• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LAte games vs tough matchup - Rangers vs reigning champs Dodgers June 11-13

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys grade this rebuild from 1 to 10?
Other than Garcia and Calhoun I see little success to date. Injuries have definitely posed a problem but at this time I see nothing more than a 4.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Garcia and Calhoun I see little success to date. Injuries have definitely posed a problem but at this time I see nothing more than a 4.
And Dunning

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it about a 6.5 or 7, but it isn't even time for mid-terms yet. I think we have a potential for an 8 or so by the end of the year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we start making trades next month, I am in favor of including Nate Lowe in one of those trades and bringing Curtis Terry up to play 1B.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things to like so far about our rebuilding process.

Garcia
Dunning
Gibson trade potential
Kennedy trade potential
Curtis Terry
Cole Winn
Jake Latz
Hans Crouse
Tyler Phillips
A J Alexy
Ryan Dorrow
Cody Bradford
Cole Ragans
Nick Karuth
Tekoh Roby
Evan Carter

Between Jung, Huff, Wendzel and Foscue, and next months top 3 picks, things could look significantly better in 3 months.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we start making trades next month, I am in favor of including Nate Lowe in one of those trades and bringing Curtis Terry up to play 1B.
Curtis Terry

Height: 6-3
Weight: 264 lbs
Hits/Throws: R/R
Acquired: 2015 Round 13
RuleV: Eligible

Physical Description: Above-average height with significant bulk; a hulking human. High waisted and a thick lower half and core. Strong hands and upper body.

Hit: Stands crouched with the bat head on his shoulder until the pitcher's windup; gets the barrel high and back with significant bat movement prior to swinging. Uses a small leg kick as his timing mechanism. Keeps his weight on his back foot and uses his upper body strength to deliver crushing blows to the baseball. Takes big, hulking cuts at the ball. Swing can get long. Has above-average or better bat speed that generates high exit velocities and drives the ball when he makes good contact. Aggressive, free swinging approach that leads to a lot of strikeouts and few walks. Shows average pitch recognition and below-average barrel control. Punishes fastball mistakes. Grade: 40

Power:
Shows massive raw power to the pull side during BP with explosive bat speed. Got to his raw power during games in 2019, hitting a HR in every 19 at-bats. Powerful, natural strength-fueled swing that is designed to get the ball in the air to the pull side. Lacks hip rotation, but has the shear strength to drive the ball. Aggressive approach will hinder his power output as he moves up the ladder. Grade: 55

Field:
Shows a solid glove at 1B with below-average footwork. Has limited range at the position. Heavy footed. Shows good awareness in the field and makes the routine play. Grade: 45

Arm:
Long, overhand thrower who will sometimes drop his shoulder to get the ball out quicker. Shows below-average arm strength; ball lacks carry because of the trajectory he throws at. Grade: 40

Run:
Recorded below-average times in the 60 as an amateur; has slowed some during his minor league career as he's continued to add bulk. Timed at 4.46 down the line from the right side during the 2019 season. Grade: 30

Overall:
Terry shows massive raw power, but the rest of his tools play below average. He's a bat-first prospect who likely does not have the bat-to-ball skills to consistently unleash his power against upper-level pitching.

OFP: 35
Role: 30 - Up/Down Emergency Depth
Risk: Moderate

Evaluator: Jake Kerns

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis Terry

Height: 6-3
Weight: 264 lbs
Hits/Throws: R/R
Acquired: 2015 Round 13
RuleV: Eligible

Physical Description: Above-average height with significant bulk; a hulking human. High waisted and a thick lower half and core. Strong hands and upper body.

Hit: Stands crouched with the bat head on his shoulder until the pitcher's windup; gets the barrel high and back with significant bat movement prior to swinging. Uses a small leg kick as his timing mechanism. Keeps his weight on his back foot and uses his upper body strength to deliver crushing blows to the baseball. Takes big, hulking cuts at the ball. Swing can get long. Has above-average or better bat speed that generates high exit velocities and drives the ball when he makes good contact. Aggressive, free swinging approach that leads to a lot of strikeouts and few walks. Shows average pitch recognition and below-average barrel control. Punishes fastball mistakes. Grade: 40

Power:
Shows massive raw power to the pull side during BP with explosive bat speed. Got to his raw power during games in 2019, hitting a HR in every 19 at-bats. Powerful, natural strength-fueled swing that is designed to get the ball in the air to the pull side. Lacks hip rotation, but has the shear strength to drive the ball. Aggressive approach will hinder his power output as he moves up the ladder. Grade: 55

Field:
Shows a solid glove at 1B with below-average footwork. Has limited range at the position. Heavy footed. Shows good awareness in the field and makes the routine play. Grade: 45

Arm:
Long, overhand thrower who will sometimes drop his shoulder to get the ball out quicker. Shows below-average arm strength; ball lacks carry because of the trajectory he throws at. Grade: 40

Run:
Recorded below-average times in the 60 as an amateur; has slowed some during his minor league career as he's continued to add bulk. Timed at 4.46 down the line from the right side during the 2019 season. Grade: 30

Overall:
Terry shows massive raw power, but the rest of his tools play below average. He's a bat-first prospect who likely does not have the bat-to-ball skills to consistently unleash his power against upper-level pitching.

OFP: 35
Role: 30 - Up/Down Emergency Depth
Risk: Moderate

Evaluator: Jake Kerns
I wonder how he had Adolis Garcia rated 3 months ago?

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

way too early for me to assign a grade.