• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leino history?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think Leino is history. Just my gut but I just read up on Metzlers column that Homer and Leino's agent are far apart on the talks. I want Leino back and wondering how much is he asking? Other guys mentioned are Handzus (part 2), Madden ( like this), and Cole (solid guy). Hopefully Homer doesn't lose focus and realize Stamkos is a no go.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer doesn't sound too worried..

"Although it’s tough to tell exactly where the Leino camp might stand in their negotiations, events on Tuesday may have helped them — and not the press conference to introduce Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and Jake Voracek.

The Washington Capitals re-signed veteran forward Brooks Laich to a six-year $27 million deal. Laich, 28, has career numbers a shade higher than Leino had last year in his first full season with the Flyers. However, Laich’s $4.5 million cap hit may be what Leino and his agent look to as a benchmark.

Leino is due a big raise, scoring 19 goals for the Flyers last season with his $800,000 contract.

“I don’t know where they’re at right now,” Holmgren said. “I still believe what I’ve been saying all along: Ville wants to stay here and we want him here.

“That would lead you to believe that there’s a good chance we’re gonna make a deal. That’s how I feel anyway. We’ll see.”

Holmgren Still Thinks A Deal With Leino Will Get Done

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right. Love this guy and furthermore he and Briere are great together.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i worry about his hip. no surgery needed? he looked like he was in pain the whole second half of the season. if his hip is fine then he might have a permanent injury issue. that should give any team pause. basically he would be dynamite the first half of every season.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i worry about his hip. no surgery needed? he looked like he was in pain the whole second half of the season. if his hip is fine then he might have a permanent injury issue. that should give any team pause. basically he would be dynamite the first half of every season.

Good question. I would think that Homer and the front office would have leaked or announced details about his condition if it were an issue, but that's just my opinion. (shrug)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ha the guy wants 3.5 mil + i know it, i dunno, my gut tells me ville is gone.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flyers should have showed him the $ earlier, and once they traded Richy and Carts they should have gotten the deal done with Lenio. I think he test free agency and in the end leaves because someone will overpay for him.

Rather have Versteeg or Lenio? Unfortunately the Flyers are stupid!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i dunno how stupid they are, ville wants more than he is worth because of a phenomenal playoff in 2010. how can they justify paying him more than what they think he is worth?

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno how stupid they are, ville wants more than he is worth because of a phenomenal playoff in 2010. how can they justify paying him more than what they think he is worth?

It's all relative. Versteeg is making $3M -- you don't think that Leino is $1M better? If it comes down to it, I don't have an issue kicking Steeg for picks and giving Leino the $3.5-4M he wants.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
see i disagree with a lot of people on here about versteeg. no i do not think that leino is worth $1mil more than versteeg. steeg is 3 years younger and has put up 3 consecutive years with stats slightly (5 pts) below ville's total last year. a lot of ville's stats are contributed to danny briere, SO i think that if he wants more than $3mil the flyers will have to say goodbye.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Hartnell makes 4+, why should Leino take less?

Players the Flyers look like they are interested in are Langenbrunner/Gagne/Cole/Madden, I'd take Leino over all of them, allthough Madden is a 4th liner and shouldn't be compared. Andrew Brunnette is a guy I want Philly to get after the dust settles in FA, he is very underrated, and would be cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Hartnell makes 4+, why should Leino take less?

just because you have a bad contract on your team does not justify having to pay everyone better than him more. it is no secret the the organization is overpaying for hartnell.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just because you have a bad contract on your team does not justify having to pay everyone better than him more. it is no secret the the organization is overpaying for hartnell.

That was just looking at it from Leinos perspective, not whats best for the team or what the Flyers should do.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
exactly, they are 2 different things, but if anyone offers ville 4mil than good for him, i compare this to the werth situation for the phils. the phils wanted to pay him market value and someone scooped him up for more than what they were willing to go. (and we are seeing they overpaid)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if leino wants more than 3.5 he can leave.. i really don't think he's that good.. he has spurts of brilliance where he cant be stripped of the puck.. but was there a more invisible flyer the 2nd half of the year?

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We are gonna see stupid contracts tommorow, hopefully Homer won't ge giving 1.1mill Shelley like contracts, I knew that was a mistake right away.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are gonna see stupid contracts tommorow, hopefully Homer won't ge giving 1.1mill Shelley like contracts, I knew that was a mistake right away.

i think homer did a poor job last offseason leading up to july 1.. the signing of leighton at 1.5 on june 30th was a big mistake too.. multiple superior goalies signed for less.. dan ellis, nitty, and chris mason being 3 that i can remember off the cuff signing for under 1 mil.. all 3 goalies would've been an upgrade over leighton IMO

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think homer did a poor job last offseason leading up to july 1.. the signing of leighton at 1.5 on june 30th was a big mistake too.. multiple superior goalies signed for less.. dan ellis, nitty, and chris mason being 3 that i can remember off the cuff signing for under 1 mil.. all 3 goalies would've been an upgrade over leighton IMO

on the other hand if leighton was allowed to walk and played at all decent for another team everyone would be calling for holmers head for allowing a goalie that took you to the cup final get away. at the time holmer didn't know leighton was lying about his health. tougher call than it looks, especially if you leighton's back was ok...

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see Ville increasing his points totals by much in the near future. I think we have been getting maximum skill from him already. That being said. I still think he is a $2.5-3 million player. If he can get maor he can be replaced by whats in the market. As someone said, I would not be suprised to see someone pay him about $4 million per which is too much.