• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk Wide Receivers. Who do you like the best? Whose the most underrated?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's essentially the exact same size as Tyreek Hill with all the same athletic ability.

You don't think that is worth a 1st round pick?

People are so far behind the times in the NFL. Size isn't needed. The game is played is space these days. And defenses can't maul WR's like they used to. You will see way more 1st round sub 5'10" WR's in the 1st round moving forward than you will guys over 6'3". Being too big at WR often means you aren't quick enough to create separation. Long gone is the days where offenses felt good about throwing a less than 50/50 jump ball to a WR. Not when you can drag a speed guy across the field and hit him 70% of the time.

....and he just posted a 42.5" vertical. He plays bigger than he actually is. I just think a team without a ton of pressing needs later in the 1st round could view him as an instant, versatile playmaking threat.

But yeah I'm not sure that he will go 1st round or not but he is certainly in the mix with the combine results he just had.
Interesting pick? Yes, but you don't gamble a 1st on a 5"7" WR. Would I like him on my team? Yes but 3rd or 4th round.
Maybe Tampatakes him at 32 and he lights the world on fire? Noexpecting to find out that early.....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Eagles have moved down to 12, I am hoping Smith slides a little and is still there. He would be ideal for the Eagles.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated pick:

Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore...

So smooth with it.
Just going to put this right here

FBcXc7-XoAkZOOl

@SteelersPride

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Toney certainly thrust himself into the mix this weekend. Slayton losing his job, injured or not.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Ja'marr Chase did in college is pretty much unmatched. I know, i know he didn't win the Heisman. But in terms of winning 1 on 1 matchups with NFL talent he routinely won. The only question really becomes is whether or not his lack of truly elite speed matters. He'll either be the next Davante Adams, Michael Irvin, or Allen Robinson if he 'makes' it in the NFL.

Waddle is the closest thing to Tyreek Hill that we've seen since Hill. I don't think he has quite the same top end speed but its close and I don't think there is much of anyone covering him 1 on 1 down the field. Better with the ball in the open field than some of the other speed demons. I think he'd be the #2 WR in this draft if he didn't get hurt and possibly challenging for #1.

Smith's weight is an issue but he is probably the best overall talent in terms of catching, route running, speed and hands. I think his draft range is basically the same as Waddle's. Both should go top 11. Depends on what kind of QB you have and what kind of need you have imo.

Bateman's claim to fame seems to be his long arms. Nobody is going to be jamming him, he has a good catch radius, will be able to make circus catches, etc. No explosion in his game, though. Certainly not something the Chiefs would look for in a receiver but Bateman does fit the profile of a guy who usually goes in rd2 that ends up outperforming many of the players who go rd1. He would likely make/lose a lot of money at the combine if that was such a thing but I think I'd have him 4th. I do think he'll go rd1 but only because teams are getting wise to the value of a physical receiver who can run routes.

I personally don't like Kararius Toney's cutting style. Its awesome to watch but I'm not sure someone's legs and knees can hold up doing that in the NFL for a long period so if I had a draft board I would put him rd2 but I suspect he'll be the 4th or 5th WR picked. I think a team trying to draft a slot would be better off target Amon-Ra St Brown in rd2 who is more of a maxed out 5 star recruit thats ready to go day 1 and is fairly refined. Not that either WR is purely a slot but thats where they might spend a lot of their time.
Weirdly, my best post in here is the first one. Sometimes first impressions are the best impressions. Great class of WRs. Not sure 2022 is going to stack up with this one based on the 5 or 6 players I've looked at.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a Chase runaway but having burrow certainly helps:suds:

1646049971214.png

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new year new class

1646050251936.png

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Drake London as the first WR off the board. He is way more of a Tee Higgins than a J'marr Chase but I think still a good place to be as a WR prospect. He might not get the best separation but he also has the god given ability to win his contested plays.

Treylon Burks probably should be near the top. Thats a guy who plays as physical as Chase but is probably more in the mold of Demaryius Thomas. Great combo of speed, strength, size, and hands. He just isnt the most fluid athlete ever so just stick with the routes he is good at in the NFL level. Arkansas didnt have the best QB but Burks was still able to make some big plays. Early eyeball test puts him and London in the top tier imo.

Garrett Wilson has great body control and balance. He'll be able to make up for an inaccurate QB. Not sure thats the most useful trait at the NFL level but he also doesn't really have any flaws you can point out, either. Maybe he'll be a Brandon Lloyd type where he makes some really spectacular catches and has a decent career. A good combine could solidify him as the top guy but I kinda like him as a first rounder but outside of the top 10.

Jameson Williams is interesting because he is a lot stronger than most of the usual speedy WRs and he has a couple of inches in height on a lot of them. Had he not gotten hurt, I think he would've gotten drafted highly under the idea of continuing to develop his route tree because the sky is the limit on his upside. Him and George Pickens are probably guys that wont contribute right away at all but later on down the road could be great WR prospects beyond just being a 'go deep' kind of player. I think they're both intriguing but how many team can blow a high pick on a guy that probably wont do much next year? The Lions at 32? Williams seems like maybe an early rd2 while Pickens might be rd3.

Not sure I see the hype with Olave. He looks like Devonta Smith except without all of the film that made Devonta Smith special. Seems like a starter you can get in rd2 but I dont think he'll be third off the board.

Is this class so deep that Wan'dale Robinson couldn't even make the top 17? Dang. Robinson is a midget but he has excellent footwork and can get quick separation. He should probably go rd2.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Ja'marr Chase did in college is pretty much unmatched. I know, i know he didn't win the Heisman. But in terms of winning 1 on 1 matchups with NFL talent he routinely won. The only question really becomes is whether or not his lack of truly elite speed matters. He'll either be the next Davante Adams, Michael Irvin, or Allen Robinson if he 'makes' it in the NFL.

Waddle is the closest thing to Tyreek Hill that we've seen since Hill. I don't think he has quite the same top end speed but its close and I don't think there is much of anyone covering him 1 on 1 down the field. Better with the ball in the open field than some of the other speed demons. I think he'd be the #2 WR in this draft if he didn't get hurt and possibly challenging for #1.

Smith's weight is an issue but he is probably the best overall talent in terms of catching, route running, speed and hands. I think his draft range is basically the same as Waddle's. Both should go top 11. Depends on what kind of QB you have and what kind of need you have imo.

Bateman's claim to fame seems to be his long arms. Nobody is going to be jamming him, he has a good catch radius, will be able to make circus catches, etc. No explosion in his game, though. Certainly not something the Chiefs would look for in a receiver but Bateman does fit the profile of a guy who usually goes in rd2 that ends up outperforming many of the players who go rd1. He would likely make/lose a lot of money at the combine if that was such a thing but I think I'd have him 4th. I do think he'll go rd1 but only because teams are getting wise to the value of a physical receiver who can run routes.

I personally don't like Kararius Toney's cutting style. Its awesome to watch but I'm not sure someone's legs and knees can hold up doing that in the NFL for a long period so if I had a draft board I would put him rd2 but I suspect he'll be the 4th or 5th WR picked. I think a team trying to draft a slot would be better off target Amon-Ra St Brown in rd2 who is more of a maxed out 5 star recruit thats ready to go day 1 and is fairly refined. Not that either WR is purely a slot but thats where they might spend a lot of their time.
Very nice job on this analysis well ahead of draft and NFL production.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, everyone should have done they Chase analysis from the previous year. Chase and Smith also won championships within the SEC so most people should have been high on them coming out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, everyone should have done they Chase analysis from the previous year. Chase and Smith also won championships within the SEC so most people should have been high on them coming out.
Some said smith, would be significantly better