• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Line Ideas

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the first one i disagree with.. the flyers goaltending was the only thing playing well from late january to early march.. bob and boosh were both hot, posting a combined GAA around 1.5.. but they couldn't win a game to save their lives cause the flyers offense was stone cold

richards and carter were streaky, they would go weeks without scoring a goal and then score 8 in 3 games.. the flyers didnt need those extra goals most of the time, they needed timely scoring, which is not what carter or richards provided last season.. i'm hopeful that this season they get more consistent scoring.. maybe it wont look as pretty at the end of the season, but more consistent scoring and fewer total goals, and the flyers would've been a better team last year

my biggest concern is the health of the defense as well

Yup.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the first one i disagree with.. the flyers goaltending was the only thing playing well from late january to early march.. bob and boosh were both hot, posting a combined GAA around 1.5.. but they couldn't win a game to save their lives cause the flyers offense was stone cold

richards and carter were streaky, they would go weeks without scoring a goal and then score 8 in 3 games.. the flyers didnt need those extra goals most of the time, they needed timely scoring, which is not what carter or richards provided last season.. i'm hopeful that this season they get more consistent scoring.. maybe it wont look as pretty at the end of the season, but more consistent scoring and fewer total goals, and the flyers would've been a better team last year

my biggest concern is the health of the defense as well

I don't know... I think we saw different things with the goaltending...

Pre-Allstar break, Bob was 2.42, .920, going 21-6-3 (Bouch was 2.41, .916, going 11-6-2).

In January alone, Bobrovsky posted a 1.83 GAA, Save Percentage of .940, and went 6-0-0 (Boucher was 2.52, .914, 6-4-2) and the team as a whole went 12-4-2. (January was as close as either goalie got to a 1.5 GAA.)

The Flyers Goaltending took a turn for the worse in February, actually. Bobrovsky dropped to 2.66, .909, going 3-3-1. Boucher stepped it up a bit, going 2.09, .931 and the Flyers not suprisingly went 4-1-0.

The allstar break happened at the end of January. After that, Bobrovsky dipped significantly to 2.84 and .907, going 7-7-5 (Boucher stayed about the same, at 2.52, .916, 7-4-2) and the Flyers ended up going 14-11-7.

Boucher was more or less the same player, but once Bob dipped down, the Flyers started to stumble.

I know it's not fair to blame the goaltender for EVERYTHING, but I can't imagine the rest of the team plays the same when they hold their breath whenever a shot is put on goal. You can see it. The defense starts to scramble, to press, guys hold their sticks a little tighter... I'm hoping a more consistent presence in net will lead to a more consistent effort and offensive output. We shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health of the defense aka PRONGER!!!!!:rapture::kiss:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am suprised by those stats but do recall we were still getting some points after the allstar break. That being said, I recall the team being increadably boring during that stretch. I recall posting that many times. They looked to be going through the motions with the mentality that they could turn it on at anytime. As we saw, that was not the case at all.

We now have a true tested #1 goalie and a top 5 defense. We still go 4 deep without Pronger and Lajla (or whatever) is a decent 5,6. The question is whether we will get enough goals. We need something like

Hartnell (25) Briere (35) Jagr (25) 85
Jvr (25) Giroux (30) Voracek (20) 75
Simmonds (15-20) Schenn (15-20) Nodl/Wellwood/Holmstrom (10-15) 40-55
Talbot (10) Betts (5) Shelly/Someone/Everyone (5) 20

Defense (30)
Misc (5)

This equals 255-270 goals. Last year we scored 256. I think the only givens in my analysis are Hartnell, Briere, Giroux, Jvr and the defense. The defense only scored 22 but I see a few more, especially from Carle. I hope jvr proves me wrong. I am asking alot from Schenn as a rookie. Can Jagr score 25????
Feel free to discuss.:first::typing:

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am suprised by those stats but do recall we were still getting some points after the allstar break. That being said, I recall the team being increadably boring during that stretch. I recall posting that many times. They looked to be going through the motions with the mentality that they could turn it on at anytime. As we saw, that was not the case at all.

