• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let me just say this...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there will be a growing period with this coaching staff. What we see from the get go is what we're going to get throughout Riley's tenure.

This staff has all the experience possible. Either we're going to be great from the get-go, or we're going to be average. Either way, we're going to continue on to be exactly the same as however we look right off the bat against BYU.

I'll bet you money on this. We beat BYU impressively, things are going to be fun.

There just isn't a growing period with a staff like this. They are who they are already.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is still a period of getting his own players in and implementing the system.

its a process

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a growing period with the players, JJM.

A few weeks in March/April and a few more in August is not sufficient for that growing period.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen. I have drank a lot of tequila tonight, and I am ready to let you guys know that RILEY and staff are ready to go.....and they will be just who they are.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for cap lock. My phone does that sometimes

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen. I have drank a lot of tequila tonight, and I am ready to let you guys know that RILEY and staff are ready to go.....and they will be just who they are.

Nice?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this sure was a drunk post

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only road block I see is Mich st. Both team will be undefeated. Mich st could be the number one team in the nation when we play them.

Also Nebraska is only six games behind texass in all time wins

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. with so much experience, there is going to be a lot of things these guys can do and i highly doubt they have even a quarter of that stuff in place for BYU. plus they'll be looking at film and actually install some stuff that works against the opponent or at least attempt some stuff that they haven't done before. jmo

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Riley is going to be the guy to bring back the Huskers. He's a players' coach and well liked, but he's not first tier.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Riley is going to be the guy to bring back the Huskers. He's a players' coach and well liked, but he's not first tier.

So what kind of coach CAN bring Nebraska back to elite status in your opinion?

I think there's a majority out there who thinks Nebraska's glory days are over. That It wouldn't matter if you brought Urban Meyer here, they couldn't possibly become the world beaters they once were.

I don't agree with any of that rhetoric.

There are teams I compare Nebraska to that a lot of people might not like comparing them to, but it's true.

Boise State in its prime. Nebraska can be better than that.

MSU in its prime (as in right now)

Wisconsin in its prime (as in right now)

Oregon in its prime (as in right now)

Sorry to get repetitive, but Nebraska's talent level is just as high as those teams, if not much higher.

Nebraska (without its HC) had USC on the ropes in the Holiday bowl last season, but for some magical reason USC is voted a top 5 team (even though they lost a HUGE amount of talent to the NFL) in almost all media circles this season, but Nebraska is barely breaking the top 30.

I could rant about this shit for hours.

I get tired of the national perception Nebraska garners. They're fully capable of winning conference championships and therefore competing for national titles. They can and they will.

Rant over.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Stevenson is fat

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Stevenson is fat

What??

*ok went and looked.

Maybe the biggest downside to Stevenson's route to Nebraska is that it kept him away from a college level strength and conditioning program this summer. Riley said getting into Big Ten playing shape might be one of the biggest hurdles facing his newest addition at this point.

"Jordan probably could have used a month of training before this all started, actually," Riley said. "In his own admission, he's just been at home waiting to see what was going to happen, so he hasn't been with any trainers like they have in college if he'd been already on a campus. So he probably could use some time in the conditioning mode.

"But even at that, you saw some stuff tonight. You saw his burst. You saw some pretty exciting things. So he's going to have to hurry up and catch up, and that's kind of hard to do on a college level for a freshman."

He's out of shape. Not a shocker.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually torn by Stevenson being out of shape. on the one hand, i can understand you were in limbo so not sure what would be going on this fall, but on the other, you knew you'd be going somewhere, if nothing else JUCO to get your grades up.

so, i mean, how out of shape is the guy? Like he hasn't ran a sprint in months? or like, he was running sprints just not at the level necessary for college. but even then you should have known you would need to step up your game, so why not do extra work? kinda makes me question whether he's lazy or not.

now, i'm basically the pot calling the kettle black. I've always been horrible at working out, could never do it on my own, team sports always helped with that. So, hopefully that's the case and will kick it in high gear now that he made it to Lincoln.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a bigger gut than me, and I enjoy myself some beer on most nights. The dude would still out run me about about 3 seconds in the 40 and probably bench maybe 5 pounds more than me so it's all good.

If you can play, I don't care what your body looks like. Hell, Ron Dayne had some size on him too. So by my math, this guarantees that Jordan Stevenson will break NCAA rushing records too.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can add to this thread ??

in the hot of summer I add to cooling myself
same as Mike Riley will do
he will cool the players down --and prepare them for a winning season