• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James: "I'll Leave Cleveland if My Hand is Forced"

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd get crazy and post a couple of actual quotes from LeBron. If you prefer to go off of the speculative, headline-whoring dribble of obscure members of the media... be my guest.

I'm here to build something great in the present and in the future, and that's the reason I'm back, I got no other reason to have to continue to talk about things that's so outlandish. I'm here. This is where I'll be, and this is where I'm comfortable at.

Just stay even keel and knowing that there's always sunshine on the other side of the mountain, man. I don't get too high or too low, especially in the NBA season. It's too long, it's too many emotions, it's too many things, it's too many storylines that if you let yourself get involved in it too much that it can bother you mentally, and I've been able to just stay away from it.

Source

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has plenty of time to hide until it blows over:noidea:

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO 1 minute ago
MRI reveals knee and low back strain for LeBron James. Out at least 2 weeks.

4 straight Finals. Olympics. Turning 30. It's taking a toll. It will be interesting to see how he evolves his game. You can't attack with reckless abandon your whole career.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't take less money. The new CBA is coming along with a new TV contract so he took less years so he can renegotiate when that happens. They rarely take less. When they do they have a 2 year opt out and then take another max deal so in the end they get just as much if not more.

we are gonna see carmelto want to renegotiate. The Lebron deal is what the bulls offered Carmello to come to the bulls. Two years, another max deal, with the new TV contract, those numbers are not even known yet. might be somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 million per.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 straight Finals. Olympics. Turning 30. It's taking a toll. It will be interesting to see how he evolves his game. You can't attack with reckless abandon your whole career.

He knew that though, he dropped weight this offseason, wants to be more of a 1,2 3 than being forced to guard 4 and 5's all the time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd get crazy and post a couple of actual quotes from LeBron. If you prefer to go off of the speculative, headline-whoring dribble of obscure members of the media... be my guest.

Source

very sensible post.

It has been clear from the start of the season that even though LeBron is at basically 25 and 8 that he has not been right. Love has had back problems- Marion and Miller have missed time-and the Varejao injury is the most serious for sure. Delledova was out for about a month.

The Cavs will be fine as long as LeBron and Kyrie are healthy at the right time- and the right time is not exactly the end of December, beginning of January.

The Cavs just got the injury exemption for Varejao- and have the Bogans trade exemption as well......plus they will have their pick of buyout candidates....

The vast majorities of fan bases in the NBA would KILL for the Cavs situation- especially considering the flexibility they have in the future to add to the team.

If LEBron sitting for 2 weeks gets him back to near normal -and gets Love more touches and in a rhythm then it was well well worth it.

Hopefully Griffin is on the phones now trying to add some front court and wing depth- because the injuries have most definitely taken their toll......

that being said- I really like Tristan Thompson's development this year and Waiters is coming around too- with all the injuries- these are all of a sudden 2 very key guys- especially since they are young and can play big minutes.

Where the Cavs were at this time last year compared to this year....yah...ill take it! LOL

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very sensible post.

It has been clear from the start of the season that even though LeBron is at basically 25 and 8 that he has not been right. Love has had back problems- Marion and Miller have missed time-and the Varejao injury is the most serious for sure. Delledova was out for about a month.

The Cavs will be fine as long as LeBron and Kyrie are healthy at the right time- and the right time is not exactly the end of December, beginning of January.

The Cavs just got the injury exemption for Varejao- and have the Bogans trade exemption as well......plus they will have their pick of buyout candidates....

The vast majorities of fan bases in the NBA would KILL for the Cavs situation- especially considering the flexibility they have in the future to add to the team.

If LEBron sitting for 2 weeks gets him back to near normal -and gets Love more touches and in a rhythm then it was well well worth it.

Hopefully Griffin is on the phones now trying to add some front court and wing depth- because the injuries have most definitely taken their toll......

that being said- I really like Tristan Thompson's development this year and Waiters is coming around too- with all the injuries- these are all of a sudden 2 very key guys- especially since they are young and can play big minutes.

Where the Cavs were at this time last year compared to this year....yah...ill take it! LOL
The Cavs look like they'll finish 3rd in their division behind the Bulls and Bucks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs look like they'll finish 3rd in their division behind the Bulls and Bucks.

I will send you my left nut in a Tiffany's box if the Cavs finish behind the Bucks.

Sucks that Parker tore up his ligaments and is out for the year....he was fun to watch.....

as for the REAL Bucks (Buckeyes)- how bout that W?

The most important win for Ohio State since the 2002 National Championship when they won one of the best and most compelling games in college football history.

the only other games that rate since the 2002 title are the Rose Bowl where Pryor wrecked Oregon, and when Michigan was #2 and OSU was #1 and OSU won in a big time shoot out.

Michigan State and Wisconsin set the table for the Bucks with their wins- and OSU finished the job.

Marshall, Smith, Elliot, Thomas- the Bucks have the most weapons I can ever remember- and EVERYONE comes back except for Smith (the WR) and Bennett on the Dline....

The Bucks sophomore class is truly insane....Raekwon Miller, Vonn Bell.....Lee.....it was a young team that started out inexperienced- and Meyer did an insane coaching job (though Tressell's '02 team takes the cake for coaching jobs as far as i am concerned)

OH!

IO!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say - it is fun to watch the Knicks crash and burn after I have been saying for years they built their team the exact wrong way to do so.

Lets just hope that their front office and ownership never get a clue because it wouldnot be hard to leverage that situation into winning if someone had patience and gave it 2-3 years without trying to scramble for a 7 seed

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Lebron left Miami for Cleveland, he'd be having to carry the sorry ass Heat, because they suck without him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the cavs finishing 5th maybe 4th. But not a title contender

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LeBron is just misunderstood, maybe he wasn't talking about how many Championships he'd win, but how many teams he'd play for.....not 3, not 4, not 5.....

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs lost to the Mavs.....but more importantly, IRving left with back soreness.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I was right about the Cavs. Said before the season people where over-rating them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Lebron left Miami for Cleveland, he'd be having to carry the sorry ass Heat, because they suck without him.

James made sure we couldn't be any good this year by purposely dragging out his FA.

It's all good, I'm sure he already knows he isn't ever winning anything with the Cavs and in a couple years Riley will have the Heat back to being a major player in the East.

P.S....If James had stayed, the ' sorry ass Heat' more than likely would have ended up being in their 5 th straight Finals.

Last edited by a moderator: