• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lester gets first loss, Yanks win in 10, Gronks arm is infection free.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had a bad word to say about Francona, and you know that.

Dude was the best analyst in baseball before un-retiring.

word

you wont hear me say a bad thing about tito either

and I loved him as an analyst on ESPN

know who else I liked on ESPN (shut up JD).........Bobby V

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which GM drafted Joey Votto, Jay Bruce, Todd Frazier, Homer Bailey, signed Johnny Cueto off a banana boat, and gave up nothing in trades for Brandon Phillips and Bronson Arroyo?

Hint: Nobody thinks he's a great GM, evidenced by the fact that he was fired, and hasn't been offered another job as GM.

Is Schotzie still alive, Johnny? I liked that hound.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which GM drafted Joey Votto, Jay Bruce, Todd Frazier, Homer Bailey, signed Johnny Cueto off a banana boat, and gave up nothing in trades for Brandon Phillips and Bronson Arroyo?

Hint: Nobody thinks he's a great GM, evidenced by the fact that he was fired, and hasn't been offered another job as GM.

You call Willy Mo Pena nothing!?!?!?

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
austin jackson

brett gardner

ian kennedy

"those guys suck"

Those guys do suck...in comparison to virtually any other teams "top 3 players drafted over the past 10 years", yes...that's a pretty shitty track record if that's the best you can come up with....

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

but im saying it anyway!!

to spite JD

pointing-and-laughing.gif

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Robertson is in any conversation for best set up man in the game
----

BWAhAHAHA!!!

It's not 2011 anymroe Dirt...time to wake up.

Um, what?

A set up man who currently sports a .225 OPS against (no, that's not a typo) in High Leverage situations isn't still in the conversation for best set up man?

It was that run he gave up with a 5-1 lead Saturday, wasn't it

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox will miss the postseason again and we will have to sit here same time next season and here about their farm system

Unreal, let's just agree we set different standards for the teams we cheer for

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys do suck...in comparison to virtually any other teams "top 3 players drafted over the past 10 years", yes...that's a pretty shitty track record if that's the best you can come up with....

Not overly high on any of them, but two of the three are starting CF'ers for teams that went to the ALCS last season, and the other has won a shit-load of games for an average to below average team.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rays are the exception to a lot of rules

Down and Ron

Can I get the Top 10 minor league systems from 2005

Id like too see how their Major league club has fared

Thank you

How bout what Oakland did last year?

And why is you sneezing at the 07 Red Sox who got huge contributions from Pedroia, Ellsbury, Youkilis, Papelbon, Lester and DelCarmen?

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

name me all the teams that have done better with their top 3

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call Willy Mo Pena nothing!?!?!?

Oh he was something...in batting practice.

This GM also had the foresight to use a rule 5 pick on Josh Hamilton.

Great GM right?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, what?

A set up man who currently sports a .225 OPS against (no, that's not a typo) in High Leverage situations isn't still in the conversation for best set up man?

It was that run he gave up with a 5-1 lead Saturday, wasn't it

Hes a waste of time

Everyone on the Yankees sucks according to him

First place and the GM also sucks

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is a minor league system so important if the ones that have the great ones never win on the major league level?
----

San francisco giants...consistently one of the better farm system over the past 10 years...

"terrible team"

~ Dirt

Rangers, Rays, Tigers and we're now seeing the Royals and Orioles, all rebuilt their franchises through the farm system...

If you think it has no effect? You're very naive...you think this, because the yanks payroll has allowed them to over come their shortcomings in drafting and developing homegrown talent...

This is the entire point Snoogs is making...all Cashman has done...is sign $200m worth of talent every year...and rode that talent to "division titles"

Big fucking whoop...what Freidman is doing down in Tamps is 100X more impressive than anything cashman, and for that matter theo, have ever done...I'm just not such a raging homer that I can't admit that...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes a waste of time

Everyone on the Yankees sucks according to him

First place and the GM also sucks

I've only said the GM sucks at drafting...that is all...and Uno just proved me right....

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is a minor league system so important if the ones that have the great ones never win on the major league level?
----

San francisco giants...consistently one of the better farm system over the past 10 years...

"terrible team"

~ Dirt

Rangers, Rays, Tigers and we're now seeing the Royals and Orioles, all rebuilt their franchises through the farm system...

If you think it has no effect? You're very naive...you think this, because the yanks payroll has allowed them to over come their shortcomings in drafting and developing homegrown talent...

This is the entire point Snoogs is making...all Cashman has done...is sign $200m worth of talent every year...and rode that talent to "division titles"

Big fucking whoop...what Freidman is doing down in Tamps is 100X more impressive than anything cashman, and for that matter theo, have ever done...I'm just not such a raging homer that I can't admit that...

what do all of those teams have in common? High draft picks through years of sucking...cashman has done well with very low draft picks...he's not the best drafter...but he's not abysmal like you retards are claiming

he's an average drafter, great in IFA's, great with fringe FA's, and average with high priced FA's...that's a good/great GM

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it Ok if we point out that Arroyo and Bailey suck?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 titles in the 10 teams combined that Down just listed

And he made it clear it all a out the titles

Good job

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only said the GM sucks at drafting...that is all...and Uno just proved me right....

"I refuse to provide any evidence to support my conclusion, but I'm right!"

You also said robertson isn't one of the best setup men in baseball....or are you backtracking on that one too and blaming me in the process?