• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk Running Backs and Tights Ends in this year's draft. Who's the best? Who is under the radar?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing Penn State......then USC
I had USC...

Mike Garrett
O.J.Simpson
Charles White
Marcus Allen
Ricky Bell
Sam Cunningham
Reggie Bush
Lendale White

Penn State, hmmmm?

Lenny Moore
Franco Harris
Lydell Mitchell
Curt Warner
Gary Brown
Larry Johnson

Who am I forgetting?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had USC...

Mike Garrett
O.J.Simpson
Charles White
Marcus Allen
Ricky Bell
Sam Cunningham
Reggie Bush
Lendale White

Penn State, hmmmm?

Lenny Moore
Franco Harris
Lydell Mitchell
Curt Warner
Gary Brown
Larry Johnson

Who am I forgetting?

Barkley.....don't think there are any more......

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did know the answer USC, they had the 8, Penn State didn't, right?

Correct....you missed Barkley in your reply......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree...I'm never really on board with RB draft picks, but this guy could relieve some serious problems quickly.....good runner, good receiver and provides an outlet out of the backfield that the Steelers rarely utilized until LB......The running game is beyond ridiculous and this guy brings multiple skills.....unless a free agent is out there, I'm all on board taking this guy......
wait, which guy. i keep saying, jamaal williams, its not sexy, but guy can play, i all facets

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you mentioned Penn State not me, I was talking about USC, ok?

I know, was just busting.....that's why the >>>> : > )

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, really, really interested to see the Mar 19 pro day for Gainwell to see what he did with his year off. He comes in 205+ with a still respectable 40 and you could see him rocket up the boards. One of the better receiving RB’s coming out I have ever seen.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Rountree puts his foot in the ground and he is at full speed almost immediately. Probably a middling 40 time but probably excellent 10 yd split and Vert. He plays with good strength but not evasive at an NFL level. He does have some potential as a receiver that Mizzou never really explored but that is going to have to be developed. Probably a rd4-rd5 pick that could fit into a Darrel Williams kind of role but probably do it a little better. By my count, Roundtree scored 14 of Mizzou's 30 offensive TDs last year so he was 'the guy' around the goal line and all of those TDs were rushing TDs. I think thats his niche in the NFL.

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Rountree puts his foot in the ground and he is at full speed almost immediately. Probably a middling 40 time but probably excellent 10 yd split and Vert. He plays with good strength but not evasive at an NFL level. He does have some potential as a receiver that Mizzou never really explored but that is going to have to be developed. Probably a rd4-rd5 pick that could fit into a Darrel Williams kind of role but probably do it a little better. By my count, Roundtree scored 14 of Mizzou's 30 offensive TDs last year so he was 'the guy' around the goal line and all of those TDs were rushing TDs. I think thats his niche in the NFL.
Im a fan.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javonte Williams is going to be the best of the RB bunch, and he should be available in R2, which is as high as I think any RB should be taken.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javonte Williams is going to be the best of the RB bunch, and he should be available in R2, which is as high as I think any RB should be taken.
Im on board. Williams has tons of hype.I still have some love for larry roundtree and kylin hill in value picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the best runner in the draft, for sure, imo.

I think you'll see ETN, Harris, and Williams all go within a couple of picks of each other. They'll drop but when teams start taking them then I think you'll see teams trade to get them. RBs don't have any value but teams also really need them.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Derrick Henry in high school video is funny, if ever a man vs boys there it is. Then there is the Noel Devine video which is a must see.

Anyway...

Harris has that size/speed combo which is what Jonathan Taylor has, as we know he had a slow start but came on ending up third in the NFL in rushing averaging 5 yards a carry, that kind of RB is what ya need in todays game, size/speed. Taylor a second round pick which is where ya start thinking running backs, but do doubt Harris lasts that long.

Alabama went years without producing running backs, then all of sudden here they came. Strange deal with Trent Richardson.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Najee is 23 years old.

That's really damn old for an RB just starting out to cost a 1st rounder.