• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Make A Deal

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:One more week in June, the Dodgers going back to San Diego for 4 against the Padres before going home against the Giants and Phillies. 8 games behind the Diamondbacks in a division no one team looks to control. July starts the trade deadline process, who goes, who stays and who comes to the Dodgers? We can run this through July and hopefully the cellar is far behind the Dodgers at that point. Is Crawford or Ethier dealt? Is Cruz sent packing for a future 3rd baseman? Is that quality 5th starter ie Norris, Garza coming to Chavez? Lots of questions, any thoughts on what happens?:noidea:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Is Crawford or Ethier dealt? YES probably both[/B] Is Cruz sent packing for a future 3rd baseman? NO, not Cruz but we will see a package for a young 3B (Ethier for Middlebrooks?) Is that quality 5th starter ie Norris, Garza coming to Chavez? YES probably some guy owed lots of money like Garza or Peavy

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time the trade deadline arrives, the Dodgers will probably be looking at next season. With the spectacular arrival of Puig, one would expect Ethier or Crawford to be traded. Obviously the Dodgers need help in the pitching department, so a pitcher will probably be acquired as well as a 3B or SS (with Ramirez moving to 3B).

Trade prospects might include Belisario, League, and the proverbial minor league prospect, in addition to Ethier or Crawford.

I am hopeful the Dodgers make a run at Robinson Cano next off-season. That would make for a pretty strong infield if the Dodgers were also able to fill 3B/SS.

Right now the Dodgers need to finalize an extension for Kershaw. That should be their first priority.

I'd also like to see the Dodgers retain Davey Lopes and let Mattingly and the rest of the coaches go. This team needs a new direction with a manager who will simply not settle for the crap we've seen this season.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: A lot has changed since I started this thread, The Dodgers are winning now, they have a closer and a bullpen that is getting better, they are healthy and starting to hit.:yahoo:It is now the 1st of July and now only 4 games back in a division that we could win, what should happen? I have some thoughts, like most of you, I am sure, most won't happen but should.:lol:

Crawford is coming back, 4 outfielders, that isn't going to work and keep all happy and productive so trade either Crawford or Ethier, Van Slyke and maybe even Zack Lee for some of the following.:noidea:

Yovani Gallardo, SP Brewers
Jeff Samardzija, SP Cubs
Matt Garza SP, Cubs
Bud Morris, SP Astros
Lucas Harrell, SP Astros
Ervin Santana, SP Royans

All may be on the block, there are a few more that might work but not as well like Ricky Nolasco of the Marlins to name one.

The other problem the Dodgers have is a quality everyday killer at 3rd or 2nd. OK Uribe has been OK, Hairston works as well, Mark Ellis has done OK at 2nd but we all know they are weak spots. If I learned anything watching the Dodgers this weekend, there are two players we could get and help us.

Michael Young 3rd Phillies
Chase Utley 2nd Phillies

It is already been reported the Phillies are sellers and know the playoffs are not in the cards this season. Utley walks after the season and Young is money they could get off the books.

There are more guys out there, let me know who I missed and why, I think were going to make a move here guys at a trading partner and the West Division.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a flyer on any of the pitchers you mentioned, including Nolasco, who is headed somewhere this week, probably.

Michael Young would be a nice fit at 3B. I don't see the Dodgers going after Utley as I believe they are going to make a play for Robinson Cano next off season. Also, I don't believe the Phillies find it "politically correct" to trade Utley.

I'm reading that the Dodgers are close to trading for Carlos Marmol. Is Colletti f****** crazy? :wtf2: Marmol is another version of Brandon League. If that deal happens I'll be convinced that Colletti needs serious therapy and a one way ticket out of town. I know there are better RP trade candidates out there than Marmol. I'm amazed Colletti has even considered it.

NED...........PAY ATTENTION!!!! WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?????