• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leary DWI arrest

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's old, but I don't think this ever became public that I know of

Cowboys LG Ronald Leary was arrested and charged with DWI back on September 7, 2012, but will not face a league-imposed suspension.
This is notable because Leary is now in the league's substance-abuse program and is susceptible to a suspension if he makes another mistake. At the time of his arrest, Leary was on the Cowboys' practice squad after failing to make the team out of camp. He's competing with Uche Nwaneri and Mackenzy Bernadeau for the starting job between LT Tyron Smith and C Travis Frederick.
Source: ESPN Dallas Jun 27 - 10:53 AM

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's old, but I don't think this ever became public that I know of

Cowboys LG Ronald Leary was arrested and charged with DWI back on September 7, 2012, but will not face a league-imposed suspension.
This is notable because Leary is now in the league's substance-abuse program and is susceptible to a suspension if he makes another mistake. At the time of his arrest, Leary was on the Cowboys' practice squad after failing to make the team out of camp. He's competing with Uche Nwaneri and Mackenzy Bernadeau for the starting job between LT Tyron Smith and C Travis Frederick.
Source: ESPN Dallas Jun 27 - 10:53 AM

I thought Martin was starting at LG while Bernie was RG?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
old news but I don't think its a big deal. Lots of good folks out there that made a mistake some big some small. Larry Allen was tested every month while in the league after he benched 700+ pounds and he did nothing wrong but be strong. The league is a little over zealous about some things IMO.

JMHO

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Martin was starting at LG while Bernie was RG?

I think that was the thought after the draft. But everything I have read since then seems to indicate that Martin will be playing RG. Which IMO is the right thing to do. Better for him to learn the right side if the plan is for him to eventually be the starting RT.

Not only that, it would be nice to keep some continuity on the left side, which was really good last year (Mostly due to T. Smith).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was the thought after the draft. But everything I have read since then seems to indicate that Martin will be playing RG. Which IMO is the right thing to do. Better for him to learn the right side if the plan is for him to eventually be the starting RT.

Not only that, it would be nice to keep some continuity on the left side, which was really good last year (Mostly due to T. Smith).

That was never the thought. Some here assumed it, but Martin from the second he was drafted was our new RG and rightly so. I think Leary holds onto his LG spot, but I think he is going to have to earn it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was never the thought. Some here assumed it, but Martin from the second he was drafted was our new RG and rightly so. I think Leary holds onto his LG spot, but I think he is going to have to earn it.

This is the way I remember it.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup - as soon as Martin was drafted he was plugged in at RG. Smith's continued improvement means he can help out on the left side... while the combo platter of Frederick and Martin should help the running game to the right side.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leary was on the practice squad so I don't see how this is an issue or even a story. I like the move to bring in the vet from the jags. I think Maartin will be moved outside if we have any injuries