• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk Offensive line! Who is the best? Who is under the radar?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson Carman - G - Clemson - 6'5 - 335 pounds
Christian Darrisaw - OT - Virginia Tech - 6'5 - 314 pounds
Wyatt Davis - G - Ohio State - 6'4 - 315 pounds
Liam Eichenberg - OT - Notre Dame - 6'6 - 305 pounds
James Hudson - OT - Cincinnati - 6'5 - 330 pounds
Teven Jenkins - OT - Oklahoma State - 6'6 - 320 pounds
Alex Leatherwood (love that last name) - G - Alabama - 6'6 - 312 pounds
Jalen Mayfield - OT - Michigan - 6'5 - 320 pounds
Penei Sewell - OT - Oregon - 6'6 - 330 pounds
Rashawn Slater - OT - Northwestern - 6'4 - 315 pounds
Alijah Vera-Tucker - G/OT - USC - 6'4 - 315 pounds.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently have 7 OL going in rd1. I've seen mocks with more but I'm a little skeptical.

Landon Dickerson is under the radar a bit because he can't stay healthy. He'd be a lock to go top 20 otherwise. Instead he might drop to rd2.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently have 7 OL going in rd1. I've seen mocks with more but I'm a little skeptical.

Landon Dickerson is under the radar a bit because he can't stay healthy. He'd be a lock to go top 20 otherwise. Instead he might drop to rd2.
Wow. You'll probably be right. I'll be looking more into the OL later in the week.

I think Slater's performance against Chase Young in 2019, made him a first rounder.

Vera-Tucker is very astounding to me, in the run and pass protections.

Jenkins' pancake ability really jumps off the page for me.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy deep draft at OL. That list is only the 1st and 2nd round.

Really curious to see where Meinerz goes. We are talking about an elite level athlete at the position that looked fantastic at the Senior Bowl....but he went to a DIII school. Normally you would think 4th round. But I bet he sneaks into the 2nd. Too much good to like there.

Slater is the guy that I am hoping my Vikes at 14th. I was actually a little disappointed with how good he measured out on his pro day because he definitely came in at a size that can stick at tackle. Which means we might have a shot at him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on Hudson out of Cincinnati. Kid can flat out block. Arms are shorter than many want (33") but his lateral movement and ability to redirect rushers and move his feet are, IMO, elite. Probably still needs to add about 10lbs to help anchor a bit more for NFL linemen, but he's just scratching the surface with how good he can be. Also would be great inside as a guard in a mobile/zone blocking scheme if he added more weight.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I did want to get on record: Anyone who is mocking a draft without Sewell in a top 5 or 6 pick isn't doing it right.

I am mad at Mel Kiper today because he has Sewell falling to #9 and my Vikings trading up to get him. Just giving me false hope.

It isn't going to happen. The NFL has changed where LT isn't as critically important as it was 15 years ago. But it is still one of the more highly sought after positions.

And the only reason that draft people aren't calling Sewell the best LT prospect that we have seen for sure since Long and possibly one of the best to ever enter the draft is because he took last year off.

The way this guy can move at his size is absolutely unreal. He is 330 lbs....but if you just look at him you could easily see him adding more to his frame and not losing his agility. Dude is a generational talent at a (somewhat still) premium position.

I really, really like a lot of the OL in this draft. But anyone who takes anyone other than Sewell as the 1st OL off the board would be making a huge mistake.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I did want to get on record: Anyone who is mocking a draft without Sewell in a top 5 or 6 pick isn't doing it right.

I am mad at Mel Kiper today because he has Sewell falling to #9 and my Vikings trading up to get him. Just giving me false hope.

It isn't going to happen. The NFL has changed where LT isn't as critically important as it was 15 years ago. But it is still one of the more highly sought after positions.

And the only reason that draft people aren't calling Sewell the best LT prospect that we have seen for sure since Long and possibly one of the best to ever enter the draft is because he took last year off.

The way this guy can move at his size is absolutely unreal. He is 330 lbs....but if you just look at him you could easily see him adding more to his frame and not losing his agility. Dude is a generational talent at a (somewhat still) premium position.

