• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lightning claim Mike Kostka

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played under Cooper during the 2011-2012 season. Had a decent year last year with the Maple Leafs however he's struggled to fit in on which is deep blueline in Chicago this year. I think it's a nice pickup to be honest and I think this will mean the Lightning won't acquire a defenseman at the deadline. Although Kostka is more of depth (6/7) defenseman, the bolts blueline is getting crowded and I also think Sustr will be back in Tampa soon just to increase that depth. I think Yzerman would of talking around the league and he probably doesn't like that market and to be honest neither do I. I do think Yzerman will be in the market for a gritty playoff forward like, Steve Ott, Dan Cleary, Ryan Symth or Lee Stempniak. As we go down the stretch I can see the Lightning carrying 8 D with Heddy, Salo, Carle, Gudas, Brewer, Barberio, Sustr and Kostka, don't forget Cooper likes to plat 11 and 7. Kostka is more of a puckmover but does have a psychical element in his game and he's a righty shot which is also a plus.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is an underrated move - this could certainly help them - it gives them eight capable d-men

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played under Cooper during the 2011-2012 season. Had a decent year last year with the Maple Leafs however he's struggled to fit in on which is deep blueline in Chicago this year. I think it's a nice pickup to be honest and I think this will mean the Lightning won't acquire a defenseman at the deadline. Although Kostka is more of depth (6/7) defenseman, the bolts blueline is getting crowded and I also think Sustr will be back in Tampa soon just to increase that depth. I think Yzerman would of talking around the league and he probably doesn't like that market and to be honest neither do I. I do think Yzerman will be in the market for a gritty playoff forward like, Steve Ott, Dan Cleary, Ryan Symth or Lee Stempniak. As we go down the stretch I can see the Lightning carrying 8 D with Heddy, Salo, Carle, Gudas, Brewer, Barberio, Sustr and Kostka, don't forget Cooper likes to plat 11 and 7. Kostka is more of a puckmover but does have a psychical element in his game and he's a righty shot which is also a plus.
great pick up by the lightning for sure Kostka is a guy I wanted them to sign this past offseason!