• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Levy signed an extension

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Some posters are actually more excited I was wrong than about Levy re-signing.

Credit Levy's agent for getting this done before Levy is exposed without Suh cleaning up on front of him.

Well you're talking about me, and you're wrong. I was not more excited about Levy resigning than you being wrong. The resigning and the timing of your post just made that post the funniest thing you've ever posted. You should celebrate. Go to the gym and chest bump some people. Go outside and ridicule your paperboy. Go tell people that they aren't manly. Go celebrate, because you were the funniest that you have ever been. It's a new high for your humor, and what's life if you don't celebrate something like that?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're talking about me, and you're wrong. I was not more excited about Levy resigning than you being wrong. The resigning and the timing of your post just made that post the funniest thing you've ever posted. You should celebrate. Go to the gym and chest bump some people. Go outside and ridicule your paperboy. Go tell people that they aren't manly. Go celebrate, because you were the funniest that you have ever been. It's a new high for your humor, and what's life if you don't celebrate something like that?

I wasn't talking about you, but maybe I should have been after seeing this tirade.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we've been covering humor lessons today, I'll point out that this is what is funny shit...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Levy got more than Wagner, and is now the highest paid 4-3 LB in the NFL.
Way off. Good job giving yourself false props just a few posts above this one, though...

Report: DeAndre Levy's four-year deal valued at $33.7 million | MLive.com

"According to the NFL Network, Levy's four-year deal is valued at $33.72 million, with $20 million guaranteed. That's significantly less than the four-year, $43 million pact inked by Seattle Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner days earlier."

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way off. Good job giving yourself false props just a few posts above this one, though...

"According to the NFL Network, Levy's four-year deal is valued at $33.72 million, with $20 million guaranteed. That's significantly less than the four-year, $43 million pact inked by Seattle Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner days earlier."

Why do you always end your posts with etc...?

Good to hear that was just a rumor. Can't pay a guy elite money who isn't elite.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we've been covering humor lessons today, I'll point out that this is what is funny shit...

I truly believed that Levy believed his own hype. I really thought he was gonna either milk Mayhew dry, or hold out all year like he said he would, and let his play do his talking for him.

I was wrong.

Levy accepting 33 million is him throwing in the towel. It proves he knows he cannot possibly sustain his success without Suh, and that holding out would mean career suicide once the D is exposed without their leader.

Smart move by Levy. Even smarter move by Mayhew, not over paying for an average LB.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily think that Rob. He became the highest paid at his position. There are no other 4-3 OLB making more than him. Maybe there is just that big of a gap between the pay of middle and outside backers in the 4-3 defense. I do know that the 4-3 OLB was one of the lowest paid positions, I just thought he might get middle linebacker money.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong.
HIYyeFy.gif

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily think that Rob. He became the highest paid at his position. There are no other 4-3 OLB making more than him. Maybe there is just that big of a gap between the pay of middle and outside backers in the 4-3 defense. I do know that the 4-3 OLB was one of the lowest paid positions, I just thought he might get middle linebacker money.

Lavonte David will make more. I mean, great work by Mayhew. Seriously. I really thought Levy would be able to grab A LOT more than he did.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait..... what..... numbers are out on Levy's contract

OH HELL yeah....

somebody pat me on my back, throw the party streamers, where's Louie ????????
for the non-prediction that I'll claim I honestly predicted

anything over 34M, for that 4 yr. deal, would be overpaying for a WLB, imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you always end your posts with etc...?

Good to hear that was just a rumor. Can't pay a guy elite money who isn't elite.
Just to make you wonder...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believed that Levy believed his own hype. I really thought he was gonna either milk Mayhew dry, or hold out all year like he said he would, and let his play do his talking for him.

I was wrong.

Levy accepting 33 million is him throwing in the towel. It proves he knows he cannot possibly sustain his success without Suh, and that holding out would mean career suicide once the D is exposed without their leader.

Smart move by Levy. Even smarter move by Mayhew, not over paying for an average LB.
:pound::pound::pound:

See? You can be funny when you try. (although I get the feeling you weren't actually trying to be funny there)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would expose Mayhew as incredible desperate, re-upping a cast off from a perennial SB contender.

So were the Dolphins incredibly desperate for signing a "cast off" from the Lions? Ngata's situation was the same as Suh's. Instead of playing the season with the enormous cap hit (in Ngata's case -- it was almost 17 million) -- they tried to re-sign him and when they couldn't get a deal done, they dealt him to save 8.5 million in cap space.

And like perennial SB contender franchises -- they were proactive and had spent a high pick on Timmy Jernigan, in case something like this happened. If the Lions were proactive -- Aaron Donald would have been on Detroit and we wouldn't have needed to scramble to try and fill the DT spots.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound:

See? You can be funny when you try. (although I get the feeling you weren't actually trying to be funny there)

If he was really the elite player he was hyped up as, he would have gotten a lot more. Even you have to admit that.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was really the elite player he was hyped up as, he would have gotten a lot more. Even you have to admit that.
Highest paid at his position- I think that's pretty good...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Levy re-signing has to be a rumor. Rob already let us all know Levy would be leaving the team, so it can't possibly be true. Without Suh -- no one wants to play here. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So were the Dolphins incredibly desperate for signing a "cast off" from the Lions?

Please. The Lions got down on their hands and knees and begged Suh to change his mind.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest paid at his position- I think that's pretty good...

Highest paid WLB. Based on the hype, I'd think he'd be a lot closer to top paid 4-3 backer.