• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets be real, You happy with the last game?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the "Russell holds it too long" crowd: sure, if he gets rid of it sooner then we may see fewer sacks, but we'll probably also see more turnovers and more hits on him when he's in a vulnerable position. We may also see fewer scrambling plays and big gains when he's on the perimeter. Some times by "fixing" something you create some problems that are worse than the one you were focused on.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are improving every game. Our staff and players have been raided the last 2 years. There are many new faces at new positions. It will take a little time to gel.
Patience is a virtue.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I told my son last night that even though we beat the bears 26-0 there would still be Hawk's fans that weren't satisfied. And here we are. lol.

I say relax. 26-0 was awesome. Our defense pitched a shutout. I don't care if it was the Bears it's hard to shutout any NFL team. They punted all ten times they had the ball and we only allowed one first down in the entire second half. On offense we put up 371 yards and put points up on 5 different drives. Some more TD's would have been nice but they played smart football by taking the points that were given to them and not trying to force things. Why should they not settle for FG's when the defense was playing so well? Rawls looked great, Lockett did what Lockett is supposed to do. Wilson had a efficient day (101 QB rating), Graham was used heavily and scored. No one was seriously hurt (unless Mebane and Lynch are worse than I know). So turn that frown upside up down little camper, it was a good day.

Agree with almost everything here. The second half was what I expected to see all day, though. The offense sleep walks through the first half. Good teams aren't going to let you get away with that.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the "Russell holds it too long" crowd: sure, if he gets rid of it sooner then we may see fewer sacks, but we'll probably also see more turnovers and more hits on him when he's in a vulnerable position. We may also see fewer scrambling plays and big gains when he's on the perimeter. Some times by "fixing" something you create some problems that are worse than the one you were focused on.

He held onto the ball for almost 7 seconds on one play... That's what I was referring to... RW isn't perfect and he makes poor decisions at times that does not help our OL... He does leave the pocket way too early for my liking at times which makes the OL appear worse than they are imo... Too many fans tend to give RW a pass but I honestly believe his height hinders him in the pocket at times, causing him to leave the pocket early so he can get a better view downfield...,

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I took away that is positive is that our defense looked great out there they seem confident and working like a solid unit again.

now this offense phucking sucks its sad that we brought in jimmy graham thinking that his offense was going to fly but here we are worst than last season, marshawn hasnt gotten it going mostly from this weak oline. The only reason why Rawls got his 100 yards on the ground is because the bears didnt gameplan for him and probably gave up somewhere in the third quarter because they know the offense wasnt going to score. Hopefully with these winnable games coming up the offense will catch some rhythm

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy with the win but it was the Bears with a second string QB. Yes, we have been raided for coaches and players but that is part of the deal. You would expect after this long , Pete and John would have built a decent line by now. But every season it is a weakness.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He held onto the ball for almost 7 seconds on one play... That's what I was referring to... RW isn't perfect and he makes poor decisions at times that does not help our OL... He does leave the pocket way too early for my liking at times which makes the OL appear worse than they are imo... Too many fans tend to give RW a pass but I honestly believe his height hinders him in the pocket at times, causing him to leave the pocket early so he can get a better view downfield...,

RW is far from perfect but I really don't see what you are saying, AO. I'm sure there are times where he holds the ball longer than he should. Happens to every QB. I have never seen him hold onto the ball for 7 seconds unless he's running for his life.

Of course sometimes the line does its job and RW does hold on too long. Sometimes because he can't see anything open and sometimes because nothing is open.

I am almost stunned that the height thing is still something that is discussed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so what's your bottom line? He should just chuck it and cross fingers? Throw it away sooner?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW is far from perfect but I really don't see what you are saying, AO. I'm sure there are times where he holds the ball longer than he should. Happens to every QB. I have never seen him hold onto the ball for 7 seconds unless he's running for his life.

Of course sometimes the line does its job and RW does hold on too long. Sometimes because he can't see anything open and sometimes because nothing is open.

I am almost stunned that the height thing is still something that is discussed.

