• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk Wide Receivers. Who do you like the best? Whose the most underrated?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02 on this is that Burrow is obviously better than Hurts but I do think that if the roles were reversed and Smith ended up on the Bengals and Chase on the Eagles then I think the Chiefs would've swept the Bengals. Ward really didnt do a terrible job covering Chase. Chase was just that good.

Both Chase and Ward had their best games against the Chiefs. Smith had 7 receptions on 10 targets for 122 Yards and 0 Tds mostly against Mike Hughes. Chase had 11 receptions on 12 targets for 266 Yards and 3 Tds against Charvarius Ward. Or at least I assume it was Ward because watching that game give me PTSD. I will say that Ward is a better corner than Hughes.

Devonta Smith will get what the defense gives him. Chase takes what he wants.
I think it's hard to make the swap in this scenario a 1 for 1 because on the Bengals, Smith is likely a slot. Higgins and Boyd would end up outside, and that means a totally different matchup, IMO. Where Chase is physically strong enough, and fast enough, to play the outside, Smith for the Bengals would be the guy they would use over the middle against softer coverage to utilize his short space ability.

Also have to remember, 2 of Chase's big plays were where the Safety did not get over in time to cover on the sideline route, and the missed tackle, poor angles on the come-back route where Chase made the cut and ran away from everyone.

I won't disagree that the outcome of the game(s) may have been different - but I think they would be different for other reasons other than a 1-1 swap of Chase/Smith since I don't think they would be utilized the same.

That's also not taking into consideration the fact that Burrow and Chase do not have a normal 1st year relationship...they have years in the makings already, which no doubt sped things up on the field.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to like Wan'dale Robinson. Makes guys miss with quick feet and really puts in the effort. Should be pro ready and was productive against good competition. His size, strength, and long speed all should hurt his draft stock, though. As a prospect he is somewhere in-between Tavon Austin and Amari Rodgers and thats not a good place to be. If he had more burst maybe he'd be a Tyreek Hill replacement but I dont see it.

Skyy Moore has the strength that Wan'dale doesnt and better size but he also seems to get less separation. Looks like JAG to me.

Kyle Philips out of UCLA projects well as a pure slot receiver. No long speed but seems to do everything else well. Probably rd3 for him. Fits a Hunter Refrow mold. Limited but good at what he does.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally, Mel Kiper Jr says Skyy Moore is the most underrated player in the draft at any position. I get it. He has ideal strength, arm length, hand size, etc. Don't like his inability to get separation, though. His combine speed appears to be all in the 2nd and 3rd gear. Not in the 1st gear. I might be underrating his ability to be a great slot receiver. I just dont like him on the outside.

Khalil Shakir is a 'try hard' and tiny arms. Gotta love the hustle, though. Those tiny arms will find that football no matter how inaccurate the pass. He might be a #3 WR but I could see him playing in the league for a decade.

The only knocks I have on Jalen Tolbert are his age and the school he played for. I think he is going to be good in the NFL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally, Mel Kiper Jr says Skyy Moore is the most underrated player in the draft at any position. I get it. He has ideal strength, arm length, hand size, etc. Don't like his inability to get separation, though. His combine speed appears to be all in the 2nd and 3rd gear. Not in the 1st gear. I might be underrating his ability to be a great slot receiver. I just dont like him on the outside.

Khalil Shakir is a 'try hard' and tiny arms. Gotta love the hustle, though. Those tiny arms will find that football no matter how inaccurate the pass. He might be a #3 WR but I could see him playing in the league for a decade.

The only knocks I have on Jalen Tolbert are his age and the school he played for. I think he is going to be good in the NFL.
I agree with your take on Skyy Moore and Mel wasn't even the first draft guy that got me to watch Moore game tape. Doesn't display any thing special on the field. no separation as you said. It's his measurements that has folks excited about him.
Haven't watched tape on Shakir or Tolbert yet.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your take on Skyy Moore and Mel wasn't even the first draft guy that got me to watch Moore game tape. Doesn't display any thing special on the field. no separation as you said. It's his measurements that has folks excited about him.
Haven't watched tape on Shakir or Tolbert yet.
I haven't watched a ton. With Tolbert, he has some inconsistencies that show up with awareness and hands but his team kinda stinks and his QB is often pretty terrible. Low level play can be hard to fully translate. He has long legs and he just looks like he has NFL size, strength, and speed in the open field.