I really, really like a lot of the OL in this draft. But anyone who takes anyone other than Sewell as the 1st OL off the board would be making a huge mistake.
I've been mocking him at 3 pretty much from day 1 but his draft range should be #2-#5. The fact that there are 5 draftable QBs potentially going top 10 means that the market to get the 3rd or 4th guy might not be high enough for a team to trade down from taking Sewell.

Imo, Sewell is about on par with Myles Garrett as a prospect. There are nitpicks to his game but he is going to get picked near the top. Anyone putting him lower is trying to get clicks.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy deep draft at OL. That list is only the 1st and 2nd round.

Really curious to see where Meinerz goes. We are talking about an elite level athlete at the position that looked fantastic at the Senior Bowl....but he went to a DIII school. Normally you would think 4th round. But I bet he sneaks into the 2nd. Too much good to like there.
Meinerz was one of favorites from the Senior Bowl. Was hoping maybe CHI would grab him at #52 but there’s some mocks out there that have him going earlier than that

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont see how you dont take Sewell if you are Cincy

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a sneaky good OL draft to me. A LT like Christian Darrisaw who might have been top 10 in prior years is likely available in the teens this year, and some potential day-one starters might be available in the early second round.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see how you dont take Sewell if you are Cincy
The issue isn't just about Sewell - it's about how deep this draft is at OL in general.

The Bengals have Williams at LT and he's been Solid after missing his rookie year. They signed Reiff for RT. In the grand scheme of the rest of the draft, they could draft Pitts and still grab a starting OL in round 2, such as Leatherwood or Cosmi - of which both project to be able to play guard as well. That means 3 starters on the OL are locked up for the year, 2 long(er) term, and you can worry about RT next year while still landing a potential generational talent in Pitt at WR.

I'm also really high on Hudson out of UC - who needs another year, but projects to be a long-term starter at OT as well...and he's currently mocking in the 3rd round. So, if you went that route, they'd land Pitts, Leatherwood/Cosmi, Hudson. They help solidify the line this year interior, down the road if Reiff doesn't re-sign, and still add an impact player at a skill position.

So, for me - it's not just about Sewell, but comparable options throughout the first few rounds. Will they project like Sewell, no of course not. But once you skip Pitts, there isn't another TE I'd consider taking later in the draft in rounds 2 or 3 over an OL - with that being the case, you hit where the biggest drop-off is in round 1 at TE, and land OL in round 2 or 3 where there's a dropoff, but there is still a lot of quality depth.

In all honesty, the Bengals are sitting really solid at 5. Pitts, Chase, Sewell, or Slater would all be solid picks...and if someone goes WR/OL/TE before that 5th pick, I could see any of the teams from 7-9 calling for a trade to grab a QB.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet money on the Bengals taking Jamarr Chase to reunite with Burrow. Burrow has reportedly been lobbying for the pick, too.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet money on the Bengals taking Jamarr Chase to reunite with Burrow. Burrow has reportedly been lobbying for the pick, too.
I saw that, and then saw another article that basically said - that's not true. He said he'd love to play with him again, but hasn't been actively trying to get the Bengals to draft Chase.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to extend Sewell's draft range all the way down to 7 as long as he has a good pro day. Lions are a prime 'trade down' team especially since the Dolphins traded up to get 1 pick ahead of them which signals to me that they are taking Devonta Smith or Ja'marr Chase.

The top tier OT talent from last year's draft went 4, 10, 11 and 13 respectively so its possible that Sewell drops a bit like 3 of those 4 players did. I still think Sewell is a top 3 player if you're making a big board, though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of mocks have Chase going to the Bengals and I've heard it's a lock.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldnt bet money on it....but I don't see them taking a WR. Boyd is a solid WR and the Higgins kid is really, really good. He quietly was every bit as good as Jefferson, Lamb, Claypool and the other rookies WR's that got hyped up a lot more.

If they go for a weapon, IMO it will be Pitts.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of mocks have Chase going to the Bengals and I've heard it's a lock.

The only locks this time of year are #1 or #2 overall picks. Any other "lock" later on in the draft at this time in the process is just as often as not a complete smokescreen.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would personally take Pitts if he was there if I were the Bengals.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would personally take Pitts if he was there if I were the Bengals.
I personally expect the Falcons to take Pitts, tbh