We now have a true tested #1 goalie and a top 5 defense. We still go 4 deep without Pronger and Lajla (or whatever) is a decent 5,6. The question is whether we will get enough goals. We need something like

Defense (30)
Misc (5)

This equals 255-270 goals. Last year we scored 256. I think the only givens in my analysis are Hartnell, Briere, Giroux, Jvr and the defense. The defense only scored 22 but I see a few more, especially from Carle. I hope jvr proves me wrong. I am asking alot from Schenn as a rookie. Can Jagr score 25????

Jagr is such a wildcard. At worst I see him netting about 15 goals. At best, hell he could score 30 with the magicians we have on this team. Only time will tell.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defense (30)
Misc (5)

i think a lot of your hopes are a little high.. but i also think you're asking to score more than last year, which isn't necessary.. i think if the flyers score around 230 goals they'll be fine.. that would put them 13th this past season, 1 ahead of the pens.. and i think the flyers defense+bryz is better than the pens defense+MAF.. or at the very least it's comparable..

jvr (20) / giroux (30) / jagr (20)
hartnell (20) / briere (30) / voracek (15)
simmonds (15) / schenn (15) / talbot (10)
nodl (10) / betts (5) / shelley (3)

pronger (5) / carle (7)
mesz (7) / coburn (5)
timo (5) / lilja (3)

that's 225, and i dont think any of those are out of reach. i think they can find 5 more in there too

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... I think we saw different things with the goaltending...

Pre-Allstar break, Bob was 2.42, .920, going 21-6-3 (Bouch was 2.41, .916, going 11-6-2).

In January alone, Bobrovsky posted a 1.83 GAA, Save Percentage of .940, and went 6-0-0 (Boucher was 2.52, .914, 6-4-2) and the team as a whole went 12-4-2. (January was as close as either goalie got to a 1.5 GAA.)

The Flyers Goaltending took a turn for the worse in February, actually. Bobrovsky dropped to 2.66, .909, going 3-3-1. Boucher stepped it up a bit, going 2.09, .931 and the Flyers not suprisingly went 4-1-0.

The allstar break happened at the end of January. After that, Bobrovsky dipped significantly to 2.84 and .907, going 7-7-5 (Boucher stayed about the same, at 2.52, .916, 7-4-2) and the Flyers ended up going 14-11-7.

Boucher was more or less the same player, but once Bob dipped down, the Flyers started to stumble.

I know it's not fair to blame the goaltender for EVERYTHING, but I can't imagine the rest of the team plays the same when they hold their breath whenever a shot is put on goal. You can see it. The defense starts to scramble, to press, guys hold their sticks a little tighter... I'm hoping a more consistent presence in net will lead to a more consistent effort and offensive output. We shall see.

just took a look at the schedule.. i must've been confusing this year with last year's goal production.. there was a stretch this year or last where the flyers got shutout like 4 times in 6 games and the flyers were losing like 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, etc. for an extended period of time

i do remember bob's play declining though, that's when the arguments busted out about how bob should take a seat for a while (mine and 4706's position, probably a few others) or about how they were growing pains and he'd get through it.. forget who was on that side

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think a lot of your hopes are a little high.. but i also think you're asking to score more than last year, which isn't necessary.. i think if the flyers score around 230 goals they'll be fine.. that would put them 13th this past season, 1 ahead of the pens.. and i think the flyers defense+bryz is better than the pens defense+MAF.. or at the very least it's comparable..

Just to bash the Pens (Because we all love taking shots at them) I really dont see what they have we dont, other thana Malkn coming off knee surgery, Crosby coming off the Legend Killer, AHL wingers, and ANDREJ MESZAROS a DMan on our 3rd pair is still better than any DMan they have.

Oh, and we stole Jagr from them too. Nananana boo boo

2725195616_c364e4d304.jpg

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do remember bob's play declining though, that's when the arguments busted out about how bob should take a seat for a while (mine and 4706's position, probably a few others) or about how they were growing pains and he'd get through it.. forget who was on that side

And for the Bob lovers, he is sthe goalie of the future. The future is NOT the present.