• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's Make AJ Wish he'd never have left.........3 in SD

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using Tolleson here is just stupid. If we do make a deep post season run he's going to be gassed.

Agreed. If anything, he needs some rest. A week off (lets call it 4 days) would do wonders. Especially with a deeper bench....give the guy a night off.

Here that offense? Ya need to step up and beat the opposition by 5+ runs for about a week.

In a perfect world, Luke Jackson would have started the 9th (with Tolleson warming if things went south)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world, Luke Jackson would have started the 9th (with Tolleson warming if things went south)

Hadn't thought of this, but like the idea really.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like how are LHers have been pitching more than our RHers. Also, no need to drop and extra starter in and water down the rotation. Holland and Perez are fresh and pitchers should be okay pitching every 5th day.

No alterations: The Rangers will not alter the front end of their rotation following Thursday’s off day. Lefty Martin Perez will start Friday at Los Angeles and will be followed by Derek Holland, who threw 116 pitches in his shutout of Baltimore on Sunday, and then Colby Lewis. All three will be pitching on one extra day of rest.

Holland’s pitch count was his highest since 119 on July 19, 2013. Lewis has struggled in his last two outings. Manager Jeff Banister left open the possibility the Rangers, who begin a stretch of 17 consecutive days without a day off with the start of the Anaheim series, could drop an extra starter in the mix sometime during the long stretch.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Seattle rests King Felix against Houston but will pitch him against us. I hope we beat the living daylights out of the Mariners.

Briefly: If rotations hold, the Rangers will face both Hisashi Iwakuma and Felix Hernandez in Seattle next week. When the series is over, they will have seven games against the Iwakuma-Hernandez duo. The Seattle pitchers are a combined 5-0 with a 2.60 ERA against Texas this year. Houston has faced the two pitchers a total of two times this season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Seattle rests King Felix against Houston but will pitch him against us. I hope we beat the living daylights out of the Mariners.

Briefly: If rotations hold, the Rangers will face both Hisashi Iwakuma and Felix Hernandez in Seattle next week. When the series is over, they will have seven games against the Iwakuma-Hernandez duo. The Seattle pitchers are a combined 5-0 with a 2.60 ERA against Texas this year. Houston has faced the two pitchers a total of two times this season.

Gotta beat those guys if we are gonna make something happen in the division. We also will need to beat the Astros head to head, aside from Nightcrawler's take on the Astros, if we win series against them we have a chance to overtake them. We control our own destiny, if we lose series to them we got very little chance

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta beat those guys if we are gonna make something happen in the division. We also will need to beat the Astros head to head, aside from Nightcrawler's take on the Astros, if we win series against them we have a chance to overtake them. We control our own destiny, if we lose series to them we got very little chance
After tonight it is all AL West except a 3 game series at home against Detroit. So we definitely are in control of our own destiny.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of 3 and on to the angels
With you all the way on that. And we need to at least take 2 out of 3 against the Angels. We need to keep winning each series. I hope Perez and Holland are really on their game in LA. Colby too but he has struggled the last couple of game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the A's scored 3 in the bottom of the 1st

True.....And damn-it-to-hell if the Angles didn't come back in 2 more in the 2nd. Sonny is gonna want to forget this one pretty quick.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.....And damn-it-to-hell if the Angles didn't come back in 2 more in the 2nd. Sonny is gonna want to forget this one pretty quick.

meant to say....."come back and get 2 more in the 2nd"......regardless, it isn't what we're hoping for so far.

Perhaps it's unfair for us Ranger fans to want the A's to assist us when we, collectively, don't have a good word to say about those A-holes.

Last edited:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here-here.....And wouldn't ya know it? The Angels jumped Sonny Gray for 4 in the 1st.

Sonny hasn't been the same since his bout with the food poisoning or virus or whatever it was around the ASB

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny hasn't been the same since his bout with the food poisoning or virus or whatever it was around the ASB
Reminds me of a few years back when Derek got sick and wasn't the same for a couple of months. I think Derek lost 20 pounds or more.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. I did not know the food poisoning thing so I wondered why he had struggled lately.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of a few years back when Derek got sick and wasn't the same for a couple of months. I think Derek lost 20 pounds or more.

Ironical of you to bring this up.....Have you noticed how Holland looks to be in excellent shape, but appears to be much bigger now than two years ago? Maybe it's just me, but his frame just looks larger.

I see him in the dugout, and damn if he doesn't look stout, no matter who he's standing next too.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironical of you to bring this up.....Have you noticed how Holland looks to be in excellent shape, but appears to be much bigger now than two years ago? Maybe it's just me, but his frame just looks larger.

I see him in the dugout, and damn if he doesn't look stout, no matter who he's standing next too.
I noticed that myself in his last start.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the lineups on ESPN, it shows Gallo starting in left tonight.