He'd often look for YAC immediately after a catch which is a good sign. Both Shakir and Tolbert have some nice one-arm catches. The difference is that Tolbert can do that and keep on running while Shakir has to fall to the ground.

I will say that Chris Olave having 17LBs on Devonta Smith is interesting. Even though his tape isnt super exciting compared to Smith you'd have to think his draft stock is as good or better than Devonta Smith's from last year. Seems like he is either going to be WR1 or WR2 off the board. I dont think thats the best way to spend a top 12 pick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My WR rankings since the Chiefs care about WRs all of a sudden:

1. Garrett Wilson. Top WR in a stacked WR room at Ohio State. Still a bit raw but tons of upside. Runs good routes, gets easy separation. Legit 4.3 speed, not elite explosive but still explosive. Not great size but not lacking in size. Prototype WR prospect, albeit probably not one who will ever be top 5 in the NFL without a top 5 QB throwing to him.

2. Treylon Burks. Dominated in the SEC with a meh QB. A strong player who just shoves DBs out of the way and thats a great way to dominate in today's NFL. Excellent Yac ability. Athletic profile suggests he might be used more like Juju than a downfield player. Better athletic profile than Shenault so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

3. Drake London. Excellent hands and size. Lackluster separation although he has every move in the book to get a little bit of space. He might not be Mike Evans with big plays but he'll be Mike Evans in the red zone.

4. Chris Olave. Excellent #2 WR prospect. Just lacks plus abilities to put him in the elite category imo.

5. Jameson Williams. Crazy high upside. But he was hurt, dropped some of his weight. Might not getting anything great out of him until 2023 or 2024.

6. Alec Pierce. Probably the best deep ball WR prospect. Needs to work on pretty much everything else but size, speed and ball tracking skills are all great.

7. Christian Watson. High upside but needs to work on routes and hands. Boom or Bust with almost nothing inbetween.

8. Jalen Tolbert. He is old and his level of competition isnt great but he checks all of the boxes when it comes to size, speed, and explosiveness. Good at YAC and slants and a vertical threat.

9. Jahan Dotson. Solid #2 WR prospect. Hard to get excited about any of his traits but he plays hard.

10. George Pickens. Was an elite prospect but there just isnt any strength or explosiveness to his game. Still raw as a player, too.

11. Khalil Shakir.
12. John Metchie III.
13. Wan'dale Robinson
14. Kyle Phillips
15. Skyy Moore
16. David Bell

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Garrett Wilson. Top WR in a stacked WR room at Ohio State. Still a bit raw but tons of upside. Runs good routes, gets easy separation. Legit 4.3 speed, not elite explosive but still explosive. Not great size but not lacking in size. Prototype WR prospect, albeit probably not one who will ever be top 5 in the NFL without a top 5 QB throwing to him.

2. Treylon Burks. Dominated in the SEC with a meh QB. A strong player who just shoves DBs out of the way and thats a great way to dominate in today's NFL. Excellent Yac ability. Athletic profile suggests he might be used more like Juju than a downfield player. Better athletic profile than Shenault so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

3. Drake London. Excellent hands and size. Lackluster separation although he has every move in the book to get a little bit of space. He might not be Mike Evans with big plays but he'll be Mike Evans in the red zone.

4. Chris Olave. Excellent #2 WR prospect. Just lacks plus abilities to put him in the elite category imo.

5. Jameson Williams. Crazy high upside. But he was hurt, dropped some of his weight. Might not getting anything great out of him until 2023 or 2024.

6. Alec Pierce. Probably the best deep ball WR prospect. Needs to work on pretty much everything else but size, speed and ball tracking skills are all great.

7. Christian Watson. High upside but needs to work on routes and hands. Boom or Bust with almost nothing inbetween.

8. Jalen Tolbert. He is old and his level of competition isnt great but he checks all of the boxes when it comes to size, speed, and explosiveness. Good at YAC and slants and a vertical threat.

