• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lines

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't do what you have.. just cause that puts 2 more offensively minded d-men together.. IMO the d-men will be split

'Offense' (puck mover)
Timo
Mesz
Carle

'Defense' (physical presence)
Coburn
Pronger
O'Donnell

1 of each will play on a pair.. i think mesz is going to play with pronger.. carle had a really good season yes, but i think mesz is the better d-man.. mesz had his best seasons with chara, pronger will bring out the best in him..

we really have a good defense.. i think every time i think about it it gets better..

Yep I hear ya on the D pairings but is balance better or having one crazy ass 1st pairing with Pronger and Mez? I think they want to limit Prongers ice a little so they may take the balanced approach but what the hell do I know...haha!

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Offense' (puck mover)
Timo
Mesz
Carle

'Defense' (physical presence)
Coburn
Pronger
O'Donnell

can you imagine how good we are going to be on the pp?????

first unit will, of course, be anchored by kimmo and pronger. no secret how good they are together.

but now the second unit is going to probably feature carle and mesz. which is a slight upgrade over coburn. but even if mesz turns out to be coburnesque, that gives us two guys interchangeable on the second pp. that is a big deal from a point production standpoint. we can field two pretty good pp units regardless of injury.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I hear ya on the D pairings but is balance better or having one crazy ass 1st pairing with Pronger and Mez? I think they want to limit Prongers ice a little so they may take the balanced approach but what the hell do I know...haha!

to be honest i dont know how to unbalance our d-pairs haha.. regardless of what you do you're going to have a guy that could play on the top pair, on the third pair.. ridiculous

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its certainly a good problem to have.

but the way i see it..homer's acquisition of all these defenseman was to fix 2 things...

first we desperately needed a 3rd pair after virtually rolling out 4 defenseman in the finals.

secondly..we need someone that can take away minutes from pronger.

the way i see it..i dont want to put mez or timonen with prongs, because if we balance it out more, we can roll and any pair and not be worried about whos out there and also not be worried about overworking an aging pronger and aging timonen.

keep it the same and just add a third pairing.

pronger carle
timonen coburn
meszaros o'donnell

coburn and mez should be interchangable tho.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you WOOT, leave the pairing alone and just put Mez and O'D together and call it a day! lol

*I can never remember a time when we had this kind of a bad ass, solid defense from 1 through 6!! Love it!! :)

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this might be the best defense the flyers have ever had, as well as the deepest.

pronger...future hall of famer
timonen..number one on most teams in the league
meszaros, coburn, carle..could be number 1 or 2 on lots of teams too
o'donnell...solid vet who any stanley cup team needs around, been around the block

then we have walker, bartulis, as well as guys in training camp that could surprise people like marshall for example.

essentially we are going to have 8 defenseman and more like 9-10 if theres injuries.

cant really complain at all.

and should a top guy like prongs or timonen go down for an extended period of time, a guy like meszaros could pick up the extra minutes without a problem.

our defense is a thing of beauty right now

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you guys should read tim panaccios chat on csnphilly.com. he has his lines there. along with other useful information.

zherdev-richards-carter
hartnell-briere-leino
jvr-giroux-carcillo
shelley-betts-laperierre

pronger-carle
timonen-meszaros
coburn-odonnell

leighton-backlund

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i just hate seeing giroux on the third line without the wingers he deserves. now granted, jvr should be much better than he was last season, so that should be good for claude. but claude really deserves to be with skill guys, like briere, zherdev, leino, ect. on the bright side tho, he might not be as productive as he could be if hes given third line minutes without the best wingers on the team because then he might not command as big of a raise as if he were to have a monster 70-80 point year. but we will see. plus he gets lots of time on the PP which is good.

i really still want to see something like this:

zherdev richards carcillo
leino briere hartnell
jvr giroux carter
powe betts lappy

carter and jvr were good on a line together near the beginning of last year.

or..
this could work..

leino briere giroux
jvr carter zherdev
hartnell richards carcillo
powe betts lappy

im dying to see what kind of havoc a line like harts, richie and carcillo could wreak. theyd get under the opponents skin, be so frustrating for opponents to play against with a hard nosed grinding style and would also be able to chip in goals, cause richards WILL get his points no matter where he is..he just has a habit of banging them out.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah those are probably going to be the lines we end up seeing oct. 7th. the briere hartnell leino line definitely deserves 2-3 weeks to show that the playoffs were no fluke. i really wanna swap carter and carcillo though, because i loved carcillo with richards and i think giroux could help take carter to the next level. imagine jvr crashing the net(one can only hope), cashing in on carters rebounds, and giroux's sick puck possesion giving carter ample time to set up for a wicked wrist shot. not to mention jvr played well with carter towards the beginning of last season

