• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets be real, You happy with the last game?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about just not letting him give input what drafting OL.

I'm all for Cable not having a single input. It's time for the FO to really spend a couple of high picks on real o-line guys.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line was pretty awful last night and I'm sure Cable probably spent the morning in Pete's office getting ripped a new one. At least I hope so.

The game itself ended up being way closer than it should have. 3 turnovers made that possible. Especially the last two late in the game (which are really on the Oline). The defense was suffocating and only allowed a FG, plus they bailed us out in the end when Kam did his best Superman impersonation and punched the ball out of Megatron's arms. But overall I felt like we were in control of the game all the way but we kept screwing ourselves out of scoring TD's. The one drive where we were 1st and goal comes to mind, because three plays later we kicking a 50 yard FG. That's the kind of stuff they need to clean up on offense.

On the plus side Wilson turned in a pretty solid game complete with about 4 or 5 Houdiniesque escapes. He fumbled twice, but like I said the Oline should be at least half to blame for those or maybe more.

Cincy is going to be very tough. Won't be surprised if we're 2-3 after that one.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had redzone problems since bevell got here. If he cant score tds with jimmy graham on the field he needs to gtfo.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line was pretty awful last night and I'm sure Cable probably spent the morning in Pete's office getting ripped a new one. At least I hope so.

The game itself ended up being way closer than it should have. 3 turnovers made that possible. Especially the last two late in the game (which are really on the Oline). The defense was suffocating and only allowed a FG, plus they bailed us out in the end when Kam did his best Superman impersonation and punched the ball out of Megatron's arms. But overall I felt like we were in control of the game all the way but we kept screwing ourselves out of scoring TD's. The one drive where we were 1st and goal comes to mind, because three plays later we kicking a 50 yard FG. That's the kind of stuff they need to clean up on offense.

On the plus side Wilson turned in a pretty solid game complete with about 4 or 5 Houdiniesque escapes. He fumbled twice, but like I said the Oline should be at least half to blame for those or maybe more.

Cincy is going to be very tough. Won't be surprised if we're 2-3 after that one.

That was a game I felt like we had total control of, especially defensively, but like you said the turn-overs gave Detroit life... Our D gave up 3 points and we almost lost... It was ridiculous ... Our offense did everything they could last night to lose that game.... We have to clean up some stuff for sure...

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson's 2nd fumble is pretty much all on him. He called out the blitz and still held the ball way too long.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I got this upset after a win, I think I would take a break from being a fan. I bet you are MISERABLE to watch the game with.
and he is not the only one on this site.
I have friends who are the same way and whenever I watch a game with them, it is a total chore and no fun hanging with them.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be fine with that had say Okung improved under his coaching. He has not. Okungs best season if it wasn't for injury was his Rookie season, he has NOT improved as a blocker and has actually regressed. Yeah Cable might be able to make Defensive linemen better blockers but he can not make actual Olinemen better blockers.
Think for just a moment on how many years Okung has been taught on when to launch regarding the snap count.
Possibly as far back as Junior High?
I'm sure Okung played on the OL in High School.
And same for College.
The snap count is announced in the huddle, about 20 seconds before the hike.
So, for at least 12 years Okung has heard about snap counts and still can figure it out.
It must be all of his coach's fault.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's 2nd fumble is pretty much all on him. He called out the blitz and still held the ball way too long.

Fair enough, but our screen door Oline sure didn't give any help even though Wilson called it out. I'll change that one to 80% RW and 20% Oline.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think for just a moment on how many years Okung has been taught on when to launch regarding the snap count.
Possibly as far back as Junior High?
I'm sure Okung played on the OL in High School.
And same for College.
The snap count is announced in the huddle, about 20 seconds before the hike.
So, for at least 12 years Okung has heard about snap counts and still can figure it out.
It must be all of his coach's fault.

What is your suggestion on fixing the OL then? This line us 100% tom cables. His guys, his coaching, his scheme. 6 years and basically nothing to show for it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestions don't count.
Pete and JC must cut corners in some areas and it is clear the offense gets the short stick on this team. In particular, the OL gets the least love.
That is the lot that we are stuck with.
Cable has to make shinola out of shit. That is the pure business side of it.
Or, who do you not sign so you can keep Giac and Carp, or maybe add Mathis? Wags? Wright?
Looking at our success since Pete and JS got here, I am good with the way things are. It is not complacency. It is an understanding of give and take and that things go in cycles.
I do believe that with patience, the OL will improve because of their youth.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but our screen door Oline sure didn't give any help even though Wilson called it out. I'll change that one to 80% RW and 20% Oline.

Don't want to take away from your overall point though. I'm as fed up with this disaster as anyone.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your suggestion on fixing the OL then? This line us 100% tom cables. His guys, his coaching, his scheme. 6 years and basically nothing to show for it.
Nothing?
This OL has been in back to back Super Bowls winning one. I wont bore us with how many wins we have, but your contempt of both Cable and Bevell through the best run we have ever had with less than average resources is well noted.