• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron to San Antonio

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good chance LeBron bolts this summer, I'd say at least 50/50 but that can absolutely change if the Cavs make a big time move or upset the Warriors by some miracle in the Championship.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say LeBron leaves for the Spurs this summer. Now, I think it would be wise for him to STAY in the East, but there aren't too many teams that make a ton of sense for him from a winning perspective besides maybe *hides behind giant wall* the Milwaukee Bucks. Can you imagine trying to stop the Freak & Bron on a two man fastbreak??

Anyways, back to the SPURZ. If you give Greg Popovich LeBron that's like the White Walkers gaining another Dragon (GOT reference) for those that don't understand, it's basically like cheating. A duo of LeBron and Kawhi would be amazing on so many levels. Kawhi can guard the guy Bron would normally have to cover, and Leonard has shown he can be dominant as a no.2 option (Timmy D days), and he was younger back then... it would be like MJ-Pippen level good.

Idk if that duo is good enough to beat the Warriors, but surround them with role players that can shoot and defend (Mills, Green, Gay) and some decent bigs (Gasol, LMA) and you've got something.

I think the Spurs (or Rockets which won't happen) would be his best shot of taking down the Warriors, as far as that Lakers rumor... shut up. If he cares about winning he won't go there.

#BronToSpurs

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that LeBron could play under Pop. LeBron likes to run the show and there is no way that Pop is putting up with that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good chance LeBron bolts this summer, I'd say at least 50/50 but that can absolutely change if the Cavs make a big time move or upset the Warriors by some miracle in the Championship.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say LeBron leaves for the Spurs this summer. Now, I think it would be wise for him to STAY in the East, but there aren't too many teams that make a ton of sense for him from a winning perspective besides maybe *hides behind giant wall* the Milwaukee Bucks. Can you imagine trying to stop the Freak & Bron on a two man fastbreak??

Anyways, back to the SPURZ. If you give Greg Popovich LeBron that's like the White Walkers gaining another Dragon (GOT reference) for those that don't understand, it's basically like cheating. A duo of LeBron and Kawhi would be amazing on so many levels. Kawhi can guard the guy Bron would normally have to cover, and Leonard has shown he can be dominant as a no.2 option (Timmy D days), and he was younger back then... it would be like MJ-Pippen level good.

Idk if that duo is good enough to beat the Warriors, but surround them with role players that can shoot and defend (Mills, Green, Gay) and some decent bigs (Gasol, LMA) and you've got something.

I think the Spurs (or Rockets which won't happen) would be his best shot of taking down the Warriors, as far as that Lakers rumor... shut up. If he cares about winning he won't go there.

#BronToSpurs

Or better yet, what if the Suns secretly developed a way to take the talent of the greatest players in NBA history and put it into the players on their current roster and hired Pop to coach them...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron decides to leave CLE, I would put the Spurs at the top of the list of teams with a shot to get him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that LeBron could play under Pop. LeBron likes to run the show and there is no way that Pop is putting up with that.

LeBron was #1 last year in assisting corner 3's with 162. 2nd place was Harden with 96. Quite the gap.

LeBron's offensive style fits in perfectly with what Pop loves to do. LeBron seems like he has tons of respect for Pop and the Spurs organization. I don't think it would be an issue.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron seems like he has tons of respect for Pop and the Spurs organization.
Which is exactly why most of us don't think he'd consider going to SA.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many hypotheticals. For a second I thought it was that Pacers fan again

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron decides to leave CLE, I would put the Spurs at the top of the list of teams with a shot to get him.
I would too. And while for the most part it feels ridiculous to think it would ever happen, the Spurs are going to have a ton of money next offseason. Enough to sign a big free agent to a max deal, as far as I know. I can hope, but it just doesn't seem like something that's likely to happen.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many hypotheticals. For a second I thought it was that Pacers fan again

giphy.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron was #1 last year in assisting corner 3's with 162. 2nd place was Harden with 96. Quite the gap.

LeBron's offensive style fits in perfectly with what Pop loves to do. LeBron seems like he has tons of respect for Pop and the Spurs organization. I don't think it would be an issue.

Lebron had a lot of respect for Riley at one point in how he ran an organization. Lebron left Miami partly because Riley wouldn't allow his posse to run amock in the Heat organization and the culture there was more strict compared to other franchises. Pop runs the Spurs in similar fashion.

It'd make sense for Lebron to go to the Spurs. But he's not going to the Spurs.