9. Jahan Dotson. Solid #2 WR prospect. Hard to get excited about any of his traits but he plays hard.

10. George Pickens. Was an elite prospect but there just isnt any strength or explosiveness to his game. Still raw as a player, too.

11. Khalil Shakir.
12. John Metchie III.
13. Wan'dale Robinson
14. Kyle Phillips
15. Skyy Moore
16. David Bell
Williams is the top wr in this class, IF IF IF hws the same guy. Think u ranked it right

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is the top wr in this class, IF IF IF hws the same guy. Think u ranked it right
If he is the same guy, then probably. One of his great things on tape is how gifted he is with some muscle on that speed. As such, it was someone who could put top tier potential stacked on top tier film and top tier traits.

I know Chris Simms had him as his #1 but he is more of a QB evaluator than anything else.

Imo, a lot of these guys are grouped very closely together and which teams they go to will matter more than anything

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is the same guy, then probably. One of his great things on tape is how gifted he is with some muscle on that speed. As such, it was someone who could put top tier potential stacked on top tier film and top tier traits.

I know Chris Simms had him as his #1 but he is more of a QB evaluator than anything else.

Imo, a lot of these guys are grouped very closely together and which teams they go to will matter more than anything
Yeah i agree. I think if he wasnt hear hes the consensus 1. Think deebo samuels dominance helps burks…

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

11. Khalil Shakir.
12. John Metchie III.
13. Wan'dale Robinson
14. Kyle Phillips
15. Skyy Moore
16. David Bell
I like this list. I haven't seen London enough to give a legit opinion. A lot of great WR's that came from Ohio St and Wilson has been the most impressive imo. Doesn't mean it translates to the NFL but I see him as the least risky pick, his floor seems the highest.
I would also put Burks on there but I kinda worry about injuries more. Solid #2 in this draft and stud though, I could easily see him being the best in this class.

I think Williams could be a boom or bust guy

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 7 won't be available for the Patriots at #21. I expect Bil to trade down. Bears and packers are both supposedly interested in #21.

If any of these guys are available in Round 2, I pray Bill takes one.

11 KHalil Shakir..
12. John Metchie III.
(Wants to play with Mac Jones)
13. Wan'dale Robinson
14. Kyle Phillips
15. Skyy Moore
16. David Bell

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i agree. I think if he wasnt hear hes the consensus 1. Think deebo samuels dominance helps burks…
Honestly, watching Burks the guy that helps him is Ja'marr Chase. Burks is a bully. If the league lets him be the WR version of Gronk then he is going to maul some DBs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, watching Burks the guy that helps him is Ja'marr Chase. Burks is a bully. If the league lets him be the WR version of Gronk then he is going to maul some DBs.
I just dont think burks is chase like. Hes got a big body and traits, but his end game reminds of deebo. Ill be interested to see. Hes a guy i wanna watch regardless, and would love to have.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont think burks is chase like. Hes got a big body and traits, but his end game reminds of deebo. Ill be interested to see. Hes a guy i wanna watch regardless, and would love to have.
I do see some Deebo there but there really aren't many who can stack up to Deebo.

I'm seeing a lot of 2nd round grades on Burks. I thinking if Rodgers or Mahomes gets him then people are going to regret it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see some Deebo there but there really aren't many who can stack up to Deebo.

I'm seeing a lot of 2nd round grades on Burks. I thinking if Rodgers or Mahomes gets him then people are going to regret it.
He would be disgusting with mahomes…i feel like jarvis landry is destined for green bay

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this list. I haven't seen London enough to give a legit opinion. A lot of great WR's that came from Ohio St and Wilson has been the most impressive imo. Doesn't mean it translates to the NFL but I see him as the least risky pick, his floor seems the highest.
I would also put Burks on there but I kinda worry about injuries more. Solid #2 in this draft and stud though, I could easily see him being the best in this class.

I think Williams could be a boom or bust guy
I don't know if I'd say his floor is the highest but its up there. His teammate Olave probably has the highest floor. Wilson is way more sudden with his movement, though, and sudden movement = upside.