• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lester sucks, Royals pummel Yankees and Kraft feels duped.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Mr. Kraft is a nice man, I love him, I know he would never do anything like this. Give the OK to draft a thug with a troubled past like Aaron Hernandez. Mr. Kraft is the best person in the United States of Football"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact

Robert Kraft is more powerful than any man in Mass.

Fact

Robert Kraft knew Hernandez was involved in 2 separate other shootings prior to this murder, or at least being looked at as being connected

Fact

Robert Kraft wasn't duped

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can all shut up now:L

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The damage control coming out of Foxboro is amateurish and downright insulting to the intelligence of anyone outside of the Patriots fanbase. The best thing they could have done is release the guy with no statement to the media and kept their mouth shut. All this "we did nothing wrong" bullshit while pretending that there isn't a dead man is shameful.

Nothing is coming out of Foxboro you nitwit....

I hated the statement too...and absolutely no one here is saying "they did nothing wrong"...

Do you ever get facts straight? Or is every fact open to interpretation depending on how you feel about the subject?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact

Robert Kraft is more powerful than any man in Mass.

Fact

Robert Kraft knew Hernandez was involved in 2 separate other shootings prior to this murder, or at least being looked at as being connected

Fact

Robert Kraft wasn't duped

i found links

did you?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think it's all been drubbed into my head 1,000 times more over the past few weeks than yours...I know it all...

Let me ask you something, since it was such "widespread knowledge", why was this mentioned exactly zero fucking times in the past 3 years?

Zero...all these scandals are just now being brought to attention...

Why? It was all buried by Meyer at Florida...who also personally vouched for Hernandez to Belichick "he's got some issues, but he's a good kid"...or something to that effect...

You should go read the Urban Meyer thread we have going if you think for one minute that creep is escaping my attention. He makes the Patriots look like a class organization.

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals, Colts skipped Aaron Hernandez in 2010 draft - NFL.com

One AFC front-office executive recently speculated that the New England Patriots were the only team willing to gamble a fourth-round pick on Aaron Hernandez in the 2010 NFL Draft. Hernandez was widely regarded as a second-round talent, but many teams took him off their draft boards because of failed drug tests and rumors that he hung out with the wrong crowd.

Owner/general manager Mike Brown acknowledged to Fox Sports Ohio that his Cincinnati Bengals were one of those teams with no intention of rolling the dice on Hernandez three years ago.

"That one is no secret. We just stayed away from (Hernandez)," Brown said. "We didn't question the playing ability. But we went for (Jermaine) Gresham."

Brown also revealed that Rob Gronkowski -- the other tight end drafted by the Patriots in 2010 -- was taken off the Bengals' board "because he had a bad back" coming out of the University of Arizona. Gronkowski recently had back surgery.

Perhaps even more interesting than those revelations was Brown's guileless discussion of the team's evolution in philosophy regarding players red-flagged for behavioral issues. It's a dilemma to which NFL teams have begun devoting more resources.

The Bengals had been more conscientious about drafting the "right type of person" under Brown's father, Paul Brown, the legendary founder of the franchise. Mike Brown liberalized the policy on ne'er-do-wells once other teams "sort of had us for lunch" with the aid of talented but troubled players. He began taking chances on players with lengthy rap sheets such as Chris Henry, Cedric Benson and Tank Johnson. Over a 17-month span between December 2005 and June 2007, 10 Bengals players accounted for 17 arrests.

By the time Hernandez entered the draft three years later, Brown had decided to return to the "old formula" of bringing in "sound people." That shift in thinking has coincided with the recent rise of social media. NFL teams are finding more and more that the poisonous publicity risk isn't worth the on-field reward.

UPDATE: Add the Indianapolis Colts to the list of teams that didn't want to draft Hernandez.

Former Colts general manager Bill Polian told the Wall Street Journal that the team passed on Hernandez despite its need for a tight end.

"There were questions there, which is why a guy of that talent lasted until the fourth round," said Polian, who added that the Colts, who took tight end Brody Eldridge in the fifth round, "never got that far" in evaluating Hernandez.

"We were not in the Hernandez business," Polian said

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying otherwise, at least I'm not.

You're saying they had no idea, and got angry and pissy while saying it.

If you believe that, then you're an idiot.

No...what I'm saying is that concluding that they "knew" he was "capable of murder" is fucking moronic...

If you believe that? You probably also believe Ben didn't r*pe 2 bitches...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners in the NFL with a convicted murderer on their roster

One

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Kraft invented the rainbow.

When the sun sets, Robert Kraft rises.

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals, Colts skipped Aaron Hernandez in 2010 draft - NFL.com

One AFC front-office executive recently speculated that the New England Patriots were the only team willing to gamble a fourth-round pick on Aaron Hernandez in the 2010 NFL Draft. Hernandez was widely regarded as a second-round talent, but many teams took him off their draft boards because of failed drug tests and rumors that he hung out with the wrong crowd.

Owner/general manager Mike Brown acknowledged to Fox Sports Ohio that his Cincinnati Bengals were one of those teams with no intention of rolling the dice on Hernandez three years ago.

"That one is no secret. We just stayed away from (Hernandez)," Brown said. "We didn't question the playing ability. But we went for (Jermaine) Gresham."

Brown also revealed that Rob Gronkowski -- the other tight end drafted by the Patriots in 2010 -- was taken off the Bengals' board "because he had a bad back" coming out of the University of Arizona. Gronkowski recently had back surgery.

Perhaps even more interesting than those revelations was Brown's guileless discussion of the team's evolution in philosophy regarding players red-flagged for behavioral issues. It's a dilemma to which NFL teams have begun devoting more resources.

The Bengals had been more conscientious about drafting the "right type of person" under Brown's father, Paul Brown, the legendary founder of the franchise. Mike Brown liberalized the policy on ne'er-do-wells once other teams "sort of had us for lunch" with the aid of talented but troubled players. He began taking chances on players with lengthy rap sheets such as Chris Henry, Cedric Benson and Tank Johnson. Over a 17-month span between December 2005 and June 2007, 10 Bengals players accounted for 17 arrests.

By the time Hernandez entered the draft three years later, Brown had decided to return to the "old formula" of bringing in "sound people." That shift in thinking has coincided with the recent rise of social media. NFL teams are finding more and more that the poisonous publicity risk isn't worth the on-field reward.

UPDATE: Add the Indianapolis Colts to the list of teams that didn't want to draft Hernandez.

Former Colts general manager Bill Polian told the Wall Street Journal that the team passed on Hernandez despite its need for a tight end.

"There were questions there, which is why a guy of that talent lasted until the fourth round," said Polian, who added that the Colts, who took tight end Brody Eldridge in the fifth round, "never got that far" in evaluating Hernandez.

"We were not in the Hernandez business," Polian said

OH SHIT

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent work today MD

"duped"

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash