree there. Not sure about Smith. I think Layne is ahead of those guys except for Rock.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Layne is a baller. IJ has a high ceiling but has a ways to go to get there so I agree there. Not sure about Smith. I think Layne is ahead of those guys except for Rock.

He couldn't cover U of M WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, Nico Collins or even Grant Perry and neither are quick-twitched or long-speed WR. tOSU WR trio of Campbell, McLaurin, Dixon had a field day against him and all listed above ate his lunch and were open a lot but QB play from Patterson didn't get his WR the ball like he could have.

Measurables are great to a point but you have to have the technique in mechanics to survive. The one area that is to Layne's benefit is that he can be broken of bad habits but that footwork in correlation to his inability to sink his hips to turn and run on in breaking routes will linger, imo. His recognition skills for routes isn't advanced, like the media portrays it to be, for a player who was once a WR.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't cover U of M WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, Nico Collins or even Grant Perry and neither are quick-twitched or long-speed WR. tOSU WR trio of Campbell, McLaurin, Dixon had a field day against him and all listed above ate his lunch and were open a lot but QB play from Patterson didn't get his WR the ball like he could have.

Measurables are great to a point but you have to have the technique in mechanics to survive. The one area that is to Layne's benefit is that he can be broken of bad habits but that footwork in correlation to his inability to sink his hips to turn and run on in breaking routes will linger, imo. His recognition skills for routes isn't advanced, like the media portrays it to be, for a player who was once a WR.

I only watched highlights. Sometimes they dont show enough. He looked pretty smooth despite the footwork. I agree he will have trouble with the quick guys but he would be playing outside so he shouldnt see a lot of it.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out that move at 3:50. That was really impressive.
You see JJ Watt and Von Miller do that a lot in run defense where they just shimmy the OT and slip in to the backfield and make tackles.

Hard to take football advice from a man bun...

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to take football advice from a man bun...

A blonde one at that.

I usually give those guys a pass based on the fact that those types usually have no hair left by the time they are 50 and need to grow all they can while they are young.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro comparisons for the 2019 NFL Draft's top-50 prospects

4. Ed Oliver, DT Houston
NFL comparison: Geno Atkins

meebs called this comp a couple months ago.

21. Devin Bush, LB Michigan
NFL comparison: Darius Leonard

smitty probably wouldn't agree this comp

27. JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR Stanford
NFL comparison: Alshon Jeffery

48. Terry McLaurin, WR Ohio State
NFL comparison: Kenny Stills

Blue's 2/3 favorite WR in this draft (Jakobi Meyers is the other)

47. Justin Layne, CB Michigan State
NFL comparison: Josh Norman

I hope this comp comes true for Layne but I couldn't project that which means he's probably 1st yr Pro-Bowl