• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James seems smaller

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He think he waited a year too long but he did drop the weight this past year. I feel like if would have worked on changed his game this last season it would have been better, but he can't do everything at once. I am sure if this year continues like it does he will change his game up in the offseason, it would be a must like you said.

Yeah, he should have started a little earlier. MJ and Kobe added little things over the years. First it was working on mid-range shots, then post moves (Kobe even went to Houston one off season and worked with Hakeem on footwork in the post), etc. anything they could think of to stay on top a little longer.

I'd bet that for the rest of his career, we'll see less of Lebron doing movies, appearances, etc. in the off-season and more adding things to his game. One advantage Lebron has with his combination of size and strength is, he can likely add things to his game (especially in the post) that Kobe and MJ couldn't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's much more judicious with the use of his athleticism. Generally speaking it does feel like his athleticism isn't what it used to be.

But, I swear there are still 1 or 2 moments every Cavs game where I'm like "damn, ok, this dude is still a freak athlete".
WE DID SEE AN AWESOME CHASE DOWN BLOCK AGAINST THE BULLS THE OTHER NIGHT...had not seen one of those in a long time....its still there- just not on display as often.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE DID SEE AN AWESOME CHASE DOWN BLOCK AGAINST THE BULLS THE OTHER NIGHT...had not seen one of those in a long time....its still there- just not on display as often.

There will always be some of that. We'll just see less and less of it as he gets older.

Heck, Kobe's 37 and we still get the occasional "Kobe moment" where he makes a great drive to the hoop and dunks on someone (usually tweaking his shoulder lol) or he hits some crazy shot. We've even seen 3 or 4 of the old "Kobe games" where he went for 30.

It'll be the same for Lebron as he ages. In a few years, he'll do something like that or put together one of those "Lebron games" and Cavs and Lebron fans will smile and say "I remember that guy."