• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Let The Games Begin.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP Crawford leading off is paying off pretty good right now
Shed Long starting to feel the heat of the stroke of Lopes all week so that has motivated his AB's
Mallex Smith is still a wasted roster spot to me

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what about all the media hype about the Angels being big movers and shakers during the off season, this team doesn't look very impressive to me at all.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what about all the media hype about the Angels being big movers and shakers during the off season, this team doesn't look very impressive to me at all.

Consistently overrated. The media heads desperately want Trouts team to be relevant. Their bullpen looks Mariners bad tho

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sick of I am as seeing Altavilla still around, I have no idea how Ohtani hit that pitch for a home run.

I dont think I have ever seen a left handed hitter take an inside pitch and hit a homer to left center. Just ridiculous power

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sick of I am as seeing Altavilla still around, I have no idea how Ohtani hit that pitch for a home run.

I dont think I have ever seen a left handed hitter take an inside pitch and hit a homer to left center. Just ridiculous power

I thought the one he hit on Wednesday night was just as impressive, that one down and inside ( looked like it was 6" off the ground) and he went down and dug it out in a five iron shot.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the one he hit on Wednesday night was just as impressive, that one down and inside ( looked like it was 6" off the ground) and he went down and dug it out in a five iron shot.
yea that one was impressive too. As much I want to be salty about how that situation played out, guy has some impressive power. No idea how his pitching will pan out though. When he's at his best he's dynamic but give what happened the last start, either his arm isnt right or he's not mentally over his injury yet.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea that one was impressive too. As much I want to be salty about how that situation played out, guy has some impressive power. No idea how his pitching will pan out though. When he's at his best he's dynamic but give what happened the last start, either his arm isnt right or he's not mentally over his injury yet.

His at bats sometimes look like he's lost at the plate and is not seeing the ball, clearly that was a ploy for his late inning bombs...

I haven't seen him pitch yet. Sometimes I think they really over hype the Japanese, China, players...

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His feet were barely planted in the ground, swung all arms....tremendous power and the ball is lively as ever......

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His feet were barely planted in the ground, swung all arms....tremendous power and the ball is lively as ever......

I agree the balls must be juiced again, I mean how else do you explain the Detroit Tigers leading the league in homeruns, they are rebuild for gods sake...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also something to consider is he was doing good against our pitching, but like is that really an accomplishment

Sure, I get that argument which is valid. But then what would your argument be to him only facing pitchers that couldn’t make the big league roster? All I’m saying is I can’t think of one legitimate reason (besides poor ass management IMO) that he isn’t allowed to be playing on the big club.

Kelenic will be the opening day starting CF in the 2021 season, so why in a glorified Spring Training is the club having Kyle Lewis go through an entire year in CF instead of LF like his position will be in the future?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I get that argument which is valid. But then what would your argument be to him only facing pitchers that couldn’t make the big league roster? All I’m saying is I can’t think of one legitimate reason (besides poor ass management IMO) that he isn’t allowed to be playing on the big club.

Kelenic will be the opening day starting CF in the 2021 season, so why in a glorified Spring Training is the club having Kyle Lewis go through an entire year in CF instead of LF like his position will be in the future?
My comment was more so a joke tbh, Im fine with either option really, bring him up to bigs and I understand the reason, keep him down I understand.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 4 walker has been pitching really well, keep it up.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time we did something. Now Walker just needs to keep pounding the A's.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker is straight dominating out there tonight

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trading Kyle Lewis when we were fake contenders was the best move ever

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Walker killing it tonight- the dude's been lights out through 7 :thumb:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be really pissed if Walker doesn't get a W for this game. :gaah:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was more so a joke tbh, Im fine with either option really, bring him up to bigs and I understand the reason, keep him down I understand.

My point has been, this season he would’ve started in AA then move up AAA then a late August early September call. He more than proved through Summer Camp he could hang. Along with there is no personal growth playing BP and drills against the same players for the months they are playing. My main thing with Kelenic is we were on the team he would be getting advantages of facing big league pitchers once through the order then scrub bullpen arms up until the set up guy a closer. As well Lewis is the penciled in the LF in 2021 but if he does well enough they might say just keep him there and move Kelenic to left which totally goes against the rebuilding process.

Without Kelenic but looking for the future then Lewis should in LF, Smith and Gordon in CF, then whoever in RF. I’m not in Jerry’s head but Bavasi and Jack Z played musical chairs with Choo and Adam Jones and both were MLB bats but were low level minor leaguers in the field.

I give them credit for not calling Gilbert or Raleigh up just because they are better overall players than what they have as a back end SP and backup catcher. Kelenic is in a different category with his high 5 tools skills, confidence in himself and he small sample size of only having short slumps. And with Fraley and Bishop floundered in summer camp. I just do not see a reason for him not to playing. The Mariners just bought out Evan White’s arbitration so it’s not like can’t do that with Kelenic.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few thoughts from the first few series. The Mariners cannot make errors, every time it happens a big inning follows. I hate the utility position but dude could have role on the team if Haniger ever comes back and if not he has roll for next year. JP Crawford has pleasantly surprised because that is a position that will need to addressed this winter whether it is him or Marte. It is a jacked up season so it is hard to really grade the pitching staff even though Marco and Walker have put up a couple of nice outings if there defense backed them up. And bullpen? Who knows.