• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Go Camping 2014: Chiefs Training Camp Thread

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio yesterday....that the NFL was going to crack down on holding and PI....with KC`s weak secondary this could be bad for them.

I like offense games way better....just not against the Chiefs :-)

Hopefully Eric Berry at FS and Abdullah at the Spur helps clean up the mess that was our safeties last year. CB's remain intriguing yet concerning.

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Eric Berry at FS and Abdullah at the Spur helps clean up the mess that was our safeties last year. CB's remain intriguing yet concerning.
I have always liked Berry, and was happy when KC drafted him......I don`t know how good he is at pass coverages, eems like he lets guys get behind him a lot, but I really like him as a safety.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked Berry, and was happy when KC drafted him......I don`t know how good he is at pass coverages, eems like he lets guys get behind him a lot, but I really like him as a safety.

me too. 3rd season(i believe), so i DO hope he's been working on his pass coverage skills...

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too. 3rd season(i believe), so i DO hope he's been working on his pass coverage skills...
he has been great at coming up and stopping the run, and open field tackles, but nothing special on pass coverage.....still the best KC has in the secondary though, I think.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seemed to me most metrics thought pretty well of him for the most part. PFF didn't put him in the elite category for shits and giggles I don't think. I hardly recall any TE's doing damage in the first 9 games last season. Would be interesting if they switched Eric's role a bit.

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed to me most metrics thought pretty well of him for the most part. PFF didn't put him in the elite category for shits and giggles I don't think. I hardly recall any TE's doing damage in the first 9 games last season. Would be interesting if they switched Eric's role a bit.
since he has been with KC....guys have got past him....he is sneaking up looking for the run or short pass.....whether he is playing zone or man coverage.

I of course never saw that watching a game.....but if was pointed out clearly on one of those NFL tape break down shows a couple years ago.....as far as game watching....I would just him getting beat....that show pointed out he was getting beat due to sneaking up and not playing his position right.

I like Berry, and think he is a great safety....and all KC has.....I was just pointing out what was pointed out on game film.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since he has been with KC....guys have got past him....he is sneaking up looking for the run or short pass.....whether he is playing zone or man coverage.

I of course never saw that watching a game.....but if was pointed out clearly on one of those NFL tape break down shows a couple years ago.....as far as game watching....I would just him getting beat....that show pointed out he was getting beat due to sneaking up and not playing his position right.

I like Berry, and think he is a great safety....and all KC has.....I was just pointing out what was pointed out on game film.

lol, man i miss having Woods and Tongue back at safety, don't you fellas...?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

btw, probably a lot of that comes from how he's reading offenses. course that's just a guess on my part...

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, probably a lot of that comes from how he's reading offenses. course that's just a guess on my part...
that is something they said on the show where they pointed that out....young aggressive guys tend to do that....jump foward looking to tackle a run...and get busted for a long pass they should have been zone covering.

He does that at times, but Berry is still the best KC has in the secondary I think.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is something they said on the show where they pointed that out....young aggressive guys tend to do that....jump foward looking to tackle a run...and get busted for a long pass they should have been zone covering.

He does that at times, but Berry is still the best KC has in the secondary I think.

btw, can we just trade Bowe-nhead now and keep this clown away? the guy just can't seem to do enough stupid...:L

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k, after seeing how things went for the first team tonight i'm not feeling good about how the season's gonna go...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k, after seeing how things went for the first team tonight i'm not feeling good about how the season's gonna go...

Smith didn't play well tonight, but look at these:

whWaWx7.gif

R9SlwEl.gif

huogNdh.gif

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this doesn't count him running to avoid some of those type plays. Yes, he does hold onto the ball too long sometimes.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this doesn't count him running to avoid some of those type plays. Yes, he does hold onto the ball too long sometimes.

that coupled with the o-line trying to gel and there's gonna be problems. too many guys are getting beat off the ball...

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Allen is awful, and I hope Mays isn't out long he's a solid player.

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, can we just trade Bowe-nhead now and keep this clown away? the guy just can't seem to do enough stupid...:L
I like that...Bowe-nhead...well played sir!

I hated when KC gave him the big contract...they should have traded his ass away then. There was talk of the Pats wanting him....sad thing is...he is the best WR KC has, how sorry is that!