• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS 2014 FREE AGENTS THREAD (all positons)

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emanuel Sanders would fit the slot. He would be my #1 target.

Have to part ways with Shaun Hill. 3.2 million for a backup QB when a guy like McCown signed a Vet minimum deal is the way to go. The NFL is littered with McCowns and hopefully Kellen Moore is ready. If not a late round guy to develop.

Joique Bell yes.

Pettigrew no.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Delmas, sign TJ Ward. Also be happy with A. Verner from TEN.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS- Don't sleep on Eric Decker, need that guy too.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS- Don't sleep on Eric Decker, need that guy too.

Decker is a product of having Welker, Thomas, and that TE (cant recall his name right now). It also doesnt hurt that he has Peyton Manning at QB.

You put him on another team where he faces MUCH different coverage than he gets now and you are going to see an enormous drop off in production. I wouldnt go anyway near him. He's going to get a contract that is likely WELL in excess of the value he will bring to another team. That's the last thing we need. Short of Ted Ginn in the #3 role I hope we dont add another WR unless we draft him.

This draft is loaded with quality receivers in the first two or three rounds.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker is a product of having Welker, Thomas, and that TE (cant recall his name right now). It also doesnt hurt that he has Peyton Manning at QB.

You put him on another team where he faces MUCH different coverage than he gets now and you are going to see an enormous drop off in production. I wouldnt go anyway near him. He's going to get a contract that is likely WELL in excess of the value he will bring to another team. That's the last thing we need. Short of Ted Ginn in the #3 role I hope we dont add another WR unless we draft him.

Decker proved to be valuable before Welker and before even Manning arrived. He looked good when Fucking Tebow was his QB. Having said that, I still think he'll cost more than we can give him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is hard to get a read on Decker, He had 612 yards and 8 TD's with no Welker, Manning, or Julius Thomas. At that time though the team only passed for 2,700 yards total because of Tebow. He was the teams leadign receiver. Really it is Demaryius Thomas that has seen the bigger improvement from the manning addition.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker is a big maybe. Hard to say if he is a product of the QB and system in Denver. I think he will be grossly overpaid regardless and Detroit can find cheaper.

As I mentioned Emmanuel Sanders the Patriots tried to sign him last year only to have the Steelers match. IMO I will go after any player the hoodie targeted.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker is too good to be our #2 receiver anyway. Dudes gonna get paid real deal style by somebody, just not by Detroit. (He's better than Welker btw).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to worry, MM will find another injured WR (head-case or knee surgery) that's graded a 4th round pick and draft him in the 2nd round. He loves the smaller shifty wr's anyways. Probably bypassing Watkins at #10, if he would somehow fall due to all the other idiot GM's desperately reaching for QB's.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. I didn't bother to click on any of those worthless/misleading links. But here are a few drop%numbers from Detroit and Denver. We'll start with running backs. Joique Bell-11.3%. Knowshon Moreno 6.8%. Reggie Bush 11.3%. Tight Ends: Tony Scheffler 25%. Julius Thomas 2.2%. Brandon Pettigrew 4.8%. Wide receivers: Demaryious Thomas 5.6%. Jeremy Ross 16.7%. Ryan Broyles 21.4%. Kevin Ogletree 6.5%. Kris Durham 5.9%. Wes Welker 9.0%. CJ 5.1%. Decker 5.1%. Other notable receivers to this board: Kenny Britt 11.4% Josh Gordon 5.0% Torrey Smith 5.1% Hakeem Nicks 5.0% Riley Cooper 3.6%.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally I would like to see them sign ginn and a kicker and draft like they did last year. Their oline is fine and I would rather see them build both of their lines via the draft. I think ginn would be a perfect fit in detroit with CJ and bush. That would really open up the offense.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say that if Peanut Tillman hits the market I'd love to see us make a strong push for him. He could fill our #1 CB spot for a few years and I think he could teach our young 3 of Green, Greenwood and Slay a lot about his turn-over creating style of play. All three are big, physical outside CBs like him, and I think they all showed a fair amount of potential in limited playing time last year. Slay was pretty shaky, but seemed to step it up when he returned from his injury, and Green and Greenwood both played pretty well when finally given the chance.

I'd trade Houston for absolutely whatever we can get and roll with Tillman, Green, Greenwood, Slay and Bently, which would leave us room for another CB on the roster- perhaps Mathis for another season, or a rookie draft pick or young free agent?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Decker or Alex Mack.

Draft Greg Robinson or all defense.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious, how will it be any different on the Lions? He will still be seeing all the same coverage. D.Thomas gets all the attention in Denver and CJ would get all the attention in Detroit.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, how will it be any different on the Lions? He will still be seeing all the same coverage. D.Thomas gets all the attention in Denver and CJ would get all the attention in Detroit.

I think the point is, "You don't pay him #1WR money for his performance when system and other personnel is a heavy contributor."

I do like that Decker was productive with bums like Tebow, but would hold the line at $5MM per AND only sign him after the draft in case Watkins drops to #10.

I again worry that the FA market this offseason will be highly overpriced with so many teams with loads of cap space. I'd rather re-up my guys and sign backups than overpay now and go to cap hell the next few years.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at our unrestricted free agents, most important is Willie Young. If he walks, we become quite weak & thin at DE.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree here. While he benefits from coverage being drawn away by Thomas, Thomas, and Welker, he's also a bona-fide #2 WR, and a pretty damn good one at that.

He's got size, speed, returns punts and has put together back-to-back seasons with 85+ receptions, 1,000+ yards and 10+ TDs in each. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Maybe someone will offer him #1 WR money to come play for them, but I just don't see it. He does, however, deserve a top #2 WR type of contract, and I'd be more than willing to see us make that work if possible. He'd solve a lot of problems for our offense, imo...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at our unrestricted free agents, most important is Willie Young. If he walks, we become quite weak & thin at DE.

Disagree with that. Young got outplayed at the end of the season by Devin Taylor and we get Jason Jones back most likely in addition to Ziggy. We would have to fill the roster spot, but I would not call it a weakness by any stretch.