He holds it because our WR's are not world beaters. Our guys don't get separation as fast as the premier receivers in the NFL. If our guys are blanketed then RW ends up ad-libbing until someone comes open. It's one his best strengths. Some guys like Cutler or Kaep, or even Luck don't have the patience to wait (or they can't because of pressure) so they end up throwing to guys who are covered and ultimately end up throwing way more interceptions. I prefer Wilson's method. I don't care if he holds the ball a little longer than some QB's. It works.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Wilson's height is still an issue. He's roughly the same height as Brees and he seems to have done OK.

Our O-line: Okung 6'5", Britt 6'6", Nowak 6'3", Sweezy 6'5", and Gilliam 6'5". How many NFL QB's will be able to "see over" that? Even if Wilson was 3 or 4 inches taller he'd still see no better behind those monsters or the huge D-lineman with their arms up as they rush. Height isn't a problem in my opinion. As long as there are lanes to look through and receivers are getting separation Wilson will hit them.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was watching the coaches film on the most frustrating sack of the Bears game and either Kearse or Baldwin was just about to clear his guy over the middle for a potential huge gain but the rush just got to him. I was cussing for him to get rid of it when I was watching it live but he was setting his feet trying to make a play. I can't really fault him on that. Maybe if it's Lockett running that route instead he clears quicker and Wilson completes it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. I'm Pissed off.

Yes we won the game and we got the shutout but that is not the reason

OUR FUCKING OL AND THE ISSUES THAT DON"T SEEM TO GET FUCKING FIXED is the reason

The bears had 0 sacks coming in and 4 coming out. That speaks volumes to me

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Only up 6-0 at halftime against Clausen and the terrible Bears on a home opener? 19 points against the Bears (kick return isn't the same) with Sherman running a 60+ yarder back to boot? So basically take away the STEAMS play and we win 16-0...... that's pretty pathetic against the Bears. Our offensive line is atrocious.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the first half showed that the OL and the whole offense was a work in progress. The second half should give us hope. It was better. Think most of us expected the OL to struggle early on, but figured the Seahawks could over come it. Well it didn't happen the first two games, but you can see progress and that's what matters. The next game, hopefully we see more progress and another win. The Lions board might decide to nuke their board if that happens, pretty close to it already.:D

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been a bigger blow out if Chicago didn't play so conservative. They basically conceded, had they opened it up offensively and tried to win, it's probably 40-0.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been a bigger blow out if Chicago didn't play so conservative. They basically conceded, had they opened it up offensively and tried to win, it's probably 40-0.
They really did concede. They just tried to keep it from a total blowout. Still hated to see them able to run behind that Jumbo package, kind of reminded me of what the Packers did in the fail Mary game. They came out out with the jumbo package and ran the ball also. I'd like to see adjustments made much earlier to this package.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really did concede. They just tried to keep it from a total blowout. Still hated to see them able to run behind that Jumbo package, kind of reminded me of what the Packers did in the fail Mary game. They came out out with the jumbo package and ran the ball also. I'd like to see adjustments made much earlier to this package.

The jumbo package allowed them to break a couple runs, but as the field got shorter they did nothing. That gameplan was pretty much the concession, sure it will get a first down from your own 20 but you can't move all the way down the field like that.

How many times did the Bears cross midfield? They had 10 drives, 7 first downs, and 111 total yards of offense. It was an asswhiping. It's funny, because if it was a high powered offense that whipped up on some hapless defense, everyone would be drooling over the performance.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jumbo package allowed them to break a couple runs, but as the field got shorter they did nothing. That gameplan was pretty much the concession, sure it will get a first down from your own 20 but you can't move all the way down the field like that.

How many times did the Bears cross midfield? They had 10 drives, 7 first downs, and 111 total yards of offense.
Yup, but it's aggravating to see a team come out with that package and still run the ball. Damn everyone knows a run is coming. Surely there is a defensive package to stop that...use it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just curious: of the "I'm not happy" crowd, would you have been more satisfied with a 26 point win with more offensive and slightly worse defense, or is it more that we should have won by greater than 26 points? Would 40-14 get you to call off the dogs, even if that included 2 TDs on our 1st team D?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, but it's aggravating to see a team come out with that package and still run the ball. Damn everyone knows a run is coming. Surely there is a defensive package to stop that...use it.

Against a GL package like that you have sell out to to stop any runs (go big, run blitz, etc.), and they're not going to sell out with 80 yards of field. It's just not necessary. As the field gets shorter, the odds decrease because the of the defensive speed.