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah those are probably going to be the lines we end up seeing oct. 7th. the briere hartnell leino line definitely deserves 2-3 weeks to show that the playoffs were no fluke. i really wanna swap carter and carcillo though, because i loved carcillo with richards and i think giroux could help take carter to the next level. imagine jvr crashing the net(one can only hope), cashing in on carters rebounds, and giroux's sick puck possesion giving carter ample time to set up for a wicked wrist shot. not to mention jvr played well with carter towards the beginning of last season

Yep I'm on your train of thought with this Woot I haven't seen one schred of evidence that Richie and Carts have any chemistry together its like they step on each others toes. Carts needs that set up guy and Giroux is definitely your man! Plus it evens out the lines a bit so the Flyers can come from all angles kind of like the hawks last year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just hate seeing giroux on the third line without the wingers he deserves. now granted, jvr should be much better than he was last season, so that should be good for claude. but claude really deserves to be with skill guys, like briere, zherdev, leino, ect. on the bright side tho, he might not be as productive as he could be if hes given third line minutes without the best wingers on the team because then he might not command as big of a raise as if he were to have a monster 70-80 point year. but we will see. plus he gets lots of time on the PP which is good.

i really still want to see something like this:

zherdev richards carcillo
leino briere hartnell
jvr giroux carter
powe betts lappy

carter and jvr were good on a line together near the beginning of last year.

or..
this could work..

leino briere giroux
jvr carter zherdev
hartnell richards carcillo
powe betts lappy

im dying to see what kind of havoc a line like harts, richie and carcillo could wreak. theyd get under the opponents skin, be so frustrating for opponents to play against with a hard nosed grinding style and would also be able to chip in goals, cause richards WILL get his points no matter where he is..he just has a habit of banging them out.

ohh ya.. glad i have someone else on board w/ that line haha

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys should read tim panaccios chat on csnphilly.com. he has his lines there. along with other useful information.

zherdev-richards-carter
hartnell-briere-leino
jvr-giroux-carcillo
shelley-betts-laperierre

pronger-carle
timonen-meszaros
coburn-odonnell

leighton-backlund

I agree with those lines and pairings. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That means leave Hartnell with Leino and Briere centering the line, leave Giroux at center and leave Carle with Pronger. You can always swap Giroux and Carter if need be. The lines are very much interchangeable and so are the pairings, really. That's because there's a lot of depth everywhere, especially if guys like Giroux, Zherdev, JvR and Leino step it up a notch and have improved regular seasons as we expect them to.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

zherdev-richards-carter
hartnell-briere-leino
jvr-giroux-carcillo
shelley-betts-laperierre

pronger-carle
timonen-meszaros
coburn-odonnell

leighton-backlund

The only problem with that is the 3rd line IMO. Carbomb wont exactly water those seeds (JVR and Giroux) and we need them to grow into beautiful flowers

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I like the option of swapping Giroux and Richards or Giroux and Carter. They are both viable.

Richards is a 3rd line player with the skill of a first line player. When Giroux lights up he is first line material. That is a good option. And when Richie is on the 3rd JVR can have somebody to play with.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards is a 3rd line player with the skill of a first line player. When Giroux lights up he is first line material. That is a good option. And when Richie is on the 3rd JVR can have somebody to play with.

And in my opinion, Giroux should be developing into a definite first line guy this coming season. What he accomplished during our run to the finals shows what he is capable of. I'm talking about being a point per game guy, scoring goals and dishing out assists all while being responsible defensively. His 47 point total from this past regular season should get absolutely obliterated this time around.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree with everything said about giroux and richards.
giroux is the future first liner on this team, if not the present as of this year.
richards will bang out his points no matter who hes with or where he is.

so maybe put giroux on the top line and do something along these lines...

zherdev giroux carter (imagine the goals this line scores)
hartnell briere leino (hopeful for continued success)
jvr richards carcillo (jvr gets to learn from the captain who is willing to bang, and hopefully this rubs off on jvr)

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know why, but I have this feeling Z is going to end up playing along side Danny B a lot this year. I can just envision those 2 with the give and go from behind the net on the PP.

its probably very likely..and probably will produce lots of goals..but those 2 and their defense..ehhh makes me hesistant. but zherdev claims hes a 2 way player now..so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going on faith too Woot. lol :)

Nice board we got here eh? You should see this place during a GNT!! Last year, during the playoffs, each game drew about 300-400 posts each game. This year should be much wilder with guys like you and Sami, Maniaa etc etc joining up! :D

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
definitely dude..the season cant come any faster! october 7th is right around the corner. i cant remember the last time ive been this excited for a flyers season!