• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leonard Floyd

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I'm pretty disappointed in this guy. He was supposed to be that speed outside pass rusher. He's been playing excellent against the run, good against pass coverage but he's been terrible as a pass rusher. Most of his sacks are coverage or hustle sacks. I don't see a lot of speed in him. He's not what was advertised. I don't think i've seen a single sack where he gets there with his speed going around the edge.

He's been named a Pro Bowl alternate so go figure. I expected a lot more from him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played as good as anyone on the team here the last month.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever a guy is drafted as high as Floyd with the expectations that we now have our new top pass rusher, and he doesn't produce a lot of sacks, it's easy to say he's a bust. But Floyd has done exactly what has been asked of him within Fangio's scheme, which calls for a lot of coverage plays, not just rushing the passer. I'd be extremely disappointed if Pace doesn't sign him for the option year and simultaneously try to work an extended package for him.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the dude play for 3 years in college. He's been far better in the NFL than I expected him to be. The fact that he's good against the run is amazing to me.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the dude play for 3 years in college. He's been far better in the NFL than I expected him to be. The fact that he's good against the run is amazing to me.
I think he's bulked up a bit since college. He seems bigger this year.

As stated in in post 2...he's played great the last month or so. (Actually 2 months, upon looking closer).

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very confusing post. Floyd has been fantastic the 2nd half of the season. All the Bears have been talking about is how good he's been.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, he was near the top of the league in QB pressures.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is asked to do a lot more of the non rush OLB duties if Fangio's Defence. What is crazy, sometimes, so is Mack. I've looked at a play to see Mack in zone coverage 15 yards behind the los.

A year ago, Floyd was the principal pass rusher at OLB and had double didget sacks. His speed really helps in off side run support, coverage and hustle plays.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is another case of I'm watching a different game than everyone in here. I don't know what year Floyd had double digit sacks but whatever, everyone watching different games.

I've already acknowledged Floyd's great run defense and his solid pass coverage skills. I was primarily criticizing his lack of QB pressures/sacks. I've watched every game this year, when it comes to QB pressures, outside of coverage sacks, Floyd provides very little. I just don't see that burst of speed on the edge from him AT ALL. And that is all I'm saying.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is another case of I'm watching a different game than everyone in here. I don't know what year Floyd had double digit sacks but whatever, everyone watching different games.

I've already acknowledged Floyd's great run defense and his solid pass coverage skills. I was primarily criticizing his lack of QB pressures/sacks. I've watched every game this year, when it comes to QB pressures, outside of coverage sacks, Floyd provides very little. I just don't see that burst of speed on the edge from him AT ALL. And that is all I'm saying.

You are watching a different game.

Since his pick six against Buffalo, he has been on a tear.

I bet his QB pressures during that span are up there among the best in the league.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier, I understand the thinking that when you draft a guy to be your top edge rusher, you're thinking sacks, sacks, and more sacks. And when they aren't coming in droves as expected, it's easy to call him a bust. But there's so much more to Floyd's game. He's really becoming one of the most well-rounded, versatile LBs in the league. Again, I'll be quite disappointed if Pace doesn't at the very least take the 5th year option on him. In fact, I'd be shocked.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is asked to do a lot more of the non rush OLB duties if Fangio's Defence. What is crazy, sometimes, so is Mack. I've looked at a play to see Mack in zone coverage 15 yards behind the los.

A year ago, Floyd was the principal pass rusher at OLB and had double didget sacks. His speed really helps in off side run support, coverage and hustle plays.

Yeah, there's certain coverages he drops back in. His pick six vs GB obviously he was back and then on Roquan's near pick six - you saw him coming back from downfield to block.