• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Les Miles Fired

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:(

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey LSU fans.... remember.... Jim Tressel's show cause penalty ends December 19, 2016.

tressel_flickr_avanachkunnath.jpg

:heh:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey LSU fans.... remember.... Jim Tressel's show cause penalty ends December 19, 2016.

tressel_flickr_avanachkunnath.jpg

:heh:
No thanks. He can take his sweater vest and shove it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shows how much you know, but it's your opinion....

Only reason I'd take LSU over Oklahoma is the recruiting hotbed that exists in Louisiana. As far as easier path to the playoffs - OU easily given that you don't have to compete with Bama on a regular basis.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will, but the man did some great things for LSU. There's not really many situations that you can find in sports history where the replacement to a legendary coach pulled off, what Les pulled off. He had a great run...but it was time. He'll land on his feet somewhere, and hopefully we can land a coach that can be innovative on offense

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to choose between facing the mediocre big 12 or facing Saban every year, I know where I'm going regardless of present talent.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t1_pelini.jpg

PLEASE!!!

Beat me to it.

Pelini already has ties to LSU and would be a lot cheaper than other candidates. LSU fans will looooooooove Bo. Hell, they can call him "Beaux Pelini"

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former LSU coordinator: Tigers plotted Miles' demise
"It's always sad to see a man and a coach the caliber of Les get pushed out," Chavis told Chris Low of ESPN. "He's a Hall of Famer and a legend in the state of Louisiana. I was blessed that he gave me an opportunity to coach at a place like LSU, but I can't say I'm surprised that he's gone. They were trying to fire him when I was there, and I told him so."

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it.

Pelini already has ties to LSU and would be a lot cheaper than other candidates. LSU fans will looooooooove Bo. Hell, they can call him "Beaux Pelini"
No F*ing way, my grandson is spelled that way minus the Pelini. Son-In-Law has family down by LSU and is a big fan hence the spelling.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real competition in state for recruits, great conference, money in the program........WHY would Herman turn that job down?

Because he can have it easier at Oklahoma, Texas, USC, or Notre Dame.

Okay, let's get real:
1) The Oklahoma job isn't open - yet.
And while the Sooners do a good job of recruiting Texas, they have far more competition for those recruits than they did in the past; and there's not another prime recruiting state that Oklahoma does that well in. Herman, himself, could probably pull in recruits from a number of places where the Stoops regime doesn't currently get a lot of traction, but it might take a while to pull away from the rest of the pack in the Big 12.

2) The Texas job isn't open, either. It could be, if Strong has fewer than 9 wins this season. But another win over Oklahoma and against one or more of its in-state rivals pretty much assures at least one more year at the helm unless the Longhorns totally collapse in the last half of the season. Texas no longer dominates the recruiting in their own state. Besides upsurging Texas A&M and old foe Oklahoma, the lesser lights of the Longhorn State (TCU, Houston, Baylor) are making inroads, and LSU and Alabama have shown that they can cherry pick just about anyone they want.

3) I'm not sure USC is going to fire its coach after just one year on the job. But if the Trojans don't pull out a couple of wins against some of the better teams in the Pac - or against Notre Dame - it could happen. Depends a lot on how good they look down the stretch. I'm not sure Herman wants to go to the west coast and take on a project like USC. But Les Miles might be willing to take a shot.

4) Notre Dame still has a coach. Even though the Irish are off to a 1-3 start, they could still turn things around. If by some miracle they finish with 8 wins, the coach keeps his job. And hopefully he understands the need to hire a good defensive coordinator. Notre Dame isn't the recruiting juggernaut it used to be, either; and not having a conference championship to play for can work against them.

5) If Houston gets the nod by the end of the season to become a Big 12 expansion team, there's really no reason for Herman to go anywhere else. At least not until he sees how well he can compete there - unless he decides to go for the big money somewhere.

6) Advantages of going to LSU outweigh those of going to one of the four teams cited above. The Tigers are already loaded with talent at everything but the QB position, and their recruiting base reaches far beyond the borders of Louisiana. Herman has shown he can coach & recruit well. His competitive nature might tempt him to show he can get the job done in the toughest division in college football - unless he is scared off by the firing of a coach with a 114-34 record whose abilities to compete at the highest level had certainly been ebbing over the last few years.