• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Talk Linebackers: Who is the best LB in the draft? Who is under the radar?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 50 Prospects, per ESPN and CBS Sports:

Micah Parson - 6'3 - 245 pounds - Penn State
Azeez Ojulari - 6'3 - 240 pounds - Georgia
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - 6'1 - 215 pounds - Notre Dame
Zaven Collins - 6'4 - 260 pounds - Tulsa
Joseph Ossai - 6'4 - 253 pounds - Texas
Jamin Davis - 6'4 - 234 pounds - Kentucky
Nick Bolton - 6'0 - 232 pounds - Missouri
Jabril Cox - 6'3 - 229 pounds - LSU
Chazz Surratt - 6'3 - 229 pounds - North Carolina (Quarterback turned LB)

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zaven Collins is the second best LB in the draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been talking down some of the position groups but this year's LB prospects are awesome.

Parsons is a bit of a project but he should be the first off the board. Jok is almost more of a safety imo. Collins probably the best ILB. Cox is great in coverage. Davis and Bolton are Jack of all trades. Ohio State has three linebackers coming out? Great time to pick up a linebacker.

Not a huge fan of Surratt but the upside is there

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Nick Bolton... Someone's going to get a great player in the 3rd or 4th round...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons is a bigger, faster and stronger version of Devin White

I dont get how he's not a lock top 5 pick but I will be happy as hell to see Atlanta trade back to 8 or 9 and take him

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have looked at all 9 prospects ranked in the top 50 by either CBS or ESPN, and I like Bolton, Collins, and Parsons the best.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons will be off some draft boards for “off field issues” they are not out in the public purview but teams doing a deep dive into his background are not finding the “clean” background that warrants a high first round pick gamble.
I obviously do not know what they are alluding to but it did not sound good from the draft guys I listen to in Dallas could be true or total hogwash we shall see

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolton might drop a bit because he is slightly undersized and a little undisciplined. I do think he is viable in coverage but not a playmaker in coverage. I saw him cover Waddle on a play across the middle of the field and thats as bad of a mismatch as a LB can face and he was only 1 step behind him and made the tackle. I did see a play where Devonta Smith beat him pretty cleanly but the play failed for other reasons. I don't think he is going to be asked to do this at the next level.

Productive in college but could actually be a better player in the NFL where his teammates are constantly outmatched. A good example of this is in the Florida game he has a play where Toney breaks one of his tackles and runs in for a TD because no one around him could make a play. Another situation in the same game Toney does a reverse and its Toney and Bolton in the open field and Bolton takes Toney down easily. I do feel like Bolton does move well for his weight but I'm not sure he has the range to be a top tier LB in the NFL.

Bolton does play with a lot of physicality and takes good angles to make plays. 4.6 speed is plenty good to play in the middle. Always was around the action last year. He had real issues in run defense against Georgia where they would just seal him off and Mizzou had no one else to make the play. I do think if olinemen get to him that are NFL caliber then he is going to get washed out. Bolton's film is way better when he is the one attacking.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons will be off some draft boards for “off field issues” they are not out in the public purview but teams doing a deep dive into his background are not finding the “clean” background that warrants a high first round pick gamble.
I obviously do not know what they are alluding to but it did not sound good from the draft guys I listen to in Dallas could be true or total hogwash we shall see

there's some reports of hazing, but one incredible story involves him choking out a teammate and a knife somehow got into the story.
These stories are usually laughable but after the Isaiah Wilson incident with Tenn and Miami, some of these young men are not ready to be professionals nor handle large amounts of money

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's some reports of hazing, but one incredible story involves him choking out a teammate and a knife somehow got into the story.
These stories are usually laughable but after the Isaiah Wilson incident with Tenn and Miami, some of these young men are not ready to be professionals nor handle large amounts of money
His attitude about his past is questionable too.
I'm concerned he has not accepted responsibility. .....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would leak info like that???

Latest Bill Belichick GIFs | Gfycat

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles never draft linebackers, but man I am intrigued by Zaven Collins like everyone else.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His attitude about his past is questionable too.
I'm concerned he has not accepted responsibility. .....

hmmm could be another Rueben Foster, great talent coming out of Alabama
but from the combine, to the poor work ethic to messy relationships...the red flags were ignored.
on the flip side, some teams welcome young men that are slightly off, suggesting they have no fear on the football field.
I dunno, I see 4.39 and i go crazy