• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2015 FA Tracker.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transactions
SmellyBathroomGIF.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all aboot that Tyrunn Walker signing.

Best Tyrunn in the history on Free Agency.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One fucking new FA. One.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many teams overpaying FAs. I have no problem only signing guys that we do not have to overpay.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many teams overpaying FAs. I have no problem only signing guys that we do not have to overpay.

Overpay is the new constant NFL buzz word, and every fan is an expert on the market. Bananas.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'd have loved a handful of these free agents, but I also like that there seems to be a plan of financial prudence this offseason. Save the $$ for our own core players and rack up the comp picks instead of free agents.

What's interesting is that if you browse the Packers board, the team that's best known for barely touching free agency, there are still fans on there complaining about them not signing big free agents, even though it's clearly working out for them.

I think it's just the nature of the beast that people are inclined to think they know better than the professionals because they watch football on TV and follow it online. Lots of armchair experts out there, apparently...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'd have loved a handful of these free agents, but I also like that there seems to be a plan of financial prudence this offseason. Save the $$ for our own core players and rack up the comp picks instead of free agents.

What's interesting is that if you browse the Packers board, the team that's best known for barely touching free agency, there are still fans on there complaining about them not signing big free agents, even though it's clearly working out for them.

I think it's just the nature of the beast that people are inclined to think they know better than the professionals because they watch football on TV and follow it online. Lots of armchair experts out there, apparently...

Which professionals are you talking about? The ones "over spending" (subjective) on the players you'd love to have? Or the professionals not "over spending" (subjective) on the players you'd love to have?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett Reynolds - G - Rams
Rams signed G/T Garrett Reynolds to a two-year, $2.2 million contract.
Reynolds appeared in 10 games (four starts) as a versatile reserve for Detroit last year. He can play both guard and right tackle, and knows OL coach Paul Boudreau's scheme from their time in Atlanta. Reynolds' signing should not impact whether the Rams bring back free agent RT Joe Barskdale.

Guess he was not as bad as many of you were saying.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds appeared in 10 games (four starts) as a versatile reserve for Detroit last year. He can play both guard and right tackle, and knows OL coach Paul Boudreau's scheme from their time in Atlanta. Reynolds' signing should not impact whether the Rams bring back free agent RT Joe Barskdale.

Yes he was.

He isn't competing for a starting job. He played for a vet minimum deal last year for us which is nearly $1m. The Rams paid him only a very little bit more.

The write up says it all as to why he carries "some" value, and that's his versatility. He is nothing more than a back up, you hope he never plays but if forced into action is an experienced veteran that you hope just wont shit the bed while he is out there until the team gets healthy.

I feel bad for whoever had to clean the sheets on that shitty bed when he was starting for us. Although to be fair, he was accompanied by other bed shitters on our o-line last year.

Replacing him was the logical move to see if a younger player with upside can fill the roll. With the question about whether the Rams would now bring back Barksdale is a clear cut sign that Jake Long isn't coming back. That's a guy I could get on board with bringing in for a workout and physical.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is suggesting he be a starter. I thought he was an adequate backup. He is not going to be a starter at this point in his career as he has proved he has a low ceiling. We have such a young O-Line that veteran backups are a good idea. We will still need another backup interior lineman along with a starter.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds actually fared pretty well for us at guard, but he looked horribly out-of-place at tackle. As in interior reserve he's got value, I'd just keep him away from playing tackle. It's interesting that the comments here don't differentiate between his play at the two spots...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am guessing his agent sent a highlight reel of those two blocks.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds actually fared pretty well for us at guard, but he looked horribly out-of-place at tackle. As in interior reserve he's got value, I'd just keep him away from playing tackle. It's interesting that the comments here don't differentiate between his play at the two spots...

For me I want a backup with versatility. For the mere fact of what happened with him at T last year. Knowing you can move Rieff and Swanson to multiple spots says you can have a guy like Reynolds to backup one spot strong. I rather have a guy who plugs in where needed and keep starters at the normal position.

This is why I am big on Collins or Marpet being drafted.

I know it is hard for some to realize just because he wears a Lions logo does not make him good. Mike Thomas sucked in every jersey he ever wore. Reynolds goes and has a great career for the Rams, awesome. I am very glad he is gone.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at this point I'm starting to get desperate. Why not snag Felix Jones from the Veteran Combine and as TP says, "kick the tires" on him. The Lions would certainly would be an attractive destination for a guy like him when at the top of the depth chart is currently Joque Bell. This would a spot he could revitalize his career and every one of the guys there have to know they are getting league minimum deals. I thought I heard that he showed pretty well and with the speed he always had.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at this point I'm starting to get desperate. Why not snag Felix Jones from the Veteran Combine and as TP says, "kick the tires" on him. The Lions would certainly would be an attractive destination for a guy like him when at the top of the depth chart is currently Joque Bell. This would a spot he could revitalize his career and every one of the guys there have to know they are getting league minimum deals. I thought I heard that he showed pretty well and with the speed he always had.
I can't tell if you're trolling me here, or not?

Just the opposite on his speed- he turned in like a 4.7 something on each of his 3 40 tries, at least that's what I read...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell if you're trolling me here, or not?

Just the opposite on his speed- he turned in like a 4.7 something on each of his 3 40 tries, at least that's what I read...

Nope. Obviously I heard it wrong. I thought they were saying just the opposite. Sounds like many of the RB's were slower than erosion. All though I am certain I heard one guy say that Leshoure impressed him. Yikes.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, our boy Leshoure was actually one of the faster (and I'm using that term for comparison only here) backs at the event...