• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lessons the skins should have learned last night

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Lessons the Playoffs and Super Bowl Hopefully Taught the Redskins | Fanspeak Washington Redskins Blog

everyone of these things are dead on

and dean i want you to read and then reread number 3 and let it sink in :suds:

I believe that most of this comes down to scouting & personnel decisions. Shanahan started to move the Skins in the right direction several years ago. However - more recently it appears as if he was more of an obstacle in this area. You also have to question whether they have the right scouting structure - I certainly hope so moving forward.

I also have to believe that Shanahan didn't agree with point # 4!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish our defense was like the Seahawks and 49ers

Seahawks Championship Defense Built Mainly With Mid To Late Round Draft Picks | Steelers Depot

Not sure about the 49ers but in the case of the Seahawks it comes down to scouting & making the right personnel decisions. Check out the link above - just about all of their defensive players were either drafted late or were not drafted at all (including a few who were originally on the Redskins - lol). This flies in the face of how some folks believe that a successful team needs to consist of primarily high draft picks and high profile FAs.

Let's hope that this lesson is not lost on the Redskins FO.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would also add that this speaks very well of the coaching & player development for the Seahawks. Hopefully - the same thing applies for the Redskins & they don't have some of the issues from the previous regime. The coaches should ensure that they get the most out of every player and work together with each of them.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would also add that this speaks very well of the coaching & player development for the Seahawks. Hopefully - the same thing applies for the Redskins & they don't have some of the issues from the previous regime. The coaches should ensure that they get the most out of every player and work together with each of them.

What worries me is status quo. Yes, Gruden was hired but not allowed to pick his own staff as Pete was. You can't tell me Gruden wanted a failed Haslett, an inexperienced McVay and a few others picked for him on his staff. Allen retained those guys and told Gruden to keep them aboard no doubt. So the structure is already broken to begin with. The process and plan was done correctly in Seattle. It seems to have been a 4 year build and you could see it coming imo. Paul Allen made the comment standing on the podium the other night when he thanked Carroll and said, "I admire the way you and (insert GM's name) have put this team together".

To date I have seen the previous regime coaches remain in tact because that's how Allen wanted it. I have also heard Allen say he will make personnel decisions in the end. Our scouting department remained in tact and let's just say they haven't done a stellar job to this point in finding later round or UDFA talent to speak of. If this experiment fails, the hatchet should come down directly on Allen.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me is status quo. Yes, Gruden was hired but not allowed to pick his own staff as Pete was. You can't tell me Gruden wanted a failed Haslett, an inexperienced McVay and a few others picked for him on his staff. Allen retained those guys and told Gruden to keep them aboard no doubt. So the structure is already broken to begin with. The process and plan was done correctly in Seattle. It seems to have been a 4 year build and you could see it coming imo. Paul Allen made the comment standing on the podium the other night when he thanked Carroll and said, "I admire the way you and (insert GM's name) have put this team together".

To date I have seen the previous regime coaches remain in tact because that's how Allen wanted it. I have also heard Allen say he will make personnel decisions in the end. Our scouting department remained in tact and let's just say they haven't done a stellar job to this point in finding later round or UDFA talent to speak of. If this experiment fails, the hatchet should come down directly on Allen.

I hear you, but that may actually at least be an improvement over last season. I truly believe that no one person should be both the head coach and have the final say-so for personnel decisions. At least the personnel decisions now fall unto Allen. Also - remember that Allen was selected as one of the best when he was previously in this role.

As for Haslett - I am basically with you in believing that he should not have been retained. However - as I posted previously - I will give him the benefit of the doubt in that 1.) Shanahan may have actually restricted him & 2.) a severe lack of talent may have been too overwhelming. I will be objective & take a wait and see attitude on this one. Can't really speak on the others although you just have to believe that at least the special teams will be improved (how can they not). Only time will tell on all of this. Let's wait and see how it plays out before condemning any of this.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but that may actually at least be an improvement over last season. I truly believe that no one person should be both the head coach and have the final say-so for personnel decisions. At least the personnel decisions now fall unto Allen. Also - remember that Allen was selected as one of the best when he was previously in this role.

As for Haslett - I am basically with you in believing that he should not have been retained. However - as I posted previously - I will give him the benefit of the doubt in that 1.) Shanahan may have actually restricted him & 2.) a severe lack of talent may have been too overwhelming. I will be objective & take a wait and see attitude on this one. Can't really speak on the others although you just have to believe that at least the special teams will be improved (how can they not). Only time will tell on all of this. Let's wait and see how it plays out before condemning any of this.

:agree:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the biggest problem i have is with retaining haslett i think that is a mistake

i dont buy the CSI grassy knoll BS