• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James has agreed to a three-year, $100 million contract

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers, agent Rich Paul told ESPN.

The salary in the first year of the deal will be $31 million, making James the highest-paid player in the NBA for the first time in his career. The salary for the 2017-18 season will top $33 million, making him the highest-paid player in a single season in league history, topping the $33 million Michael Jordan earned with the Chicago Bulls in the 1997-98 season.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually its a 3 year $100 contract. I guess I can afford a few Lebrons.
BzHJ94b.png

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy definitely has earned the right to be the highest paid player in the league. Not only on basketball ability but marketability as well.

Like him or not, he is the guy most people will pay to see play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol not even close? Who is Lebron not close to in that category?

Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Andy Murray, Usain Bolt... want me to go on?

You ask anyone outside of the US who the top worlds athletes are and lebrons name doesn't come up.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Andy Murray, Usain Bolt... want me to go on?

You ask anyone outside of the US who the top worlds athletes are and lebrons name doesn't come up.

Lebron may not get the press of some who-cares soccerista in a 3rd-world hellhole, but he is more of a recognizeable name than you'd ever give credit for, but I get it, you dont like the guy. Never miss an opportunity to throw some shade

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron may not get the press of some who-cares soccerista in a 3rd-world hellhole, but he is more of a recognizeable name than you'd ever give credit for, but I get it, you dont like the guy. Never miss an opportunity to throw some shade

With as big as China is, and their love for American Basketball I am sure that really helps him.

But yes, Mayweather/Paquiau (can't spell it), Ronaldo, Neymar, Federer, Tiger...

I wouldn't be surprised if he was top 10 though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as big as China is, and their love for American Basketball I am sure that really helps him.

But yes, Mayweather/Paquiau (can't spell it), Ronaldo, Neymar, Federer, Tiger...

Yes top 10 but not #1 by a long shot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So because I think the guy is a twatwaffel he automatically becomes the most recognisable athlete in the world as previously suggested by our local board drunk?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my dad used to drill oil wells off the coast of Angola and Nigeria and EVERYONE there knew who LeBron James was and that was quite a while ago now. As soon as he said he was from Cleveland- thats the first thing he would be asked about.

guys would ask him to bring out hats and t-shirts and stuff all the time and trade him some pretty cool local stuff.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my dad used to drill oil wells off the coast of Angola and Nigeria and EVERYONE there knew who LeBron James was and that was quite a while ago now. As soon as he said he was from Cleveland- thats the first thing he would be asked about.

Is he or isn't he THE most recognisable athlete in the world?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he or isn't he THE most recognisable athlete in the world?
I think you could go anywhere and they would know who LeBron James is.

I dont think one out of 30 people here in the US would recognize any soccer player...with how big basketball is in Europe and China/most of Asia and Australia I definitely think he is the current active most recognizable athlete.

I still think Jordan is probably #1 though. Everyone knows who Michael Jordan is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could go anywhere and they would know who LeBron James is.

I dont think one out of 30 people here in the US would recognize any soccer player...with how big basketball is in Europe and China/most of Asia and Australia I definitely think he is the current active most recognizable athlete.

I still think Jordan is probably #1 though. Everyone knows who Michael Jordan is.

No. Stop making shit up again because you're his biggest fan boy.

People might know basketball a bit. They'll know who Michael Jordan is, who Kobe Bryant is and who Magic Johnson is but when the name Lebron James comes up they might have only heard of the name at most. Soccer is the biggest sport in the world so yes, I fully expect the majority of people with any sort of sports knowledge to know who Ronaldo or Messi is.

The question was, is Lebron THE most recognisable athlete in the world - a question you've since dodged and failed to answer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People might know basketball a bit. They'll know who Michael Jordan is, who Kobe Bryant is and who Magic Johnson is but when the name Lebron James comes up they might have only heard of the name at most. Soccer is the biggest sport in the world so yes, I fully expect the majority of people with any sort of sports knowledge to know who Ronaldo or Messi is.

The question was, is Lebron THE most recognisable athlete in the world - a question you've since dodged and failed to answer.
where in the world do they not play basketball? where in the world would LeBron not be recognized?

i doubt 1 out of 50 people in the US could tell who who lionel messi is...if that--- in China- highly doubtful....basketball FAR outpaces soccer....Australia? everyone knows who lebron is- europe? everyone...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where in the world do they not play basketball? where in the world would LeBron not be recognized?

i doubt 1 out of 50 people in the US could tell who who lionel messi is...if that--- in China- highly doubtful....basketball FAR outpaces soccer....Australia? everyone knows who lebron is- europe? everyone...

How the hell would you know? I doubt you've ever even left Cleveland. You've got to be a complete idiot if you think basketball is more popular than soccer in the world. I can step out of my front door and guarantee you that out of the first 10 people I ask who lebron is, less than half would know anything about him, let alone basketball.

Wiggy, I get it, you're a homer with a mad obsessive man crush on lebron but you need to realise the world is bigger than cleveland.

Right now even CRICKET is more popular than basketball.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because I think the guy is a twatwaffel he automatically becomes the most recognisable athlete in the world as previously suggested by our local board drunk?

No, but the whole "not even close" is a bit ridiculous and over the top. Again, the guy rustles your jimmies, big whoop, we all have celebrities who get under our skin.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL you could ask people that have never watched a basketball game in their life and they know who Lebron is, just like Michael Jordan. That being said, Ronaldo or Messi are the most recognizable names just bc soccer is the most popular sport, but Lebron is right there. He is by far in the U.S. though.