• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leighton Vander Esch

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not impressed with the LVE pick I understood the thinking and the potential and am tired of the BBQ ,fried, grilled, baked and stewed Crow soooooo.

With that over again I believe Lee could be a excellent coach on the staff as he already does the work. He still has gas in the tank but he has been 1of those injury prone players.

Hope when he returns they have all 3 on the field we will C

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leighton Vander Esch exits bye week as Pro Football Focus' best rookie LB

Grade A so far with this pick.

So sick that we are wasting his play with all these losses.
LVE has impressed me. I also give the pick an A. He certainly is not Barbie. We are wasting the great things Jaylon has done as well. Offense is not holding up its end. This is a complete flip flop from previous years where the offense carried the team. I know they want Collins at RT, but I would swap Williams and collins immediately.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would swap Williams and collins immediately.
maybe next year but williams just flat isn't strong enough and needs an offseason. Collins looks average and lazy and just might be better suited inside.

I remember when we traded up with washington to take Lawrence outta Boise and a guy on this board pronounced with certainty how dumb Dallas was to trade up for this player when HIS film study showed the player to be very questionable talent wise. Same with this thread when it came out.

Opinions remain like ass holes and the ones that sink are remembered

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not high on him, but he is playing well for a rookie.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not high on him, but he is playing well for a rookie.
I have no problem with people not liking a particular draft pick. Heck we can't even all agree on guys that have been on the team for years so I don't expect us to all agree on a guy we have never seen. BUT, he is playing well for anyone. For a rookie he is playing great.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much College football as I watch, I didn’t know him. Surprisingly I don’t watch our minor league team much. The blue field bothers me. Ha.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe next year but williams just flat isn't strong enough and needs an offseason. Collins looks average and lazy and just might be better suited inside.

I remember when we traded up with washington to take Lawrence outta Boise and a guy on this board pronounced with certainty how dumb Dallas was to trade up for this player when HIS film study showed the player to be very questionable talent wise. Same with this thread when it came out.

Opinions remain like ass holes and the ones that sink are remembered

Not sure if you are referring to me in regards to Lawrence, but if you are go ahead and keep building that straw man, because I never said anything of the sort - you can go ahead and pull the relevant post. I did say I didn't want to trade up for DLaw because I didn't want to give up the extra pick, and there were still other pass rushers on the board. So if you are going to take a pot shot at me, unprovoked I might ad, at least get your facts right. Nothing in the post you responded to had anything to do with me, yet you still invoke me with such hatred -- nice to know I am living in your thoughts you miserable fuck.

You know it's funny, you never miss an opportunity to tell people that opinions vary, and that you are fine with all of them. That is such a crock of shit, because you seldom miss an opportunity to attack me and others for nothing other than having an opinion, even when unwarranted. You can't get over that I didn't like the LVE pick, and here you are months later still going on about it, even though I have already admitted I was wrong. What gives man? Are you okay with others sharing their opinions or not? Or are you just completely full of shit, as I suspect.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I liked the Lawrence pick/trade,but it turned out better than I thought it would. Now this next draft we could have a very early 2nd rounder and I am confident Cooper is better than any receiver coming out.

That ticky tack foul on LVE was a joke and we never get that flag when dak gets hit in a similar manner.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I liked the Lawrence pick/trade,but it turned out better than I thought it would. Now this next draft we could have a very early 2nd rounder and I am confident Cooper is better than any receiver coming out.

That ticky tack foul on LVE was a joke and we never get that flag when dak gets hit in a similar manner.

He has turned out to be fantastic for us and a great pick at #2. 2016 stands out as a wasted year though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are referring to me in regards to Lawrence, but if you are go ahead and keep building that straw man, because I never said anything of the sort - you can go ahead and pull the relevant post. I did say I didn't want to trade up for DLaw because I didn't want to give up the extra pick, and there were still other pass rushers on the board. So if you are going to take a pot shot at me, unprovoked I might ad, at least get your facts right. Nothing in the post you responded to had anything to do with me, yet you still invoke me with such hatred -- nice to know I am living in your thoughts you miserable fuck.

You know it's funny, you never miss an opportunity to tell people that opinions vary, and that you are fine with all of them. That is such a crock of shit, because you seldom miss an opportunity to attack me and others for nothing other than having an opinion, even when unwarranted. You can't get over that I didn't like the LVE pick, and here you are months later still going on about it, even though I have already admitted I was wrong. What gives man? Are you okay with others sharing their opinions or not? Or are you just completely full of shit, as I suspect.
shit no man....I didn't like that cock sucker twist much either. Some people just can't take the stuff they dish out is what I've always said

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist was pissed day one of that draft with Zack Martin. I know he wanted Sammy Watkins but he was gone I think. I can’t remember who he wanted. Then of course we traded up the next day and got Tank.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist was pissed day one of that draft with Zack Martin. I know he wanted Sammy Watkins but he was gone I think. I can’t remember who he wanted. Then of course we traded up the next day and got Tank.
Bottom line, the Cowboys have drafted lights out in the first round for a decade now, they get that much right anyway

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, the Cowboys have drafted lights out in the first round for a decade now, they get that much right anyway
You can always find something to criticize about any team's drafts when looking backwards. But as we all know the draft isn't why this team isn't having success. Now that Jones is playing lights out and LVE already looks a player those early picks are shining big time. I can only assume as good as any in the league and only Zeke was what I would call an early pick

The last few years 1st and 2nd rounds have produced at least one Pro Bowl to All Pro caliber player. 2017 is a tale still to be told and 2018 is premature but trending in the right way.

2013 Frederick
2014 Martin, Lawrence
2015 Jones
2016 Zeke, Jaylon
2017 TBD
2018 LVE

FYI - McClay has run the Cowboys personnel department since 2014. So can't give him credit for Frederick, but he's been the main or one of the main forces behind all of the others above. I never liked the Taco pick and thought we forced the position after the well was mostly dry, but I do feel Awuzie can grow into belonging on this list (even though I think he has not been good this year) and even Taco showed promise at the end of last year. At what point does McClay tire of not being known Nationally as the talent that he is and accept a GM position? It's a shame Jerry hasn't already given him the GM title. He clings to it like a badge of honor and pretends it makes him a "Football guy". It's been his biggest downfall as an owner. Any other owner in the history of sports would have fired Jerry's GM long ago

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes they have and at the end of the day, they traded dez and a first for Cooper as we look towards the 2019 season

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes they have and at the end of the day, they traded dez and a first for Cooper as we look towards the 2019 season
I don't know this, but I would bet the farm the Cooper trade was 100% Jerry's call. They have spent the last 4-5 years building the right way, through the draft and not overpaying retreads. Why would they suddenly give a first for Cooper? Cooper is a solid player, but beside the point.
I personally believe the Cooper pick was made because Jerry is desperate for Dak to be a franchise QB, already promising to extend him despite a down year.