• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Levy 6 years 90 million, 40 million guaranteed

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder

i wouldn't even franchise Levy once

but that's just me

instead i'll sit and wait patiently for VanNoy to prove all the haters wrong

he (VanNoy) was and still is my boy from 2014 draft right along with Webster (a known project with high upside if he takes to coaching) and the Princeton Jewel, Caraun Reid, who I felt could be as good or better than Stillman College DT Sammie Lee Hill (not the physical assualt part).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy haters? He has like 6 career tackles.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder

i wouldn't even franchise Levy once

but that's just me

instead i'll sit and wait patiently for VanNoy to prove all the haters wrong

he (VanNoy) was and still is my boy from 2014 draft right along with Webster (a known project with high upside if he takes to coaching) and the Princeton Jewel, Caraun Reid, who I felt could be as good or better than Stillman College DT Sammie Lee Hill (not the physical assualt part).

Van Noy isn't a WLB though. He is a SLB who can kick to DE on 3rd downs.

It will be interesting to see if Reid, Webster or the forgotten man Devin Taylor can show something this year. They all have their chances now. If none of them flash this year. They are probably all career backups and the position will need to be addressed high in the draft next year.

In that case, it may be wise to tag Levy for one year and address D-line in the first and second rounds instead.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy haters? He has like 6 career tackles.

yep ! haters !

I'm not happy that he couldn't do a damn thing or the 6 tkls but I will and did consider the fact he had two issues or somewhat dings in pre-season that hindered practice time. I'll also take into account his core surgery, missed reps in practice for those 8 weeks and being too far behind at that point. I don't get all worked up if a player under-performs for a year. However, I will wait for at least 3 years before I begin a so-called final judgement or assessment. I liked what I saw from him in college and viewed his abilities as worthy of drafting.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy isn't a WLB though. He is a SLB who can kick to DE on 3rd downs.

I'm well aware of what positions VanNoy played while at BYU. I'm also aware of how Mayhew, Caldwell and Austin viewed him regarding fitting into their scheme as a SLB/SAM. I also know for a fact, because I witnessed it firsthand by watching many BYU games, that VanNoy played quite a bit of WLB and SLB while dropping into coverage from both and performed pretty damn well. I'm not saying that Mayhew, Caldwell and Austin see him as a WLB (me personally, I think Levy and Whitehead both have more initial burst for coverage than VanNoy does). They never once stated [ublicly that Whitehead was perceived as anything more than a SLB and he was placed at Mike and played average to slightly above average for his 1st year there all the while never having played MLB before. I look at it this way that both Whitehead and VanNoy need to have reps at all three LB positions during camp and see what suits each one best.

BTW, imo, it's a lot easier to go from SLB to WLB than it is for either of those two positions to move to MIKE

and Levy played more SLB at Wisky... yet he plays WLB after Schwartz tried him to play him at MLB

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best draft pick last year was Swanson. Lombardi even said so.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the above was posted on roto world
then you would know it is fact

Second-year C Travis Swanson has a firm grip on the Lions' starting center job.
He's comfortably in front of trade acquisition Manuel Ramirez, who will likely settle into a swing backup role. A 2014 third-round pick out of Arkansas, Swanson held his own as a spot starter and is now tasked with replacing stalwart C Dominic Raiola. At OTAs, Swanson has looked up to the task. "Awesome," OC Joe Lombardi said of Swanson's performance. "Awesome. He's been great. Best pick in our draft. Way better than Ebron."
Jun 12 - 10:41 PM
Source: Detroit Free Press

Bleed that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At OTAs, Swanson has looked up to the task. "Awesome," OC Joe Lombardi said of Swanson's performance. "Awesome. He's been great. Best pick in our draft. Way better than Ebron."

Bleed that.

no where in that link that you posted does Lombardi state, "Awesome. He's been great. Best pick in our draft. Way better than Ebron."

but the article does state,
Swanson has worked almost exclusively with the first-team offense at center this spring, and offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi didn't mince words Wednesday when asked how the second-year blocker has looked.
"Awesome," Lombardi said. "Awesome. He's been great."

and not 1 damn thing about "best pick in our draft. Way better than Ebron" (formerly known as e-drop, this is my add-on in parenthesis)

nice try rob :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound::pound:

just so you know, when you click on the link you posted, it comes up June 11 12:56 am and not June 12 10:41 pm

same link as you posted above Detroit Lions' Travis Swanson seizes command center job during OTAs

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go yo sleep Rob

try again tomorrow

as in on Monday

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go the extra mile and help you out Rob but the link is wrong where that quote is from..but nice job with the add-on you personally put in
Best pick in our draft. Way better than Ebron."
nowhere to be found but in rob's mind or a post of his
surely not a quote from Lombardi

1 negative for rotoworld and counting

Travis Swanson - Detroit Lions - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

He's comfortably in front of trade acquisition Manuel Ramirez, who will likely settle into a swing backup role. A 2014 third-round pick out of Arkansas, Swanson held his own as a spot starter and is now tasked with replacing stalwart C Dominic Raiola. At OTAs, Swanson has looked up to the task. "Awesome," OC Joe Lombardi said of Swanson's performance. "Awesome. He's been great." Jun 12 - 10:41 PM

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the Lions free agents to be coming up, Ansah is IMO the one guy they cannot let slip away. He's the closest thing to raw natural talent they'll ever have on the D line w Suh gone. After Ziggy, I'd say Warford then Slay in order of importance.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's comfortably in front of trade acquisition Manuel Ramirez, who will likely settle into a swing backup role. A 2014 third-round pick out of Arkansas, Swanson held his own as a spot starter and is now tasked with replacing stalwart C Dominic Raiola. At OTAs, Swanson has looked up to the task. "Awesome," OC Joe Lombardi said of Swanson's performance. "Awesome. He's been great. Best pick in our draft. Way better than Ebron. Everyone in the draft room wanted Dennard. Mayhew just starred us all down and said "Does Dennard play offense? Then shut the fuck up." And he turned in the draft card."

100% real.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft card was already in before Mayhew could spew all that

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quotes from Martin Mayhew's pre-draft press conference

On if his draft board is set: "I would say it's about 95-percent done, there's still some TE's and WR's that we're taking a look at"

On if this draft class fits the team's needs: "It certainly is a strong draft in some of the areas that we might be looking at, you can never have enough offensive weapons for Matthew. You never know how the board's going to go. One thing that I've learned from all my other numerous fuck ups is that you don't know what's going to happen, so you've got to prepare for the opportunity to make a stupid pick."

On his conversations with the team's ownership group: "There are situations where there are a few guys that I may describe to our ownership group. Both Martha and Tom are normally really drunk and Jim is off praying so its really a waste of time though. I think it's difficult to just put guys in categories and say, ‘This guy is a DUI guy or this guy is a drug guy or this guy is whatever. We like to be very careful about those situations and instead look for injured players and guys known to be fucking crazy."

On the balance of this year's draft class and how many first-round grades he has on players: "I won't go into specific numbers, but I think it's a deep draft. There are a lot of questionable players with issues that I want. I know that's been a disaster in the past but I've learned from those mistakes and won't be taking anyone we've coached at the Senior Bowl. I think there are some positions that are pretty thin, obviously the quarterback position and not a whole lot of tight ends. I'm saddened by that. There are a couple that are smart and have good hands but we aren't looking for that."
On if the loss of Suh will impact their plans: "Who?"

On if he feels pressure in his position from year to year: "I never really give that much thought, but maybe I should since I really have no skills whatsoever. Why, have you heard something?"