• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Laviolette fired

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's up to the players now to justify the firing of Laviolette. They and him were clearly not on the same page, which makes you think they were virtually tanking to get him fired. Well, you got what you wanted and now it's time to man up and show us what you can do.

This still brings up the question of how none of the Flyers' top execs at the end of last season or during the offseason had any idea that essentially all of their players had run their course with Laviolette and were done with him. I say this because it obviously would've been way more convenient to fire him then. These issues didn't just start in training camp as our guys have looked clueless from day one. This was leftover from last season.

:agree:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's up to the players now to justify the firing of Laviolette. They and him were clearly not on the same page, which makes you think they were virtually tanking to get him fired. Well, you got what you wanted and now it's time to man up and show us what you can do.

This still brings up the question of how none of the Flyers' top execs at the end of last season or during the offseason had any idea that essentially all of their players had run their course with Laviolette and were done with him. I say this because it obviously would've been way more convenient to fire him then. These issues didn't just start in training camp as our guys have looked clueless from day one. This was leftover from last season.

Didn't the Flyers finish on a strong note of 5-1 to end the season? I don't understand how finishing strong and preseason into the regular season are linked to giving up on Lavi?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Flyers finish on a strong note of 5-1 to end the season? I don't understand how finishing strong and preseason into the regular season are linked to giving up on Lavi?

That strong finish came after we had essentially been eliminated from the playoffs. At that point, you've got nothing to lose and I'm sure our players were playing free and loose regardless of who the coach was.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That strong finish came after we had essentially been eliminated from the playoffs. At that point, you've got nothing to lose and I'm sure our players were playing free and loose regardless of who the coach was.

Whether you like the coach or not you still have to play for your jobs or potentially get traded or waived. I'm not sure what happened here but they definitely looked lifeless and brain dead. Tonight they only looked brain dead so that's a start.....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The physicality is very nice and would be a huge asset in the playoffs, but we're not making the playoffs until we get it together in our own zone and our goal scorers start scoring.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The physicality is very nice and would be a huge asset in the playoffs, but we're not making the playoffs until we get it together in our own zone and our goal scorers start scoring.

Totally agree! Is G still hurt? He looks a shadow of himself. Same with Jake.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think this team has zero confidence. It's going to take a few convincing wins before we collect it. I would also venture a guess that several of our scorers are gripping their sticks too tightly and trying too hard, which makes their plays on the puck too slow/fast or their shot/pass off target, blocked or wide.

Looch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confidence is definitely an issue but they also need a system they believe in. They look lost when they go on offense. On a positive note, if Mason continues to play like this we might not have to worry about goaltending for the first time in decades.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confidence is definitely an issue but they also need a system they believe in. They look lost when they go on offense. On a positive note, if Mason continues to play like this we might not have to worry about goaltending for the first time in decades.

Really crazy how the Flyers offense is their weakness this year but goaltending is their strength.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really crazy how the Flyers offense is their weakness this year but goaltending is their strength.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this and it may just be my imagination but I think Lavy tried to implement the "streaker" (what they do with Giroux on the PP) zone entry into his 5 on 5 game play this year. The first 3 games it seemed like they kept turning back in the neutral zone looking for someone with speed instead of softly chipping it up the boards and going in for puck battles. I saw other teams counter this quite easily by stacking up the blue line. Last night this was still a problem but they at least seemed more willing to try not to dance through 2-3 opponents to get it into the zone. This whole thing is back to being a work in progress and I think the Chief will have things looking quite different by next week, so let's all take a deep breathe and see how this plays out.

Oh and Doob the goals will come, especially against your Pens