• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lattimore Story

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys on Garnet & Black and FanSided are speculating that Marcus Lattimore won't play in 2014. Why is it so hard to get anything conclusive on this guy?

That speculation I believe was based on Harbaugh's comments and I think too much is being read into Harbaugh's words. Balke said Lattimore is close to returning to camp. I am guessing the reason why there is not more definitive information is the yeam is going day by day throughbhis rehab. He would be more important for 2015, so they are in no rush to bring him back

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaMichael James is a piece of garbage. He provides nothing on offense. It's not a matter of if he'll muff a punt and break the team's back, it's when. But if they don't have anyone else, they're stuck with him.

This team has never exactly been keen on bringing in good returners. The earliest returner I can remember is Carter. We have been haunted by suck at that position for like 20 years, at least. Only possible exception might be Ginn?

If James can just survive preseason (and I'm guessing he will, I doubt he fields a whole lot during that time) then I expect him to be on the opening day roster. Isn't that what we are talking about? The opening day roster?

We usually don't agree but we agree on this, I will take Ellington back there all day over James

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats going on with him? are we going to cut him? If he isn't healthy by now he will never be. It doesn't take this long to come back from his injury.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats going on with him? are we going to cut him? If he isn't healthy by now he will never be. It doesn't take this long to come back from his injury.

From what I have read, they are being real cautious with him since they really won't need him till 2015. Balke said he was close to returning to training camp. He may never be the same, only time will tell.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Lattimore is getting better any chance he starts to practice and maybe gets in the last preseason game? I would like to have 4 healthy RBs going into the season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Lattimore is getting better any chance he starts to practice and maybe gets in the last preseason game? I would like to have 4 healthy RBs going into the season.

Sounds like he might start the season on the PUP list and that would mean he would not be eligible till week 7

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on with this guy.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What is going on with this guy.

A couple of days ago the report Harbaugh got from the training staff was good so my thoughts is that he probably could be activated and play but are going to pull what they did with Okoye last season have him being "injured" and put him on the NFI to stash him away so he doesn't take up a roster spot.

Not sure but if they keep him on the NFI it doesn't count as a year towards his contract which locks him up that much longer.

The fact of the matter is with Gore, Hyde, and LMJ they really don't need Lattimore until 2015 when Hunter and Gore are gone so having him on the roster would just be using up a space that could be used for a guy that will contribute on ST.

And if they do need him later on they can always activate him after 6 weeks.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of days ago the report Harbaugh got from the training staff was good so my thoughts is that he probably could be activated and play but are going to pull what they did with Okoye last season have him being "injured" and put him on the NFI to stash him away so he doesn't take up a roster spot.

Not sure but if they keep him on the NFI it doesn't count as a year towards his contract which locks him up that much longer.

The fact of the matter is with Gore, Hyde, and LMJ they really don't need Lattimore until 2015 when Hunter and Gore are gone so having him on the roster would just be using up a space that could be used for a guy that will contribute on ST.

I would hope we activate him during the season cuz I dont trust having just 3 RBs all year with Gore, Hyde and James.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gore is probably gone, but by all indications, Baalke wants Hunter back in the fold next season.

Also, didn't I say Lattimore's best will probably be witnessed next season which is why the Niners are already stating that 2015 is when they need him the most? It's no accident, his knee issues along with the current core of RB's the Niners have is what will make them push his timetable back, although word is that we WILL see Lattimore get some playing time at some point this season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 1/2 years out football would kill his career. He needs to play this year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
2 1/2 years out football would kill his career. He needs to play this year.

If the guy has talent the layoff won't matter as long as he's keeping in shape and doing the work that he can do. A good preseason to knock the rust off and reawaken those instincts and he would be good to go.

RB is just one of those positions that you either have the knack to do it or not.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was speculation going on in the LMJ thread about Lattimore. This is the lastest update I found. Not sure what to make of it.

SANTA CLARA, Calif.: Marcus Lattimore stays positive as season begins | Gamecocks in the Pros | Go Gamecocks

Whereas last year there was an understanding that Lattimore would remain on the injury list throughout his rookie season, this year there is hope he can join the active roster at some point after Week 6.
^From that article. If all goes well he might be on the roster and play after the bye...week 9 I think. I'm not sure how much or if any playing time he will get if Gore and Hyde are rolling. Best not to push him if he isn't ready for sure.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With only 2 active RBs on the roster and no additions this week, I hope he is the 2014 plans!

Niner Empire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With only 2 active RBs on the roster and no additions this week, I hope he is the 2014 plans!

Hopefully he is in the plans, if he cant make it back this year he'll never come back.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the latest on Lattimore I've read:

The San Francisco 49ers opened the 2014 NFL campaign with just two running backs -- Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde -- on their active game-day roster. They let LaMichael James go on Monday, which leaves them with only return man Bruce Ellington as a rushing option on their roster and the injured Marcus Lattimore on the reserve/NFI list.

Will we see Lattimore, who continues to work his way back from a gruesome college knee injury, added to the backfield this season?

"Lattimore continues to work out and get stronger every day as he gets paced through a program under the direction of the strength and conditioning staff," wrote Matt Maoiocco of CSNBayArea.com.

"He opened the season on the reserve/non-football injury list. He is expected to begin practicing at some point after Week 6. He could eventually be elevated to become the team’s No. 3 running back in the second half of the season."

It's not clear if that would push Ellington out of the mix as the No. 3 option or if the 49ers would expand their backfield pool to four running backs, perhaps keeping three active on game days. That likely will depend a lot on how good Lattimore looks physically and whether Gore and Hyde avoid injuries by midseason

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An update:

We haven't heard much about Lattimore since training camp. In fact, the last time a 49ers coach was asked about the second-year running back was on Aug. 20.

“He’s looking good," offensive coordinator Greg Roman said. "Our training staff are the people to ask on that if you want to get specifics... They’re putting him through a lot of change of direction stuff, hard-type cutting. He’s looking good."

Those comments were made nearly two months ago. But we do have something new to add to the story. Lattimore's stepfather, Vernon Smith, told GoGamecocks.com that Lattimore is ready to return.

"The NFL is a business, and he's an investment for their future and they wanted to take it slowly," Smith said. "They promised they would take care of him and they wouldn't rush him. They wanted him to take his time."

Lattimore is eligbile to be activated off the team's Non-Football Injury List after Week 6. For those of you keeping score at home, the 49ers face the St. Louis Rams on "Monday Night Football" this week, which would be Week 6.

By early next week, we'll know if Lattimore will re-join the 49ers at practice like he did for most of the offseason.

The full article:Niner Talk Bonus: Updates on Marcus Lattimore, NaVorro Bowman

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully he is in the plans, if he cant make it back this year he'll never come back.

agree.

assuming he does get on the 53 man this season, we should see flashes of his skills? he won't come in and be a monster, but when he does play there should be flashes of his old self? a "flash" could be how fast he hits the hole, even though there isn't much there? a "flash" could be his lateral movement AND burst thru another hole? a "flash" could be his ability to make the first buy "miss"? it doesn't necessarily mean he has to get 10 yards a carry.

if he doesn't flash anything 'special', he'll never come back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is he is still one the team. I totally forgot about him. I don't get whats going on with him. Crazy story. I thought they would cut him by now.